Defense Today -- Without

Ric Roc

Chris Owens was targeted all day and abused all day... Williams couldn't keep up with Shipley... and Coleman once again provided subpar over-the-top support. Nicholas and Peterson are not two guys you want flanking Lofton, but Peterson comes out in Nickel defenses anyway.

The "Bye" couldn't have come at a better time.

the defense for the most part kept the bengals in check. however after the close of 3rd qtr it looks like we went on soft mode and the bengals decided to open up there playbook...

who feels better at this win? *sigh of relief*

Go Falcons!

Jluk

Not to imply that 'Spoon never does, but Nicholas was missing his gaps against the run an awful lot. But I definitely prefer Nic out there over Peterson.

The secondary was shredded today and with the subs, it had an eerie familiar feeling from last season.

I can live with allowing the underneath stuff; but I hate watching them get burned deep and no help over the top -- Coleman!! :angry:

You can bring up stats all day, but what was the final score?

im not a stat type of guy, and i do believe in the final score is all that matters.... BUT.. u can turn the blind eye on two weeks in a row that this has happend... u can say wat was the score all u want, but last week is the prime example of wat happens when u let a QB go off, u have a GREAT chance of losing.... yea we won but that doenst mean we dnt have things to worry about... <_<

I agree with Ric Roc... the Bye couldnt have came at a better time. We played good, but it should have been a blow out. Yes, a win is a win, but we still have some things to improve on. The defense has been ok... Owens just showed me why he didnt get the start over Grimes to play next to DRob. Coleman...smh that stiff arm probably still hurts lol. Anyway we got the win and I hope we get healthy over the Bye so we can crush the Bucs!!!

GO FALCONS!!!

thats hard to do when the D just gave up 412 yards and 3 TDs to a average QB..... this pass D has to improve on the better teams in this leauge.... point black..

You know the Bengals have the 5th rated passing offense in the NFL right ?

Edited by Geneaut

Owens looked really awful today...he came up with a good tackle at the end of the game though. Overall, its almost like he has regressed significantly from last season.

Coleman, unfortunately, didnt look all that good, but the guy was thrust into a different position than his normal one...so I will give him a marginal pass...but he should have made the tackle on Owens.

Moore looked terrible as well...missing tackles and blowing coverages.

Kinda scary when Grimey is the best 2ndary player we have on the team right now hands down.

Our secondary gives up way too many big plays! We did it today and last week. Yes, our secondary is a little banged up, but part of the reason we give up so many big plays is because we don't put consistent pressure on the opposing QB. They have a lotta time to shred our banged up secondary, which, I'm not sure, will be wholea lot better even with the injured players returning. It's not a good thing in the long run and it's certainly not championship football. I'm sure poor play calling and missed tackes is also putting our defense in a position to give up some of those big plays.

Not to imply that 'Spoon never does, but Nicholas was missing his gaps against the run an awful lot. But I definitely prefer Nic out there over Peterson.

The secondary was shredded today and with the subs, it had an eerie familiar feeling from last season.

I can live with allowing the underneath stuff; but I hate watching them get burned deep and no help over the top -- Coleman!! :angry:

Well except for 2 DTs (Jerry/Peters) it was last years defense (with Weatherspoon out and Robinson out)

added oops Coleman/Moore instead of DeCoud/Coleman

Edited by delaigle