Robinson Could Be Used As Example for Suspension

That's my problem with it. **** Merriweather launched up into Heap's face. Harrison launched two times on Massaquoi and Cribbs. D-Rob had a clean football hit just like Revis against Eddie Royal, which no one is bringing up. I think because both players were hurt with concussions, they assumed helmet to helmet. I disagree.

Exactly! Every time they talk about the new helmet to helmet suspensions they show one clip - the Dunta hit. I'm beginning to think ESPN just likes watching that hit.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly! Every time they talk about the new helmet to helmet suspensions they show one clip - the Dunta hit. I'm beginning to think ESPN just likes watching that hit.

I love watching that hit...I jumped out my seat when it happened then I realized they were hurt but that was a football play.

Stop seeing what you want to see. They are all saying DRob's hit was clean. That is why they always show his. Football if a violent game and it will be hard to prevent those hits.

The only ones that I've really heard say it was a clean hit was Deion, Trent Dilfer, and a few others. For the most part, they are all referring to that hit as helmet to helmet, so I disagree. I agree with you about those hits being hard to prevent, however.

it's funny how the NFL's "devastating hitman" Ray Lewis will never get a fine.

His hits are "clean" but very hard....just like DR's was.

NFL is a league of special treatment, and it shows again.

the physical part of the game is why these guys get paid so much. People like football for it's violence. for 10M a season these players can risk a headache for a few weeks. It is getting pathetic IMO.

There are plenty of jobs out there where people's bodies get broken down daily, and for MUCH MUCH less than these guys are getting (over)paid.

They are using his hit as an example. Not saying he was going to get suspended. But if the rule was active this past Sunday he more then likely face suspension for hitting too hard basically.

like I said, there will always be exceptions and special treatment.

Ray Lewis would not have even gotten a flag for that hit....and he has done it over, and over.....and over throughout his career. He is adored by the NFL for the exact same thing Robinson is being punished for!

If Dunta gets suspended for that hit the player's association may go insane fighting it.

Plus, Harrison should get two games in that case.

it wouldnt surprise me one bit if DR walked away w more of a punishment than Harrison for this weekend.

Just because the NFL has it's favorites.

If Dunta gets suspended and James Harrison doesn't, I'm going to boycott buying any NFL products. They can't continue their biased approach to managing the franchises. I'm so sick of how they treat Dallas, Pittsburgh, New England, and Indianapolis compared to the rest of the league.

Dallas is 1-4 and all they talk about is whether or not they still have a shot at the playoffs. Are you kidding me? If that was the Falcons, we'd be an after thought. Meanwhile, Dallas is still favored to win every week.

In the sports bar on Sunday I was thinking it was a dirty hit.

After finally seeing the replay...if Dunta gets fined/suspended and they start making that the norm I might actually give up trying to watch football. There was nothing dirty about the hit...it's just unfortunate that both players were hurt. However, this is not flag football.

How long before this becomes a two hand touch below the waist league? That was a clean hit, and everybody knows it.

What blows my mind though, instead of trying to come up with better equipment to protect the players, they just keep creating more and more rules that don't do anything. I find it hard to believe that in an era where there are synthetic materials which can stop a bullet, these players are still wearing essentially metal exoskeletons that do nothing more than make it more dangerous when they hit a player.

This will REALLY pi$$ me off if Dunta gets a large suspension. Why are WE always the f'ing "example", huh? Why do WE get to be the NFL's "feel good sacrificial lamb" for that joke of a competition "Katrina Bowl" a few years back? Why does OUR QB get to be the high profile example when the Feds finally get serious about curbing dog fighting, even though dozens, perhaps hundreds, of high profile athletes are involved?

The Steelers' James Harrison knocked two people out of the game Sunday with DIRECT helmet to helmet hits. Even though Dunta delived a very vicious blow, it was clearly aimed to "separate the defender from the football" like you are taught. All helmet contact was incidental. And they are talking about Dunta being the example??? Why???? I'll tell you why. Becuase Dunta plays for the NFL doormat Atlanta Falcons and Harrison plays for the Pittsburgh "Holy Lombardi, win one for the big toe" Steelers.

This isn't right. If this happens Arthur should raise holy he11 and we should bombard the league office with complaints. Losing Dunta for an extended period would be the equivalent of the Bulldogs losing AJ Green. We aren't the same team without him. RISE UP Falcons fans. This ain't right.

Let's say...........

DeSean catches the ball, possesses it and makes a football move, and Duanta comes across and puts is helmet on the ball and causes a fumble.

No penalty, and a proceeding fumble.

But he led with his helmet, and this scenario could easily and does happen consistently.

The NFL is too fast of a game to begin to regulate these types of hits.

This will REALLY pi$$ me off if Dunta gets a large suspension. Why are WE always the f'ing "example", huh? Why do WE get to be the NFL's "feel good sacrificial lamb" for that joke of a competition "Katrina Bowl" a few years back? Why does OUR QB get to be the high profile example when the Feds finally get serious about curbing dog fighting, even though dozens, perhaps hundreds, of high profile athletes are involved?

The Steelers' James Harrison knocked two people out of the game Sunday with DIRECT helmet to helmet hits. Even though Dunta delived a very vicious blow, it was clearly aimed to "separate the defender from the football" like you are taught. All helmet contact was incidental. And they are talking about Dunta being the example??? Why???? I'll tell you why. Becuase Dunta plays for the NFL doormat Atlanta Falcons and Harrison plays for the Pittsburgh "Holy Lombardi, win one for the big toe" Steelers.

This isn't right. If this happens Arthur should raise holy he11 and we should bombard the league office with complaints. Losing Dunta for an extended period would be the equivalent of the Bulldogs losing AJ Green. We aren't the same team without him. RISE UP Falcons fans. This ain't right.

Helmet to helmet is 100% legal if the player isn't a QB or deemed defenseless. Harrison wasn't even called for a penalty on either play because they were both legal.

I agree with you about Dunta though, and there is no way he is going to be suspended. No way.

I still don't understand this "lead with the helmet" thing. I know what "spearing" is, and you'd have to be crazy to do that in modern day football. You'd break your neck.

But what else are you supposed to "lead" with? If you are running towards a ball carrier or receiver, it's pure physics. Your feet will be trailing and your head will be leading. That's the way the human body is built. What else are you supposed to lead with, your feet??? Your hips??? The Bertha Butt tackle???

The head is at the FRONT when you are propelling yourself forward. That's why it is called the HEAD. You can hit someone with your shoulders and keep your head to one side of the attacker, but the head will STILL be in front. It will still be "leading". But now, they're even talking about limiting hits that lead with the shoulders. It's ridiculous, and makes a mockery of the sport.

But the league had already established that the player could get suspended for the violation, so it is a totally different situation my friend. The NFL even reviews plays and hands out fines for late hits, unsportsmanlike penalties after the fact, so i am not understanding what you are getting at.

I get what your saying but I think back to what Steve young said, he didnt agree with the new rule even though some took it that way, he simply said the NFL has said they were going to do it, now they did it and theres nothing anyone can do about it.

And thats what I think about this sitiuation. I dont believe he will get suspended for it but if the NFL wants to make an example out of the players that had hard hits on Sunday and suspend them they will do it and theres nothing anyone can do about it.