Aurburn vs. Arkansas Game Thread

Testasparo

It was clearly intent to cause injury because the ball was gone, he knew it. He does it almost every game. No difference between what Fairley does and diving at a quarterback's knee after the pass is gone.

Give me a break dude there is a HUGE difference between taking someone to the ground and diving at a knee and you know it.

Give me a break dude there is a HUGE difference between taking someone to the ground and diving at a knee and you know it.

He didn't "take him to the ground". He could have easily "taken him to the ground", but instead he twisted to the side and came down with his entire weight on top of Mallett, after the ball was gone and he knew it. There's absolutely no difference, unless you think a concussion or broken ribs are somehow less serious than a knee injury. If it was just one time, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. Fairley does it repeatedly so there's no doubt in my mind.

millejb, this has been something i just don't understand.. you have athletes on that side of the ball. are you guys hurting for depth still? playing young guys? do you have an idea of why they have not played very well this year?

You've got me man, we have arguably the best DC in Auburns history as HC I do want to see what we do when we get guys like Rose and Roberson in but it is UGLY right now and has been all year, it doesn't help that we are facing possibly the best offense we will see all season but even then this should not end up a BBall score, man if we had half of a defense we would be good man real good. That being said... we dont

Auburn - 44

Arkansas - 43

GOOD OLE FASHION SEC FOOTBALL! :wacko:

SEC is turning into the Big 12. I don't know if it's defenses getting worse or offenses getting better, but we're seeing more and more track meet games.

Edited by CalDawg

SEC is turning into the Big 12. I don't know if it's defenses getting worse or offenses getting better, but we're seeing more and more track meet games.

It's the fact that SEC teams have finally accepted the spread offenses.

All those years of stupid people saying stupid things like "the spread offense won't work in the SEC." That offense will work in ANY CONFERENCE, as long as you have the players to run it. Now that there are more teams in the SEC running the spread offense than just Florida, you're going to see a lot more track meets.

It's the fact that SEC teams have finally accepted the spread offenses.

All those years of stupid people saying stupid things like "the spread offense won't work in the SEC." That offense will work in ANY CONFERENCE, as long as you have the players to run it. Now that there are more teams in the SEC running the spread offense than just Florida, you're going to see a lot more track meets.

I think that's part of it, but not the entire story, IMO. I'm seeing a lot of shaky defense against every kind of formation. Bad tackling, bad pass defense. Maybe it's just that the offensive coaching has gotten better for the league as a whole. Personally, I liked it better when the defenses were dominant.

I think that's part of it, but not the entire story, IMO. I'm seeing a lot of shaky defense against every kind of formation. Bad tackling, bad pass defense. Maybe it's just that the offensive coaching has gotten better for the league as a whole. Personally, I liked it better when the defenses were dominant.

Well I'd rather watch a 60-43 game than watch a 16-14 game. Call me new school. I have no interest in being bored for 2 and a half hours.

Offense >>> Defense

We're not supposed to say that though. That's one of the major lies that football fans are supposed to portray.

Edited by Testasparo

I only got to see the second half of the game, but good try Wilson. I feel a little comfort knowing that when Mallett leaves, Wilson can take over. Our defense... Yea, I'll just stop with that. Special teams, they're special alright. Sigh. Out of all the other SEC teams, I have the least amount of animosity towards Auburn. Good game ya'll, I really hope to see an Auburn South Carolina rematch in Atlanta now that we're clearly out of it.

I only got to see the second half of the game, but good try Wilson. I feel a little comfort knowing that when Mallett leaves, Wilson can take over. Our defense... Yea, I'll just stop with that. Special teams, they're special alright. Sigh. Out of all the other SEC teams, I have the least amount of animosity towards Auburn. Good game ya'll, I really hope to see an Auburn South Carolina rematch in Atlanta now that we're clearly out of it.

Are defense is bad but that doesn't take anything away from Wilson the kid balled man.