This loss is a blessing in disguise.

Losing this game is actually a blessing in disguise. We have made a lot of mistakes this season so far. However, it was not been expose like we are in this game. Coaching staff will go through the film room and find it to correct it. Also, losing this big will motivate the players even more. We have a group of players that have the fight in them and they hate seeing this kind of score. If we beat Cincy next week, we should be in good position going into a bye. (5-2)

Losing this game is actually a blessing in disguise. We have made a lot of mistakes this season so far. However, it was not been expose like we are in this game. Coaching staff will go through the film room and find it to correct it. Also, losing this big will motivate the players even more. We have a group of players that have the fight in them and they hate seeing this kind of score. If we beat Cincy next week, we should be in good position going into a bye. (5-2)

I doubt it....MM will come out with the same offensive philosophy next week smh

only way this will be a blessing is if MM is fired. we need a coordinator with creativity & killer instinct. I'm getting tired of knowing what play we're running & I'm not getting paid millions of dollars

Losing the game didn't bother me as the Eagles seem to always beat us, but I may have totally lost interest in football because of this game. DUNTA ROBINSON is the man. That was a beautiful hit and a big sacrifice he made to stop the Eagles drive to try and keep us in the game, only to get flagged by the black and white striped game-rigging crew.

MM is not the one giving Ryan no time to go through his reads. I would put more blame on BVG. Wheres the blitz? It was obvious early that sitting back and playing coverage wasn't working. How come everyone seems to have career days against us? When we play soft coverage even Delhome (SP?) looks like Manning against us. We weren't going 15-1 and going into Philly is a tough win. Our offense wasn't the problem today.

only good thing about today was the play of Jenkins. MM play-callin' sux...PERIOD!!! Reid doesn't even have to game plan for it 'cause it's so predictable. Ryan always looks hurried whether it's happy feet or bad protection. one day MM will throw first to loosen up players in the box...probably won't be the Falcons OC by that time tho... :rolleyes:

Edited by sanfranfalcon

We fire MM and promote who? or bring in who? lol change the way the whole offense is being called? We're built to run the ball and if thats not established we will struggle. I agree to throwing in some better passing play calling but getting rid of the OC rarely works out for the better midway through October

Have a Battle of Madden for all the armchair GM's on this board and the winner is declared the new OC.

MM is TOO PREDICTABLE--PERIOD! He cannot mis-direct any Defense in the league.

Let's get real, our Moms could be more creative in play calling.

He has to go. When is the last time you saw a screen pass?

How many deep passes do we throw?

This type of coaching will create consistent losses.

I wish Arthur Blank would call Smitty and tell him fire MM today--DONE.

MM is TOO PREDICTABLE--PERIOD! He cannot mis-direct any Defense in the league.

Let's get real, our Moms could be more creative in play calling.

He has to go. When is the last time you saw a screen pass?

I wish Arthur Blank would call Smitty and tell him fire MM today--DONE.

We have big physical line men not quick agile big men and well Turner just doesnt have the open field moves to effectively call the screen pass nor does Snelling so a screen to either of them wouldnt be much of a big difference.

This is the second year in a row that Reid and the eagles out played and out coached us.

1. You can not win if you can not score.

2. OL is not as nasty as advertised. They were man handled. Where was the RB to pick up the blitz?

3. DL did not penetrate. Some penetration would have stoped those trick plays.

4. I only remember 1 crossing route and it was a gain of 12 yards by White. It has been working and it worked today. Why stop?

5. Stop protecting Ryan and call some plays down field.

Just my observations.

only good thing about today was the play of Jenkins. MM play-callin' sux...PERIOD!!! Reid doesn't even have to game plan for it 'cause it's so predictable. Ryan always looks hurried whether it's happy feet or bad protection. one day MM will throw first to loosen up players in the box...probably won't be the Falcons OC by that time tho... :rolleyes:

Jenkins definitely showed that he is a solid no2. I would also add Moore to that list. If he stays healthy he could be special. As for the play calling, after the way we ran the ball last week you had to know their main goal was to stop the run.

Here is how you fix the offense:

Tell Mularkey to shove it, hand the keys to Ryan (or new OC), and yell in his face before every game to be aggressive. I am absolutely convinced he has it stuck in his head they have to play as conservatively as possible to control the clock and not turn the ball over. Take shots down the field to make them respect the deep pass, stretch the field to get the linebackers and safeties away from the box to help the running game, get some bubble screens going, anything!

This is an offense fully capable of piling on the points. Controlling the clock is nice but it isn't the be all end all. You don't win by controlling the clock you win by scoring, something Mularkey fails to grasp. I mean, who keeps trying to run the ball and call short passes when down by 18?!

I know Smith is a defense minded coach and will naturally prefer a conservative offense, but this doesn't cut it. Fire Mularkey, bring in or promote someone who understands this, and stop handcuffing the offense