How different would Africa Be?

Forever Julian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMfZktiZIrQ

I, for one, believe that many of the problems that face Africa today come out of an inferiority complex. Many Africans from day one are taught they are not as good as other people. This manifests itself in ways of antisocial behavior, that trickles all the way up to leadership. The beginning of this in Christian Africa is with portrayals of Jesus. They view him as so perfect, that to be like him is a wonderful thing. Value is placed on the european features that are portrayed as representing Jesus, and since most of them do not look like this they begin to subconsciously look down on themselves. :(

Many missionary groups try to switch Jesus to look like the area they go to, but outside of pre-European Christian areas like Ethiopia/Eritrea they are not accepted widely. That video posted above is from an Ethiopian missionary video...interesting to say the least. -_-

Julian, I understand that Jesus was a Hebrew. I am European(Irish)and Native American, yet I do not have an inferiority complex because I do not share the same features as Jesus.

Well....By being Irish you look close enough to the status Quo to where you wouldnt feel belittled by the European depiction of Jesus. This is really just a hypothesis, as I did not grow up a Christian in Africa.

I thought Africa was predominantly Muslin, no?

Well...Technically yes, but by Africa I was speaking of the exploited of the subsaharan mostly christian areas. The huge muslim number comes from the extreme west, and north, who dont really experience the same problems(Problems of their own) as the christians

^^^Your thoughts on the oldest Christian nation in Africa

Perhaps people, who think like you, are also to blame for the mindset? :mellow:

Of course anyone from Africa will say that the big bad Europeans are the reason why Africa is still basicly a third world continent. Try somewhere else. Maybe moving up on the worlds food chain was never a priority for most Africans. They were happy right where they were. Not necessarily a bad thing if living a simple life makes you happy.

Of course anyone from Africa will say that the big bad Europeans are the reason why Africa is still basicly a third world continent. Try somewhere else. Maybe moving up on the worlds food chain was never a priority for most Africans. They were happy right where they were. Not necessarily a bad thing if living a simple life makes you happy.

Moving up was a priority...Why do you think so many of the misguided souls sold rival tribes to the europeans? For fun?

Moving up was a priority...Why do you think so many of the misguided souls sold rival tribes to the europeans? For fun?

Slavery has been forever a part of world history and has involved every race. My American roots trace back to a Jamestown indentured servant. Many Americans can also trace their ancestry back to indentured sevitude because most didnt have the money to make the voyage. Heck your people got a free ride (thats a joke by the way). Can you name me a race that has never had to experience the horrors of slavery? What makes you think that the African brand of misery is far superior to all others?

Slavery has been forever a part of world history and has involved every race. My American roots trace back to a Jamestown indentured servant. Many Americans can also trace their ancestry back to indentured sevitude because most didnt have the money to make the voyage. Heck your people got a free ride (thats a joke by the way). Can you name me a race that has never had to experience the horrors of slavery? What makes you think that the African brand of misery is far superior to all others?

Umm...My people never had to endure slavery for one.

Indentured servitude was not slavery in the least sense. These people had a choice, and they decided to travel to america. These people were also able to maintain their culture(as seen in the north where many of these European immigrants came). What ability did the African brought to America have to maintain their culture? The misery continues when you have africans in the south who have NO IDEA who they are other than a culture forced on them by people, who frankly hate them.

Umm...My people never had to endure slavery for one.

Indentured servitude was not slavery in the least sense. These people had a choice, and they decided to travel to america. These people were also able to maintain their culture(as seen in the north where many of these European immigrants came). What ability did the African brought to America have to maintain their culture? The misery continues when you have africans in the south who have NO IDEA who they are other than a culture forced on them by people, who frankly hate them.

So who`s fault is it and does it really matter now? We are where we are at this point and its time to move on. I could care 2 hoots about Ireland and they probably feel the same about me. If you go back to wherever your family roots are from the people there would look at you in about the same regards they would look at me. You are where you are and you can either go around pouting about it or make the dream yours.

So who`s fault is it and does it really matter now? We are where we are at this point and its time to move on. I could care 2 hoots about Ireland and they probably feel the same about me. If you go back to wherever your family roots are from the people there would look at you in about the same regards they would look at me. You are where you are and you can either go around pouting about it or make the dream yours.

Good question...Whose fault is it?

Do you really believe the African Americans, who return to to places like Ghana and southern Nigeria are viewed the exact same as you would if you visited? Do you really believe an African American who goes to Ireland(Terribly racist place) whould be viewed the same as you? I can certainly assure that they do not

^^You would not experience the same things as this man back in Ireland, and you KNOW you wouldnt.

I do agree people can make whatever they want of their situation, but understanding "WHY" things are remains very important.

Edited by Forever Julian

Do you really believe an African American who goes to Ireland(Terribly racist place) whould be viewed the same as you?

What in heck are you talking about? I never said you and I would have similar experiences in Ireland. I said they care as much about me as I care about them. Is Ireland racist? I have never been there and dont care. I will go out on a limb and say your country of ancestry doesnt care about you either (unless you are sending them money).

What in heck are you talking about? I never said you and I would have similar experiences in Ireland. I said they care as much about me as I care about them. Is Ireland racist? I have never been there and dont care. I will go out on a limb and say your country of ancestry doesnt care about you either (unless you are sending them money).

Im talking about this.

I really dont believe any country Cares about you. I was born here, and I still am viewed as an outsider(and always will unless I magically lose the melanin in my skin)

I think colonial, and later corporate, exploitation of people and resources has a lot more to do with Africa's problems than some kind of inferiority complex. Many African nations are still under the thumb of petty dictators who are kept in power by corporate interests.

Theres a lot of blame to go around. The chinese are taking over now in Africa for the most part.