Stoner Fans Unite!

roddyyoudaman

im guessing you've never experienced it. because it is NOTHING like alcohol. i have driven high more times than i can count. and if anything it makes me a better driver because im so careful and paranoid about it.

Wow. This is the most ignorant statement I think I have seen on these boards.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im guessing you've never experienced it. because it is NOTHING like alcohol. i have driven high more times than i can count. and if anything it makes me a better driver because im so careful and paranoid about it.

Its JUST like alcohol...it effects people differently and it depends on how potent it really is...it impairs your thoughts...theres no arguing that and if it impairs your thoughts (just like alcohol) they need to have some sort of test for it while people are driving

Its JUST like alcohol...it effects people differently and it depends on how potent it really is...it impairs your thoughts...theres no arguing that and if it impairs your thoughts (just like alcohol) they need to have some sort of test for it while people are driving

obviously it impairs your thoughts. it's marijuana.. but it is nothing like alcohol. alcohol affects your judgment, decision making, and ability to function in a much more severe way than weed. The odds of crashing while drunk are pretty much a guarantee. Driving high is nothing like driving drunk, if you've ever done it you would understand. Not saying it's a good thing. but to compare alcohol with weed in that sense is completely redundant.

Even if pot is ever legalized it still should be treated the same as alcohol. If you drive impared similar punishments should apply. I smoke with the best of them but this would be an obvious in my book.

^^^^ this

And again...it depends on how potent it is...you could drink 5 beers with low % of alcohol and not be as impaired as if you drank 5 4 lokos or something like that. There needs to be a way for enforcement to test on site if your impaired or not.

Andi would have to say there have been times where i was more messed up from mary then i was from alcohol...like i said before it has to do with the potency of it.

But heres a question to think about...if/when it does become legal do you think cigarette companies are going to get in on it? Or will it come from a new manufacturer?

^^^^ this

And again...it depends on how potent it is...you could drink 5 beers with low % of alcohol and not be as impaired as if you drank 5 4 lokos or something like that. There needs to be a way for enforcement to test on site if your impaired or not.

Andi would have to say there have been times where i was more messed up from mary then i was from alcohol...like i said before it has to do with the potency of it.

But heres a question to think about...if/when it does become legal do you think cigarette companies are going to get in on it? Or will it come from a new manufacturer?

Oh boy you bet your azz that Phillip-Morris and the rest of them are gonna get in on that cash cow!!!! Now it may eventually turn into something like beer where you have the BIG branded items and the more hands on micro(independant) producers. Man O man what a day that'll be! B)

Edited by Goal Line D

how do you suppose an officer is supposed to do a field sobriety on suspected marijuana usage? there's no breathalyer, thc is stored in fat, you can just say "heeey officer man dude i'm so like having a migraine and a cold right now so uhh that's why my eyes are all watery and glazzy, yeeeeeah bro"

There is a test they preform with a red lazer light pen that they use to make you follow it without moving your head. I'm not sure how they can determine anything from that but it's used to assume drug intoxication.

BS if you ask me.

Edited by Goal Line D

how do you suppose an officer is supposed to do a field sobriety on suspected marijuana usage? there's no breathalyer, thc is stored in fat, you can just say "heeey officer man dude i'm so like having a migraine and a cold right now so uhh that's why my eyes are all watery and glazzy, yeeeeeah bro"

Thats what im trying to say, i dont think you'll see it become legalized until they find a way to test for it...the only thing they can do now is if they suspect your high they can take you in and make you do a pee test...but thats a lot of guess work and could be embarrassing for the department...

Lots of variables to be discussed on this matter, but... I don't smoke it but I'd vote to legalize it.

War on Drugs is a humongous waste of time and resources.

You really think inhaling smoke, of any kind, doesn't do harm to your body? Then you're not a very bright person. This discussion is often sidelined into a discussion about tobacco/alcohol, deflecting accountability of marijuana usage.

A lot of people should get out of jail for marijuana possessions... or at least I assume so (ask JDave on the legal aspects). Privatized prisons/jails aren't going to like that and would fight/lobby against it.

It's a growable, sellable, taxable resource. It would be nice for the U.S. to have a product like that again. However, we'll still outsource and hire illegals to do it.

You're going to see a lot of violent cartels and bordertowns dry up if weed is legalized. That's going to have an adverse effect on immigration reform.

Look for a resurgence of the tobacco companies if marijuana is legal. They are salivating over this.

You know, drunk people who think they can drive while intoxicated say the EXACT same thing! I personally don't care either way, but I am leaning more towards legalizing it. I've never done it and never plan on it, simply by choice. All I know is that if it has the same side effects as alcohol such as impaired judgement, I want it treated just like Alcohol. DUI's, DWI's, Public Intoxication, the whole 9 yards. Here is why I think they should legalize it:

A.) People are going to smoke it wether it's legal or not.

B.) If you make it legal you can tax it and people will still buy it, and it would probably boost the economy more than any stimulus crap the government wants to give us.

C.) Like someone else said, a good portion of gang related crimes would stop because it would be legal.

D.) It's no worse for you than cigarettes or Alcohol.

Really, now that I think about it. I don't hear about many people smoking weed anymore. I think the new craze is popping pills. That to me is more dangerous than someone smoking weed. I've taken various medications, and there are so many out there that people can get their hands on that are just plain dangerous.

You know, drunk people who think they can drive while intoxicated say the EXACT same thing! I personally don't care either way, but I am leaning more towards legalizing it. I've never done it and never plan on it, simply by choice. All I know is that if it has the same side effects as alcohol such as impaired judgement, I want it treated just like Alcohol. DUI's, DWI's, Public Intoxication, the whole 9 yards. Here is why I think they should legalize it:

B.) If you make it legal you can tax it and people will still buy it, and it would probably boost the economy more than any stimulus crap the government wants to give us.

C.) Like someone else said, a good portion of gang related crimes would stop because it would be legal.

Really, now that I think about it. I don't hear about many people smoking weed anymore. I think the new craze is popping pills. That to me is more dangerous than someone smoking weed. I've taken various medications, and there are so many out there that people can get their hands on that are just plain dangerous.

Excellent points all around! Very pragmatic.

Mary should be legalized for recreational purposes but more importantly, for it's medical value. For those who don't realize it it's been a "miracle" plant, for medical purposes, for at least 5000 years. There are studies that show THC cures many types of cancer. It you would like more info research it but to get you started here is a link to a great video.

all those tests are BS, they were conjured up so you will fail.

I always get them on that. I have CPEO, which is a very, very rare disorder of the eye muscles. Over time, your eye muscles lock up, so you can't really move them without turning your head. Also, I can't really open my eyelids without lifting my brows (even then it doesn't help much), so my lids hang low and people always think I'm high.

I always get them on that. I have CPEO, which is a very, very rare disorder of the eye muscles. Over time, your eye muscles lock up, so you can't really move them without turning your head. Also, I can't really open my eyelids without lifting my brows (even then it doesn't help much), so my lids hang low and people always think I'm high.

I thought that was called SSS: Stuart Scott Syndrome.

Well despite what drunks say, driving while high is absolutely nothing like driving drunk. Drunk, you really have no control, and whoever thinks they do or claims that it makes them a better driver is an idiot. Being high does not affect you as badly as alcohol does point blank. I'm not just saying if you haven't tried it then you don't understand for nothing, if you have NEVER used marijuana, you truly do not understand, just like everything else. Like football for example, people who have played usually tend to have a more clear understanding of the difficulty of the sport, as opposed to those who have only watched it their entire lives. But yes, driving high is still considered driving under the influence, obviously, and there should of course be restrictions on driving while high once it is legalized. I just do not like when people put alcohol at the same level as alcohol. Because they affect you in totally different ways.

Mary should be legalized for recreational purposes but more importantly, for it's medical value. For those who don't realize it it's been a "miracle" plant, for medical purposes, for at least 5000 years. There are studies that show THC cures many types of cancer. It you would like more info research it but to get you started here is a link to a great video.

wow! It cures cancer? Does it clean stains, make you smarter, and increase male performance too?

I think that smoking dope is for knuckleheads but I also think that its a persons right to be a knucklehead. I only have one caveat. If you gonna legalize dope, do away with the welfare state. Same thing for immigration: Open the gates and let anybody who wants in to come, but not so that the state can tax producers to pay your way.

wow! It cures cancer? Does it clean stains, make you smarter, and increase male performance too?

I think that smoking dope is for knuckleheads but I also think that its a persons right to be a knucklehead. I only have one caveat. If you gonna legalize dope, do away with the welfare state. Same thing for immigration: Open the gates and let anybody who wants in to come, but not so that the state can tax producers to pay your way.

That's the point of using marijuana for medicinal purposes, it gives a relaxed, stress and pain free sensation that is not often experienced because of their condition, such as cancer. Actually, since you want to be a d*** and such, I write amazing papers for my college classes while stoned, so much so that I'm actually considering majoring in journalism. Also, there have been numerous cases of people scoring higher on IQ tests and SATs while high. Not exactly sure why you're interested in male performance...... but marijuana does happen to make sex 100 times better. Increase in pleasure = increase in performance. There are your cold hard facts, sir Chauch.