Vandy vs Georgia - Game Thread

Carter

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game today! Props to CTG and the defense for pitching a shutout, yes it was against Vandy, but it was a solid effort against a better-than-usual Vandy team. Offense had a few wrinkles at the beginning, but it looks like everything got ironed out. I'm hoping we can come out and play this well next week against a tricky Kentucky team that gave Auburn a hard time.

Good game today! Props to CTG and the defense for pitching a shutout, yes it was against Vandy, but it was a solid effort against a better-than-usual Vandy team. Offense had a few wrinkles at the beginning, but it looks like everything got ironed out. I'm hoping we can come out and play this well next week against a tricky Kentucky team that gave Auburn a hard time.

I hope we play better than this against Kentucky. We don't need a slow start on the road with dropped passes. Second half looked great, but we can't count on UK to dig themselves in hole early.

Holy crap!! That was a bad decision to throw there but Durham made an awesome grab in triple coverage!

Nah man....you know only A.J. gets triple coverage....Vandy must of had six DBs in the game. Not a bad game for the "future Walgreens Assistant Manager": 4 catches; 112 yards; 1 TD; 28 ypc...LOL. Meanwhile the second coming weighed in with: 3 catches; 64 yards; 1 TD; 21 ypc.....I guess Kris put down A.J.'s jockstrap "that he couldn't hold" long enough to have a better day. Go Dawgs!

Nah man....you know only A.J. gets triple coverage....Vandy must of had six DBs in the game. Not a bad game for the "future Walgreens Assistant Manager": 4 catches; 112 yards; 1 TD; 28 ypc...LOL. Meanwhile the second coming weighed in with: 3 catches; 64 yards; 1 TD; 21 ypc.....I guess Kris put down A.J.'s jockstrap "that he couldn't hold" long enough to have a better day. Go Dawgs!

Now that you have gotten your weekly "Black guy bad/white guy good" post out of the way, you can go back to doing whatever it is you do on a normal day. My guess is burning crosses.

Yeah Vandy must have had six DBs in at the time. But really, these are the kind of games that Durham is capable of, simply with AJ on the field. AJ also missed out on another touchdown on a toss-up play that should have been reviewed. Also, about 50 of those 112 yards came on 1 play on a pump-fake by Murray deep to Durham, and you can make the same argument about that blown-coverage YAC TD play by Green. We all know Green is better than Durham, but you should probably drop the whole "need to promote Durham's stats" because some people take it the wrong way. Oh yeah, how did your boy Hillis do against the Falcons' D last week? :P

Edited by RedandBlack4Life!

Yeah Vandy must have had six DBs in at the time. But really these are the games that Durham is capable of, simply with AJ on the field. AJ also missed out on another touchdown on a toss-up play that should have been reviewed. Also, about 50 of those 112 yards came on 1 play on a pump-fake by Murray deep to Durham, and you can make the same argument about that blown-coverage YAC TD play by Green. We all know Green is better than Durham, but you should probably drop the whole "need to promote Durham's stats" because some people take it the wrong way. Oh yeah, how did your boy Hillis do against the Falcons' D last week? :P

The fact that he changed his profile pic to Jordan Shipley should provide you your answer.

My guess is next week, after Jordan Shipley doesn't do anything, he'll change it to a different white guy, maybe Brian Finnergahan.

Edited by Testasparo

Wow what a great day. I am extra crispy (forgot the sunscreen). Anyways slow start, refs stunk (what does it take for a facemask penalty to be called on the opposition), our wideouts were being held all first half, and we were in total control from the very beginning to the very end. It is great to get a shutout and this team continues to improve. We can't start slow next week in lexington, but the team knows that as do the coaches.

Some comments on the game from my vantage point: Aaron Murray took some hits he needs to not take, but thankfully he is okay. Aaron was something. I really loved his progressions. One of his best plays was the throw away at the end of the first half when he was out of the pocket. A very mature and smart decision. Aaron's ability to throw to a spot before the wideout has even made his move happened a lot today. He really has a lot of confidence in our wideouts and it showed.

Ealey really ran hard and had some great blocks as well. I saw him take on at least 3 times blitzers and stopped them in their tracks. Carlton running outside (imagine that bobo) and it was very effect. I love his burst and it was great to see him get that TD.

I msg'd ransack while at the game. I was furious what the cbs and safeties were getting away with by the refs. They were holding our wideouts all the 1st half. It's one thing to miss call after call in vandy's favor, but it's another to make sure our guys can run their dang routes without blatant holds. I was surprised that aj's jersey wasn't torn from all the jersey the defenders had.

This is now back to back games with no turnovers for our team. That is huge. We also had that great commings takeaway. He left his guy and he made a terrific read on that.

What can you say about this defense. It continues to improve. Yes it was vandy, but i don't care who you play in the bcs it's very tough to shut a team out. Also we held their rbs in check and they were averaging over 5 yards per carry. It was great to get in the 2nd stringers and scout team guys in the 4th quarter and they were able to hold on for that shutout. I know at halftime it was 18 yards rushing and 58 yards passing and that is a great half for any defense.

This team is getting more and more confidence. The oline is playing better as is the defense. We have a huge game in lexington against a kentucky team that will be jacked up. Enjoy this dominating win UGA fans.

I msg'd ransack while at the game. I was furious what the cbs and safeties were getting away with by the refs. They were holding our wideouts all the 1st half. It's one thing to miss call after call in vandy's favor, but it's another to make sure our guys can run their dang routes without blatant holds. I was surprised that aj's jersey wasn't torn from all the jersey the defenders had.

Maybe we should get AJ some of the old tearaway jerseys. At least the refs would look foolish when the dbs were left with a piece of jersey in their hands.

I also liked the way they used Carlton Thomas. I don't see why we haven't gotten him into space more. Have we forgotten how to run a screen play?

Finally back in town to catch my first game. I ran into Zack DeBell before the game, he and Sterling Bailey were headed towards the game. DeBell is a very nice and polite kid, dude is going to have to put on some serious weight to play on the line. Redshirt for sure.

Few things that caught my eye

Pre-game warm ups were just flat and uninspired. Receivers were dropping passes, QB's were overthrowing and throwing behind receivers. I believe that carried into the first quarter. We cannot afford any slow starts, we can get away with it against Vandy but that will bite us in the azz against better competition.

Refs stunk. Simple as that. I hate to call out the refs but their performance was unacceptable.

Murray needs to learn to slide, specially after you have gotten the first down. I don't want to handcuff the kid but he needs to stop taking some big hits. Dude took a big hit that got the attention of the crowd.

I like the performance from the D today. It was Vandy but a shutout is still impressive. I believe that they are getting better every week.

Good performance overall and looking forward to next week and getting to .500

GO DAWGS