I am done as of today

drozhenbane

Whether you like me or not......

I have been a dedicated fan for years, and will always support the falcons for years to come. I love the team in general, I pay for NFL Sunday Ticket to support my team outside its audience. Recent events, to include firing of Supes, his toons, and the discontinued Hickory award has me rethink my position.

Should I as a displaced fan continue to support our franchise? It would be alot cheaper, and held locally to praise the Vikings, Packers, Lions(LMAO), and the Bears.

So why should I as a fan continue to pay hundreds of $ every year to see my team? It was that fan connection, and the ability for the FO to make good videos to support our cause. It was the Stick award, and the fans ability to interact. The way we could influence the franchise, and make our voice be heard. Now that has been removed, and I ask you honestly if you were an outside fan, what would you have to be proud of?

Nothing! I cant buy gear locally, I cant see my teams games, I cant participate in promos, and I cant meet the team at a Publix. I am outside of broadcast range, and without my $300+ payment to see my games I wouldn't see a single game! These forums have been my life line to fellow falcons fans. Now when I was bragging to local fans about how much our boards have influenced our team, and how cool we are with our videos/charity/awards. I even had Vikings fans in envy, and wishing they had that connection. It has been 2/3 removed, and In my eyes that was a huge mistake. From my stance, and paying out the nose to support my team. This move has officially ended my die hard status. Anyone outside the local fan base will never understand how hard it is to be a dis-located fan. Ask the boys from England, New Guinea, and Australia how it is to be a fan.

I will always support the team in thought, but this will be last year that I pay to support the team in monetary terms. For the cons have outweighed the pros, and as much as it kills me to do it. I cant justify paying $319.95 for the sunday ticket, and another $1248 in gear this year alone. Hopefully reason will soon gain control, but in the meantime I have changed my avatar to support Supes, and wont login anymore.

Peace all, and best wishes.....

DROZ

It's feeling like that which causes a man to go from paying for Sunday Ticket to looking for a str3am of the game for free. People won't stop watching, but they will not pay for what they don't feel connected to.

The Front office realizes decisions like this actually DO cost the Falcons money, even if Dan doesn't.

That is why it is our obligation to the team to let them know that the mistake of their employee is going to cost them! They will act once we do that. #HickryStick #Falcons on Twitter, and Emails is the way to go, guys!

Sorry to see you leave, homeboy. As a fellow displaced fan, I have been a supporter of the team since the early '70s. I only know of one other Falcons fan in my hometown and I haven't talked to him in two years (since I fired him... :( ). That being said, I could not justify spending $300 on Sunday Ticket with money being tight as it is right now, anyway.

But, I am, and always will be, a Falcons fan. I was before Supes got the gig and although I'm not happy with how things shook out, I will still be. I guess I wish they wouldn't have given it to him if they're going to turn around and push him out like that.

I could support my local teams (Browns, Bengals, Steelers) but they aren't MY team, nor will they ever be. I come to these boards to converse with Falcons fans and if the experience is diminished due to the recent events, I'm still coming to the boards. Good luck whither thou goest, friend, but my road led me here and here is where I will be.

Even though I'm no where near as upset as so many others here, I can understand not coming back to the boards, they've been ruining the experience here more and more in recent months, even before this went down. But if you're seriously considering cancelling you're Sunday ticket because of something that happened on the board, then you've probably become more a fan of the board than the Atlanta Falcons football team.

I would have preferred that the award and toons continue, but nothing that happens on this board is going to affect my fandom for this team, which is why I regard much of this today as overreaction. It's all about the team for me. I know that others have expressed that their connection to the team is strengthened through the boards, but thankfully I'm not attached through these boards. I was a fan long before these boards or the internet existed, so they didn't change much for me and nothing that happens here will change how much or closely I follow the Falcons,otherwise I might be flipping out like the others are.

Even though I'm no where near as upset as so many others here, I can understand not coming back to the boards, they've been ruining the experience here more and more in recent months, even before this went down. But if you're seriously considering cancelling you're Sunday ticket because of something that happened on the board, then you've probably become more a fan of the board than the Atlanta Falcons football team.

I would have preferred that the award and toons continue, but nothing that happens on this board is going to affect my fandom for this team, which is why I regard much of this today as overreaction. It's all about the team for me. I know that others have expressed that their connection to the team is strengthened through the boards, but thankfully I'm not attached through these boards. I was a fan long before these boards or the internet existed, so they didn't change much for me and nothing that happens here will change how much or closely I follow the Falcons,otherwise I might be flipping out like the others are.

I totally agree. I've only been posting on the boards since 2004. Before I didn't even no what a message board was. I love coming here and talking sports and it was great that I felt sorta connected to the team in a way that had never been felt before. But the ending of the award and toons will not turn me off the boards or the team.

This is only the beginning.

Many more will leave.

The foolish actions of this particular individual has started an avalanche of criticism on these messageboards that will rumble well into the post-season. If there is even any AF.com messageboards around by then. I have my doubts.

I will continue to b*tch and complain about this individual and his stupid decision to do away with Supes and Falco and our HSA until i am either banned or he is fired.

If i am banned...who gives a flip, right? There are other Falcon fan boards to visit.

As far as his job after all this....? /shrug

But one fact remains constant - No persons job is safe from idiocy.

Edited by HouseofEuphoria

I wanted to say this, but you already put it down nicely. The Falcon team is why we are fans, not because of the message board. Giving up on the team because of something that happened on the message board seems superficial to me.

i was very very veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy upset about the Sanders in the ROH

even said i didnt care if they won another game all yr after that slap in the face to life long Falcon Fans

(yea Right lol )

I Love this team, This is the best team we have ever had.....

some bad choices are being made tho as far as Fan PR

whoever is making these choices either dont care about Fans who have lived and died with this team over sooooooooo many horrid seasons....

or has no Clue about Falcon History and should have no Power in making calls on issues that directly effect the Fans of The Atlanta Falcons.....

The True Life Long Fans who still wore the red and black when we were 3-13

Good God man get a grip! It's a freakin cartoon! Tough that it had to go and it really sucks for the artist. But c'mon now....step back and put this in perspective....you're going to go root for another team because a cartoon stopped showing up on a message board. Sounds like your priorities are a little out of whack.

As far as the Sunday ticket. Go to a local bar that has the Sunday ticket. Or pitch in half and half with a friend. I'm sorry you can't see your team but if you're a big enough Falcons fan you'll find a way to make it happen. Don't let the demise of your favorite cartoon bring ya down.

Chin up....it's gonna be ok..

i was very very veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy upset about the Sanders in the ROH

even said i didnt care if they won another game all yr after that slap in the face to life long Falcon Fans

(yea Right lol )

I Love this team, This is the best team we have ever had.....

some bad choices are being made tho as far as Fan PR

whoever is making these choices either dont care about Fans who have lived and died with this team over sooooooooo many horrid seasons....

or has no Clue about Falcon History and should have no Power in making calls on issues that directly effect the Fans of The Atlanta Falcons.....

The True Life Long Fans who still wore the red and black when we were 3-13

I stil want us to run the table, but Sanders really made the Ring of Honor meaningless. I guess We'll put Favre in there as soon as he retires?

coming from someone that has 97 posts on this board, we will forget about you soon as your thread drops off the front page homie .... Real fans stick in there through thick and thin... Try sticking in here while the whole vick and piggy incident was going on... so as far as i care you can jump back on the bandwagon you came on scrub !!! <_<<_<<_<<_<<_<

That's an awesome board. Now that they have Supes, they will be jard to stop.

They also have the Axis Of Hope Alliance. which includes a Canadian member.

AOHA 4Lyfe!!!

And on that board, Supes is free to post things he can't post here. He can give a new meaning to puttin' the hickory stick to other teams .

notice I spelled it hickOry, because really, by typing it hick'ry, it's the same number of key strokes.

My link

Ima fan of the team. Whoever plays with that logo on there helmet is my favorite player. I was before the cartoons and will be after. As far as the Sunday ticket goes. I have it. And get it every year for dirt cheap or free . U gotta understand that these cable company are fighting for your business so they will do a lot to keep u as a customer. So every year I call up and complain about how I can't afford it and threaten to leave . They always either give me a big discount or the new customer deal . Gotta work the system bro