Foot-work

root down

First let me say that I'm not hitting the panic button on Ryan.

but with an average arm, he has got to get his technique and foot-work down pat and consistent.

He is throwing High ALOT. That is pure foot-work people. and it isn't just this game.

One time, this game, he had plenty of time to set and throw, but threw off his back foot while leaning backward. Reminded me of some sorry throws Romo tries to make.

Seriously for someone who is studying lots of film, is a student of the game, has good work ethic.....this problem has been a consistent one.

My concern is the fact that he throws alot of out routes and pretty much nothing else. I would love to see him get the ball down the field more and incorporate more slants and maybe screens. Something has got to change because philly set a good gameplan for other teams to watch on us the rest of the season.

My concern is the fact that he throws alot of out routes and pretty much nothing else. I would love to see him get the ball down the field more and incorporate more slants and maybe screens. Something has got to change because philly set a good gameplan for other teams to watch on us the rest of the season.

Well that's on the playcalling. Whenever Matt runs the no-huddle and calls his own plays our offense looks awesome! From what I've heard over the years the coaches and the QB sit down before each game and come up with plays that each think will work or won't work and what the QB is most comfortable with. Maybe Matt isn't speaking up enough in these meetings? :unsure:

We ran a bunch of screens back in 2008. Jerious Norwood had 36 catches that year with was 3rd best on the team. But Norwood also was mostly healthy that year and played the majority of the season. The last 2 years we haven't seen many screens and Norwood has been hurt and played very little. So maybe that answers that question.

Also we do need to run more slants. They are the easiest passes for a QB to complete because, unless the defender flatout jumps the route or the QB takes to long to get rid of the ball, it's boom-boom from the snap of the ball to the time of the throw by the QB.

Well that's on the playcalling. Whenever Matt runs the no-huddle and calls his own plays our offense looks awesome! From what I've heard over the years the coaches and the QB sit down before each game and come up with plays that each think will work or won't work and what the QB is most comfortable with. Maybe Matt isn't speaking up enough in these meetings? :unsure:

We ran a bunch of screens back in 2008. Jerious Norwood had 36 catches that year with was 3rd best on the team. But Norwood also was mostly healthy that year and played the majority of the season. The last 2 years we haven't seen many screens and Norwood has been hurt and played very little. So maybe that answers that question.

Also we do need to run more slants. They are the easiest passes for a QB to complete because, unless the defender flatout jumps the route or the QB takes to long to get rid of the ball, it's boom-boom from the snap of the ball to the time of the throw by the QB.

Good stuff bro and I know it's still early in the season but this is when we need to make adjustments.