NFL To Suspend Players For "Devastating Hits"?

BirdzEyeView

Saw on KFFL where suspensions to start week 7.So I guess Robinson is OK.Except for the fine for the flag thrown by the overzealous ref.They could get him for the incidental helmet contact maybe,but that would be stretching it.

I think the ref should be fined for making a bad call! I still hold to the opinion it was Jackson that lowered his head which caused the helmet to helmet contact. Robinson's hit was 100% legal!

I think the ref should be fined for making a bad call! I still hold to the opinion it was Jackson that lowered his head which caused the helmet to helmet contact. Robinson's hit was 100% legal!

Whiplash by Jackson.Probably a good thing Robinson's helmet was there or DJ's head would have snapped off.

I agree with Cowherd. Cash is king. The NFL is doing this to protect the ratings. Most people don't want to see a player die on the field. Women, the fastest growing demo in the NFL, will run away if the NFL gets too violent.

Um, a little generalizing there, don't ya think?? I'm sure I had the same reaction to the Dunta hit as any man watching the game: a "**** YES!" on the hit itself and then a "God, I hope they're both ok" the second I realized it had caused an injury.

In my experience, women who watch football ... want to SEE football.

Yet the NFL will still market "NFL's Greatest Hits" DVDs, "Hard Knocks" will still get aired, players getting blasted, flipped, and crushed will be in countless montages for every NFL commercial and promotional material , including NFL endorsed product, and exclusive partnerships, and other merchandise that fills the NFL's wallet.