Official Mike Bullmularky`s head and job on a plate thread

I asked some friends who are fans of the Steelers and Dolphins about Mularkey when he was OC of those teams. The response was resoundingly:

He did well at first but was overly conservative and called trick plays in strange situations that killed drives. Teams figured out what he was going to do and the offenses were shut down.

Does this sound familiar to anyone here or is it just me?

agreed, I don't think he'll be gone this year but I hope he's not here next season... and we might need to look at the QB coach too because there's no excuse for Matt to be staring down receivers and struggling with his accuracy 3 yrs into his NFL career. THis is supposed to be his breakout year, so he shouldn't be making rookie mistakes.

agreed, I don't think he'll be gone this year but I hope he's not here next season... and we might need to look at the QB coach too because there's no excuse for Matt to be staring down receivers and struggling with his accuracy 3 yrs into his NFL career. THis is supposed to be his breakout year, so he shouldn't be making rookie mistakes.

Yes, Musgrave shouldn't be receiving a pass neither. Vick had bad habits when Musgrave was coaching him and it's starting to creep up with Ryan now.

I do not believe MM is going anywhere. Why? Because Mike Smith is clinging to him like an orphan. If everyone can see the offensive woes clear as day, Im pretty sure they can as well. I am getting pretty sick and tired of this ish! This offense has been struggling and under-achieving for three consecutive games now. It is not the fact that we lost today, it is HOW we lost and the fact that the offense has shown up. . . what in two games? AZ and NO. The other games, they did not look like ish. Ryan, Turner, Snelling, Mughelli, White, Douglass, Gonzo, now Jenkins, I mean, my goodness. We have a decent squad and should not be struggling on offense like we are. I remember back to the pre-season when the offense exhibited these same problems. People then were saying "its only pre-season". What's the excuse now? I am tired of this man, real talk.

plain and simple...as a Mularkey offense. +1

what has happened to our so called high powered offense, with all the weapons we have on this team we just don't push the ball down the field. The Falcons play not to loose they need to play to win that is why even in our wins they are very close games with the exception of the Arizona game. I have said that Mike M should be replaced. I still believe that Brian VG is a good defensive coach our defense is a very young defense and they are going to get torched from time to time that is part of the learning curve.

But we need a Offensive coordinator that can put together a game plan that pushes the ball down the field. when we got down 21 the next time we get the ball first play is a running play come on staying with the game plan of run first when down 21 is stupid MM needs to go. I love the smash mouth running game we have but there is a time you have to be able to get yourself back in a game when you get down early and starting the series off with a running play is just not getting it done. Matt R is a very good and smart QB but he is being made to look bad by the play calling of the OC get rid of MM.

I am very much on board as well! We May be 4-2 but that is in no way thanks to Mularkey... If the defense hadn't been so improved, this record would be very different and not for the better.

It would be controversial to fire an OC with a winning record, but it is just so obvious that he is a very very small part of the succes we'be had, if any at all!

I Think we should Do it now... Why not prevent a disaster waiting to happen instead of having to clean up the mess when it does. We all see it coming. I find it hard to believe that so many people see this... Even including the fans of steelers and Miami, and Dimitroff and Smith does not see it...

Edited by FalconsfanDK

MM has to go

I am a patient fan but this offense is as predictable to other teams as it was in 2005/2006 under Knapp. Both, Knapp and MM, absolutely fail to evolve an offense and fail to take the neccessary leap forward. Even though I am pretty sure that limitation on the OL and the injury of Norwood play a part in the predictability of the offense, it is undeniable that we do less in 2010 than we did in 2008.

Edited by Herr Beast

I mean really. We have to have one of the most dumbest OC's out there. Who in their right mind WOULDN'T Throw a screen pass out the backfield when we are being blitzed all game long. :angry:

It makes right good sense to throw the "screen." I didn't know that MM was that stubborn. Right now, he seems to insist on getting it done some other way. :blink:

Mularkey absolutely refuses to adapt his game planing. I don't know if he is stubborn or if he is just an idiot, but what he does, doesn't work! You would think that the OCs playbook would expand and become more elaborate the longer he works with the same Offensive players. But, for some reason, the more our players become familiar with his system the more he dumbs it down. It seems to me that we are running the exact same plays, to the T, that we ran last year. really. are you telling me that our guys aren't smart enough to learn, say 5 new plays a year. The league has developed into a run the ball off of the pass type league. He is still just trying to run the ball no matter how many guys are in the box. It's really pretty asinine. The team will NEVER be elite with him at the helm of the offense, and the sooner he is fired the better.

Edited by Negatron
  • 3 months later...

I mean really. We have to have one of the most dumbest OC's out there. Who in their right mind WOULDN'T Throw a screen pass out the backfield when we are being blitzed all game long. :angry:

Can't blame the players on this one. It's the coaches fault for not calling screen passes or bringing in a RB that can catch a screen.