Its time to bench Ryan.

Ryan has been struggling for sure, but with the protection he get's from his o-line I highly doubt any of are other QB's will do any better. If you watched today you could count the time he had over and over. More times then not he had 2 seconds before preasure was on him. O-line needs to be better to help our QB out.

They need to fire Mularkey, not bench Ryan. Defenses have figured out the offense and now no one is getting open, Ryan has to hold onto the ball, and the O-line has more pressure on it to protect Ryan. Defenses know all they're going to do is run the ball and throw short passes, they don't respect the deep ball since it never happens, and they're able to stuff the offense.

Mularkey is the problem here. He's overly conservative when we need a more aggressive OC.

They need to fire Mularkey, not bench Ryan. Defenses have figured out the offense and now no one is getting open, Ryan has to hold onto the ball, and the O-line has more pressure on it to protect Ryan. Defenses know all they're going to do is run the ball and throw short passes, they don't respect the deep ball since it never happens, and they're able to stuff the offense.

Mularkey is the problem here. He's overly conservative when we need a more aggressive OC.

Could not agree more, we need to take shots downfield BEFORE the game is out of hand.

For a game or two and wake his a$$ up. He was praised too much too early, and it is killing us. He is not playing well and has not.

It's not Ryan it's Mularkey's play calling IMO. You can't confine your offense to a longest pass of 15 yards, it is a lot easier for a defense to cover a 15 yard field than it is to cover the entire field IMO.

For a game or two and wake his a$$ up. He was praised too much too early, and it is killing us. He is not playing well and has not.

The pathetic performance of Matt Ryan today just underscores the simple fact that making him a number-one pick and counting on him to be "the face of the franchise" for Atlanta was a horrible mistake by the Falcon's brass.

Ryan is not great when he has all day to sit in the pocket and throw; when he's under even the slightest bit of pressure, he either freezes up and gets sacked, dumps the ball off for a 1-yard gain or throws an interception. The guy is now in his third year and I swear he looks worse every week instead of better.

Judging by his lack of leadership, his questionable athletic ability and his performance today, I certainly think Chris Redman should take over until we can draft or trade for a QB with "the right stuff" to lead this offense. Ryan clearly is not the answer now, nor will he be in the future.

Ryan has been struggling for sure, but with the protection he get's from his o-line I highly doubt any of are other QB's will do any better. If you watched today you could count the time he had over and over. More times then not he had 2 seconds before preasure was on him. O-line needs to be better to help our QB out.

What about the play-calling?? I wonder if Mike Mularkey has ever heard of a screen pass? Or a draw play?? I don't recall him ever running either play no matter how bad the rush has gotten. But for that matter, I don't recall Mularkey ever doing ANYTHING the least bit intelligent as far as calling any play which would fool a defense or putting together a creative overall offensive game plan which would actually be able to exploit the weaknesses and tendencies of any defense the Falcons would be facing.

But yeah, on a sadder note, the Falcon O-line couldn't hold off a bunch of third-string high school players, much less professional defensive lineman and linebackers.

Edited by PokerSteve

The pathetic performance of Matt Ryan today just underscores the simple fact that making him a number-one pick and counting on him to be "the face of the franchise" for Atlanta was a horrible mistake by the Falcon's brass.

Ryan is not great when he has all day to sit in the pocket and throw; when he's under even the slightest bit of pressure, he either freezes up and gets sacked, dumps the ball off for a 1-yard gain or throws an interception. The guy is now in his third year and I swear he looks worse every week instead of better.

Judging by his lack of leadership, his questionable athletic ability and his performance today, I certainly think Chris Redman should take over until we can draft or trade for a QB with "the right stuff" to lead this offense. Ryan clearly is not the answer now, nor will he be in the future.

I think without a doubt, this was the most ignorant post of the day. Poker steve, you have one ball the size of a pea and the other one is just a little bitty one! Have a clue ya troll~biggrin.gif

Edited by HASHBROWN3