How important is this win over the Eagles to you?

I realize we have had games that have tested our legitimacy as a contender recently, but i really feel that this eagles team is more than just another 3-2 team. Obviously after last years debacle in the dome i hear all the talk about our team on a revenge course. I definitely understand that as much as anybody else here. But i have to tell you guys Eagles fans are just as much of a pain in my rear as the saints fans. For the last 10 years (now i am being very vague with that estimation) the eagles have been the team through which every other team had to go thru to get to the Superbowl if not nfc championship.

My question is this: Do you guys at all feel the same???? Its just that ive looked at the eagles for so long with (in a moment of honesty) a lil bit of envy. Its the consistency year in and out that earns you real respect in this league. The Falcons are REALLY ACTUALLY SERIOUSLY on the cusp of this here. I just really want to look back on this game and feel convinced that the Falcons straight ROSE UP!!!! and imposed their will on the eagles.

On top of all this i really really hate the Eagles. I have SOOOOOOOOOO many friends that are eagles fans that have had the upper hand for soooo long. HERE'S TO ALL THAT CHANGING OUR WAY GUYS AND GALS!!!!!! THIS IS REAL!!!

Aside from our division games, especially the saints, I want us to beat philly more than any other team.

Reasons:

1. I hate all Philly teams

2. I hate Philly fans

3. They have whooped us pretty bad lately and dominate our head to head record.

4. Last year in the dome I was straight up embarrassed when vick took the field and ran up the score against a wounded falcons team. And the chanting... Wow just gross and emabrassed on so many levels.

5. I hate vick for the way he was lazy and his off-feild issues. He could have been the greatest of all-time, IMO, but didn't study or put in the work.

I would have loved to have beat the eagles with vick starting. I won't doubt if he enters the game. Either way reid deserves a beat down for his actions ladt year against falcon nation.

LET'S GO FALCONS!!!! LET'S GET PHISICAL AS **** AND PUNCH THEM IN THE MOTHER ******* MOUTH FOR 60 MIN!!! NO MERCY!!!!!!!!

I think what they did to us last year will have been echoed through the Locker room all week and we will be well prepared for the Iggles.I think we'll give it to them but i think the result will be closer than everyone wants it to be.On a personal level I hope it is close and we grind them down and beat them up like we did to the Saints and the Browns I like it how we win these battles of attrition I think in the end its character building and it shows that we have alot more heart than alot of other teams out there.

If we lose this week it will validate the OVERRATED claims we've been listening to for weeks.

If we're TRULY going to be a good team in the NFC, we win this game.

If we don't, then we're just like the rest of the NFC- either mediocre or garbage.

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

If we lose this week it will validate the OVERRATED claims we've been listening to for weeks.

If we don't, then we're just like the rest of the NFC- either mediocre or garbage.

I agree with most but Philly is not an easy place to win.But I'm still confident we'll get it done.

Aside from our division games, especially the saints, I want us to beat philly more than any other team.

Reasons:

1. I hate all Philly teams

2. I hate Philly fans

3. They have whooped us pretty bad lately and dominate our head to head record.

4. Last year in the dome I was straight up embarrassed when vick took the field and ran up the score against a wounded falcons team. And the chanting... Wow just gross and emabrassed on so many levels.

5. I hate vick for the way he was lazy and his off-feild issues. He could have been the greatest of all-time, IMO, but didn't study or put in the work.

I would have loved to have beat the eagles with vick starting. I won't doubt if he enters the game. Either way reid deserves a beat down for his actions ladt year against falcon nation.

LET'S GO FALCONS!!!! LET'S GET PHISICAL AS **** AND PUNCH THEM IN THE MOTHER ******* MOUTH FOR 60 MIN!!! NO MERCY!!!!!!!!

I Feel exactly the same why. NO MERCY FOR THESE MUTHA****AS!!!!!! I WANT TO HEAR COMPLETE SILIENTLESS TOMORROW!!!!! I WANT THAT STADIUM SO QUIET YOU CAN HEAR A MOUSE PISS ON COTTON!!!!! HOPEFULLY 41-0 FALCONS WIN!!!!! GO FALCONS!!!!!!

To me this is the most important game since N.O. This will show whether all the hype is for real. The falcons have 4 wins but 3 of them were against opponents that aren't that good right now. If they can beat an Eagles team that is playing pretty good right now that would solidify how good they really are this season IMO

To me this is the most important game since N.O. This will show whether all the hype is for real. The falcons have 4 wins but 3 of them were against opponents that aren't that good right now. If they can beat an Eagles team that is playing pretty good right now that would solidify how good they really are this season IMO

+1 But we need to smack them in the mouth while they are eating a Philly cheesesteak and make those mutha****as eat it off the ground with ants covered all over the sandwich. :lol:

Edited by The Birds are the truth

I dont think those teams we beat were all that bad. The Eagles arent bad either, but they already have an excuse built in: thier LT is out injured to go along with thier already decimated offensive line, they're missing thier DT too, Sean McCoy is playing with injured ribs, and thier newfound dog-killing savior has a broken wee-wee.

We need to win this game for sure.

It should be our rushing game pounding thier butts and our defense keeping them off the field.

They have every excuse to lose but we have none.

This is exactly what everyone was saying before the New Orleans game.

I don't think this game has even close to the impact that the NO game had in validating us as a good team. This is why the "haters" spend so much time trying to convince the world that we didn't "win" the New Orleans game - but were handed it. Doesn't matter that we dominated the game until that point. Doesn't matter that a fluke landing of the ball hit DeCoud and practically handed New Orleans a TD to allow them to tie. Doesn't matter that after they missed the Field Goal - we still had to drive the ball down the field and earn our win - we were handed the game and did not win it according to the "haters" - and therefore, the validation everyone spoke of was nullified.

Regardless of how we win this game - the same thing will be done. If we beat them down 65-0, then all that will be said is that we were lucky because Vick wasn't in the game, the LT was out, McCoy has broken ribs.

We don't win this game to validate ourselves to the world - because haters are going to hate.

We win this game because we can - it's FUBU baby - FOR US BY US!

No matter how much I would love to see us go to Philly and pluck their feathers in their home stadium. This is not a must win game for us! And the teams that we have beat so far are not push overs regardless of what their records are. Arizona just beat the Saints, and the 49ers were desperate for a win and brought everything they had, and the Browns are loaded in talent. Philly hasn't won a game on their home field so you can exspect an all out war today, but don't worry too much about it. I like this match up! Philly can't stop the run and they can't pass protect. We will be 5-1 after the game today. And yes" win or loose we are for real. The road to the Super Bowl this season "goes thru the GA Dome" (As I have said before this season ever started, and I will say it again) WE WILL BE THE #1 SEED IN THE NFC...

Another reason: 2008 when we played in Philly and they were punting the ball back to us with a chance for Matty to engineer one of his famous game winning drives, but the punt bounced up as Jennings jumped out of the way and the ref ruled it touched him even though it clearly did not. We had no timeouts left and it was barely over 2 mins, so no booth replay.

No doubt in my mind the refs stole that game (and consquentially NFC South/home field advantage in playoffs) from us.

Pretty important. I want the Falcons to kick the ever-loving SH** out of the Eagles. I don't care if they are injured or not. Butter Whale Andy Reid didn't pull any punches when we were hurt last year. I want Mike Smith to do the same thing right back at him.

I read a tweet where Gonzalez said (paraphrasing) "yeah we remember last year, but this is a new year... we're focusing, not revenge." That wasn't exactly what he said, but that was the gist of it.

I don't share the same sentiments. I want the Falcons to jam it down their throats, even if we are up by three scores. Let Redman run a wildcat and do some disco button hook slant pattern. Let Ovie Mughelli run it in like the fridge, and then sexually molest half the Eagles defense when under the pile (I think that would be a double score for Ovie).

I want them embarrassed.

I don't like the team.

I don't like Vick.

I don't like Andy Reid.

I don't like their city.

I didn't like Dalton/Williams/Kruk grungy mullets that looked like wigs grown from Tom Selleck's taint.

I don't like cream cheese.

I don't like cheesesteaks.

I don't like Ben Franklin.

I don't like the Phillies/Flyers/76ers with Charles Barkley (also a dogfighter).

I don't like brotherly love.

I don't like the liberty bell.

I don't like movies about AIDS with stupid Bruce Springsteen soundtracks and Antonio Banderas dabbing ointment on Tom Hanks nipple lesions.

I don't like movies about a ******** Italian guy hitting meat, hitting on a chick that looks like Justin Bieber without sleep for 5 days, or hitting the ON button on a stupid robot that wants to get it on with Paulie.

I don't like Philadelphia fans. I see them every year at the Braves games; they are the most obnoxious fans in the world and they pride themselves on being pricks at games. They are the quintessential reason why people despise drunks at sporting events. But in their small brains, that equivocates to being "passionate about your team..." right up until the puke on a kid.

I do like watching Philadelphia fans be disappointed though. It would be nice to see them get stomped today in football, and then lose game 2 of the NLCS and be scared out of their mind that they aren't going to make the World Series. Cause their basketball team stinks and they won't do jack squat this year. Maybe their Flyers can go to the Stanley Cup again, in Cinderella fashion, and get nut-punted by the Blackhawks again.

(Yeah, that's how I REALLY feel)

Anyone that says this isn't a must win game, is huffing spray paint. Every NFC win, especially road wins are huge come end of the season.

But this game is even more than that. It's personal. When that Cheez-Whiz filled ball of a flab, Andy Reid went out of his way to embarrass our injury riddled team last season, he deserves nothing more than our unadulterated hate. Anyone wearing green deserves nothing more than absolute decimation. We need to hurt them, and hurt them bad.

This is about our dignity, this is about closing the door on Michael Vick. This is about avenging Arthur Blank and putting the league on notice. These aren't the Falcons of old.

This game is as important as any game we play this season. I'd say even more.

In my opinion, the most important game of the season. This is the measuring stick. Philly has been a consistent playoff team for years, like Pittsburgh and New England. These are the games that really show where the franchise is.

A win, is a step forward to the next level in the NFL: The perennial contender

A loss means they are not there yet. Might need a year or two to solidify the roster in terms of talent and depth.

This franchise will reach that stage. If not today, in the near futur

I dont think those teams we beat were all that bad. The Eagles arent bad either, but they already have an excuse built in: thier LT is out injured to go along with thier already decimated offensive line, they're missing thier DT too, Sean McCoy is playing with injured ribs, and thier newfound dog-killing savior has a broken wee-wee.

We need to win this game for sure.

It should be our rushing game pounding their butts and our defense keeping them off the field.

They have every excuse to lose but we have none.

This is the thing about the Eagles, Pittsburgh, and New England.

They don't make excuses for injuries.

The next guy comes in and does his job and they seem to win even with injuries.

This is why these teams are at the next level. They have built enough depth on their teams to sustain injuries and thrive.

This is the level that Atlanta needs to reach....then on to the Superbowl!!

We'll find out today where this team is at.

Pretty important. I want the Falcons to kick the ever-loving SH** out of the Eagles. I don't care if they are injured or not. Butter Whale Andy Reid didn't pull any punches when we were hurt last year. I want Mike Smith to do the same thing right back at him.

I read a tweet where Gonzalez said (paraphrasing) "yeah we remember last year, but this is a new year... we're focusing, not revenge." That wasn't exactly what he said, but that was the gist of it.

I don't share the same sentiments. I want the Falcons to jam it down their throats, even if we are up by three scores. Let Redman run a wildcat and do some disco button hook slant pattern. Let Ovie Mughelli run it in like the fridge, and then sexually molest half the Eagles defense when under the pile (I think that would be a double score for Ovie).

I want them embarrassed.

I don't like the team.

I don't like Vick.

I don't like Andy Reid.

I don't like their city.

I didn't like Dalton/Williams/Kruk grungy mullets that looked like wigs grown from Tom Selleck's taint.

I don't like cream cheese.

I don't like cheesesteaks.

I don't like Ben Franklin.

I don't like the Phillies/Flyers/76ers with Charles Barkley (also a dogfighter).

I don't like brotherly love.

I don't like the liberty bell.

I don't like movies about AIDS with stupid Bruce Springsteen soundtracks and Antonio Banderas dabbing ointment on Tom Hanks nipple lesions.

I don't like movies about a ******** Italian guy hitting meat, hitting on a chick that looks like Justin Bieber without sleep for 5 days, or hitting the ON button on a stupid robot that wants to get it on with Paulie.

I don't like Philadelphia fans. I see them every year at the Braves games; they are the most obnoxious fans in the world and they pride themselves on being pricks at games. They are the quintessential reason why people despise drunks at sporting events. But in their small brains, that equivocates to being "passionate about your team..." right up until the puke on a kid.

I do like watching Philadelphia fans be disappointed though. It would be nice to see them get stomped today in football, and then lose game 2 of the NLCS and be scared out of their mind that they aren't going to make the World Series. Cause their basketball team stinks and they won't do jack squat this year. Maybe their Flyers can go to the Stanley Cup again, in Cinderella fashion, and get nut-punted by the Blackhawks again.

(Yeah, that's how I REALLY feel)

you forgot rocky balboa :lol: