For all you Californians.........No matter what team you're pulling for!

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

I am in the Navy and live in San Diego. This state is suffering really bad. I hope this passes to help this place out with money.

I def think is a good bill that should go through really in every state could use this. Would help the economy in more then just one way, folks would also increase there grocery bill as well. Kinda looks like a win win situation to me as long as it is controlled properly by laws.

Hey my granddaughter lives out there (Marines).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have some points but comparing meth to weed is a reach at best..... <_<

Your're expecting good judgement from people in California? You're right though, I was exaggerating with meth but I'm telling you that it won't stop just with weed next with be hash or something like it and so on.

Ironically the biggest drug problem in the US IS legal. That would be prescription drugs. Very low probability of getting caught and the dealers are licensed by the state as MD's. These drug pushers also called doctors not only push drugs on adults these immoral, criminals push drugs on kids like Ritalin, etc.

Our society teaches people to handle problems and adversity through victimization, medication and villification. Now the NFL Competition Committee, Rich McKay and others are trying to take away hard hits from football. Basically this country is going to Helll.

How pathetic is it that Cali has to resort to desperate measures like legalizing weed to help their out of control spending. When that doesn't help they'll want to legalize meth. There is a good aspect to this, when this measure passes then fails miserably with drug use exploding, disfunctional behavior sky rocketing, a mass exodus of productive residents and the California budget deficit worse than before the whole nation will see how moronic and foolish this state has been and continues to be. The only ones left will be stoners, illegal aliens and liberal freaks. What a waste of a beautiful state.

Congrats for stupidest post of the year. To even compare cannabis is laughable. Generalization after generalization. Just stop please. Just stop.

Fact is the U.S. needs California. Without CA, the entire nation would be f*cked.

Congrats for stupidest post of the year. To even compare cannabis is laughable. Generalization after generalization. Just stop please. Just stop.

Fact is the U.S. needs California. Without CA, the entire nation would be f*cked.

"The US needs California" :lol::lol::lol:

We need a bankrupt state teeming with illegal aliens, gang members, far left freaks, Nancy Pelosi, rampant drug use and you. I don't think so.

I guarantee Cali will come begging to the US Federal government for a bailout in the next few years. Guess what, it won't happen. When Cali is forced to cut its bloated budget putting hundreds of thousands overpaid, underworked government workers on the streets there will be mass riots and we will all be laughing at you.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

How pathetic is it that Cali has to resort to desperate measures like legalizing weed to help their out of control spending. When that doesn't help they'll want to legalize meth. There is a good aspect to this, when this measure passes then fails miserably with drug use exploding, disfunctional behavior sky rocketing, a mass exodus of productive residents and the California budget deficit worse than before the whole nation will see how moronic and foolish this state has been and continues to be. The only ones left will be stoners, illegal aliens and liberal freaks. What a waste of a beautiful state.

Exactly why I so rarely post here anymore. Narrow-minded, Right Wing Reactionaries that blame most all of societies ills on liberals and FREE THINKERS.

Has California been fiscally responsible? No they haven't but that makes them less than you and your right wing friends? Nope.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

"The US needs California" :lol: :lol: :lol:

We need a bankrupt state teeming with illegal aliens, gang members, far left freaks, Nancy Pelosi, rampant drug use and you. I don't think so.

I guarantee Cali will come begging to the US Federal government for a bailout in the next few years. Guess what, it won't happen. When Cali is forced to cut its bloated budget putting hundreds of thousands overpaid, underworked government workers on the streets there will be mass riots and we will all be laughing at you.

You are one sick, angry individual. I see the therapy doesn't seem to be helping, perhaps you should take up prescription meds like your hero Rush Limpballs.

I hate politics - everyone hates everyone.

• Liberals say they are "free spirits" - but then bashes every opinion conservatives have.
  • Conservatives think they are right and everyone else is wrong.

I am more conservative - but not an over-pushy jerk that pushed my thoughts on everyone.

As far as this law goes - I am not to sure how I would vote if I lived in CA. I don't do drugs so it wouldn't benefit me in that way - but CA is clearly in financial situation worse than any other state, so I can see they are trying to fabricate more more money. I think it would have to be treated exactly as alcohol in the sense of driving under influence, etc... Seems very unlikely to pass for 1 of 50 states, but we will see.

As far as the rest of the US "needing" CA, that is an ignorant statement that makes no sense. CA is a broke state that houses the biggest idiots (hollywood) on the planet. But I do like San Diego - very nice city. :)

Wow this thread brought out the hidden Cali Falcons Fans out !! (Including myself) :D

I can't vote, but if I could, I would argue to make it legal. Yes, I do have kids, educating them while they are growing up and helping them to understand right from wrong is the best weapon against drug dealers and other bad stuff when they become teenagers. Strict law probably is not going to help. Just like strict parenting does not help these days with kids (worked for my parents though).

After this, Marijuana should be legalized. I mean as much potheads there are out there, this could help out the economy some.

Study: Alcohol More Lethal Than Crack Or Heroin

LONDON (CBS4) ― British researchers have found that the most dangerous drug isn't heroin, crack, or even oxycodone, it's alcohol.

Drinking rated the worst when measuring the damage to families and economic costs including health care, social services, and prison.

When drunk in excess, alcohol damages nearly all organ systems. It is also connected to higher death rates and is involved in a greater percentage of crime than most other drugs, including heroin.

British experts evaluated substances including alcohol, cocaine, heroin, ecstasy and marijuana, ranking them based on how destructive they are to the individual who takes them and to society as a whole.

According to the study in the medical journal Lancet, heroin, crack, and crystal meth were the most lethal to individuals. For overall social effects, alcohol, heroin, and crack were the deadliest. Marijuana and LSD scored far lower than alcohol in the study.

Experts said alcohol scored so high because it is so widely used and has devastating consequences not only for drinkers but for those around them.

Still, before thinking it's time to go back to the days of prohibition, researchers said governments should target problem drinkers, not the average person who enjoys a social drink.

Besides education, researchers said one way to help problem drinkers is to raise the price of alcohol so it isn't as widely available. The study also said countries should reevaluate how they classify drugs.

Narrow-minded, Right Wing Reactionaries that blame most all of societies ills on liberals and FREE THINKERS.

JohnnyBuc we could have healthy fun debate, but your assumption though is reason why people are polarized and can't debate anymore.

I am from a family of that debates policies, talks about issues at any family function. We have done it all our life and we enjoy it. All of us are Fiscal conservatives but tend to be social moderates. But we never consider any side as free thinkers.

All sides are tainted with people that are lemmings to their prospective environment when it comes to politics. More so on the left than right these days sadly, due to the positive influence of progressive agendas vs traditionalized agendas from the media and entertainment.

We can have a fun and honest discussion on this topic, but I will ask than anyone who wants to discuss not to assume anything about anybody and just ask why a person has a perspective on an issue and not assume that I am not a free thinker or any form of bigot because I don't agree with your opinion.

Edited by BadMoonRising

I have two children, no way I want it legal.

You can expect countries where it is legal to make it illegal within the next 20 years,.

I spent my formative years in CA (still here) and I can tell you one thing that was always true: if you wanted pot you could get it at school, if you wanted alcohol, it was a lot harder to get. Drug dealers don't have to worry about their permits getting yanked if they sell to children, liquor stores on the other hand...

I don't smoke pot, I don't plan to either, but I will be voting yes on prop 19.

I spent my formative years in CA (still here) and I can tell you one thing that was always true: if you wanted pot you could get it at school, if you wanted alcohol, it was a lot harder to get. Drug dealers don't have to worry about their permits getting yanked if they sell to children, liquor stores on the other hand...

I don't smoke pot, I don't plan to either, but I will be voting yes on prop 19.

It has always been accessible to anyone, anywhere imho. but once you put it on the shelf in any 7-11 it will become more so. To any age group.

Alcohol was a lot easier to get in my experience, but to really debate this you need to see studies from places where it is legal and do comparisons in productivity in children from when it wasn't.

Adjust those results from other factors and compare. I don't think thats really doable with people allowing their agendas to effect the control and final results.

It has always been accessible to anyone, anywhere imho. but once you put it on the shelf in any 7-11 it will become more so. To any age group.

Alcohol was a lot easier to get in my experience, but to really debate this you need to see studies from places where it is legal and do comparisons in productivity in children from when it wasn't.

Adjust those results from other factors and compare. I don't think thats really doable with people allowing their agendas to effect the control and final results.

Just to give you some food for thought, Portugal decriminalized drugs some years back, and they have had positive results.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=portugal-drug-decriminalization

I am not going to argue someone's morals, but it seems that decriminalizing drugs and refocusing the efforts surrounding drugs is a reasonable alternative that should at least be discussed. I am a firm believer that good parenting negates much of the draw of drug use.

Just to give you some food for thought, Portugal decriminalized drugs some years back, and they have had positive results.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=portugal-drug-decriminalization

I am not going to argue someone's morals, but it seems that decriminalizing drugs and refocusing the efforts surrounding drugs is a reasonable alternative that should at least be discussed. I am a firm believer that good parenting negates much of the draw of drug use.

Thats a good article and agree with the premise of make it illegal to sale, and not legal to do.

That doesn't make sense at face value but it does make sense as the article pointed out in getting addicts the help they need and cut down on the overdozes.

Edited by BadMoonRising

wow i got -9 for saying i was not voting for it? <_< i actually changed my mind and voted yes on 19... there's still a decent chance the federal government can block it even if it passes. yeah its true voting no wont stop weed... im 19 and live in the bay area, i dont smoke but i've been offered it a million times... if i wanted it... i could have it... my friends smoke it... its gonna be around whether you vote yes or no... so i guess i figured... might as well... make it a less shady business... better to have the money going to the government then some dude on the corner

slippery slope fallacy

Every time I hear someone say they are worried about it falling into the hands of children I just shake my head. My state is full of idiots. Pissed off right now. Please, by all means, cast your vote with the drug dealers who want to keep the business private, because it will help the children.