The Movie Quote Thread

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^

Meryl Streep - Bridges of Madison County.

Next quote:

"Tell you the truth, the truck is, uh, you know, the most important thing for me. I... I don't really... it doesn't matter if I, uh, become the champion or anything. That's, that's not the most important... I... I need this truck."

Ahhhhhh....Going down memory lane with a childhood fav about an armwrestling trucker Over the Top

next...

(Character 1) Hey! Man I'm glad you picked me up, man. I was about to freeze my balls off!

(Character 2) Man, I was hopin' you didn't have no balls.

Paranormal Activity

Next quote:

"You fargin sneaky bastage. I'm gonna take your dwork. I'm gonna nail it to the wall. I'm gonna crush your boils in a meat grinder. I'm gonna cut offa you arms. I'm gonna shove 'em up your icehole. Dirty son-a-ma-batches. My own club!"

Ahhhhhh....Going down memory lane with a childhood fav about an armwrestling trucker Over the Top

next...

(Character 1) Hey! Man I'm glad you picked me up, man. I was about to freeze my balls off!

(Character 2) Man, I was hopin' you didn't have no balls.

Let's get things back in order, shall we?

1. Statick: My kids (now grown) used to laught their azzes off when they watched this movie: Johnny Dangerously--a Michael Keaton classic.

Johnnydangrously.jpg

2. Goal Line D: Classic Cheech and Chong film: Up in Smoke.

cheech-and-chong-up-in-smoke.jpg

Next Quote:

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone. "

Let's get things back in order, shall we?

1. Statick: My kids (now grown) used to laught their azzes off when they watched this movie: Johnny Dangerously--a Michael Keaton classic.

Johnnydangrously.jpg

2. Goal Line D: Classic Cheech and Chong film: Up in Smoke.

cheech-and-chong-up-in-smoke.jpg

Next Quote:

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone. "

Loved this great Eastwood film!! B)

gran-torino-FL-poster-full.jpg

NEXT

Jerry, boy, why do you have to paint everything so black? Suppose you got hit by a truck. Suppose the stock market crashes. Suppose Mary Pickford divorces Douglas Fairbanks. Suppose the Dodgers leave Brooklyn!

Loved this great Eastwood film!! cool.gif

NEXT

Jerry, boy, why do you have to paint everything so black? Suppose you got hit by a truck. Suppose the stock market crashes. Suppose Mary Pickford divorces Douglas Fairbanks. Suppose the Dodgers leave Brooklyn!

Nice one--really an oldie but goodie: Some Like it Hot! Marilyn Monroe never looked better, except in Playboy!

Some_like_it_hot_1024.jpg

Here's another toss up:

"Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"

I think I want to try this one out.

The answer is The Treasure of the Sierra Madre and Blazing Saddles

the next one

You know, I used to be just like you. Now...I'm washin' lettuce. Soon I'll be on fries, then the grill. In a year or two, I'll be assitant manager...and that's when the big bucks start rollin' in.

I think I want to try this one out.

The answer is The Treasure of the Sierra Madre and Blazing Saddles

the next one

You know, I used to be just like you. Now...I'm washin' lettuce. Soon I'll be on fries, then the grill. In a year or two, I'll be assitant manager...and that's when the big bucks start rollin' in.

Louis Anderson in Coming To America

Next quote:

"Cut the horse****, son. I've got their disciplinary files right here. Who dropped a whole truckload of fizzies into the swim meet? Who delivered the medical school cadavers to the alumni dinner? Every Halloween, the trees are filled with underwear. Every spring, the toilets explode."

Louis Anderson in Coming To America

Next quote:

"Cut the horse****, son. I've got their disciplinary files right here. Who dropped a whole truckload of fizzies into the swim meet? Who delivered the medical school cadavers to the alumni dinner? Every Halloween, the trees are filled with underwear. Every spring, the toilets explode."

Animal House

Next Quote

I'm so terrific I have my own toll-free number: 1-800-UNBELIEVABLE.

LMAO at the Adventures of Ford Fairlane! Nice pick!

734-1.jpg

Next Quote, an easy one just to get some others involved:

"And finally, a wafer thin mint.."

I gave this one some time but it looks like nobody knows this one. Great line from Monty Python's The Meaning of Life.

After feasting himself in the most outrageously gross way all it takes is one a "paper thin" mint to make the fat man explode. :lol::lol:

NEXT

Freddy, as a younger man, I was a sculptor, a painter, and a musician. There was just one problem: I wasn't very good. As a matter of fact, I was dreadful. I finally came to the frustrating conclusion that I had taste and style, but not talent. I knew my limitations. We all have our limitations, Freddy. Fortunately, I discovered that taste and style were commodities that people desired. Freddy, what I am saying is: know your limitations. You are a moron.

Edited by Goal Line D

NEXT

Freddy, as a younger man, I was a sculptor, a painter, and a musician. There was just one problem: I wasn't very good. As a matter of fact, I was dreadful. I finally came to the frustrating conclusion that I had taste and style, but not talent. I knew my limitations. We all have our limitations, Freddy. Fortunately, I discovered that taste and style were commodities that people desired. Freddy, what I am saying is: know your limitations. You are a moron.

My son used to watch this over and over...to this day he smiles whenever someone mentions "Oklahoma".

dirty_rotten_scoundrels_xlg.jpg

Next quote:

"I am fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason"

Next quote:

"I am fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason"

Another awesome classic 1951's The Day the Earth Stood Still

day3.jpg

Next:

Here's a quote from a fairly recent film that I just love!

I was thinking about death and all. About seeing how you're gonna die. I mean, on one hand, if dying was all you thought about, it could kind of screw you up. But it could kind of help you, couldn't it? Because you'd know that everything else you can survive.

Big Fish

"You know there are whores, right? All of 'em. I'm not just talking about the little skanks that hang out around your dorm, or frat, or whatever. But actually every woman you've ever known, and every woman you'll ever meet - Mom, Grandma, Aunt Ellen. The fact that they're related to us doesn't make any difference. Cause at the end of the day, given the right set of events, they *will* **** you over. For the sole reason that they have a ******, and they can."

^^^^^^same movie

Rocky: What are you doing tomorrow night?

Caleb Sinclaire: I don't know Rock, and you asking me out on a date?

Rocky: It's Thanksgiving, you dumb ****. What are you doing?

Caleb Sinclaire: Oh. Nothing, I don't celebrate the fact that my ancestors exterminated a race of people.

OK...had to cheat and look this one up, since nobody else got it either: it's from a movie I have not seen: The Vicious Kind.

next qutoe:

"The rifle is the first weapon you learn how to use, because it lets you keep your distance from the client. The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. "

Big Fish

"You know there are whores, right? All of 'em. I'm not just talking about the little skanks that hang out around your dorm, or frat, or whatever. But actually every woman you've ever known, and every woman you'll ever meet - Mom, Grandma, Aunt Ellen. The fact that they're related to us doesn't make any difference. Cause at the end of the day, given the right set of events, they *will* **** you over. For the sole reason that they have a ******, and they can."

I had no idea and seeing that nobody else did I cheated to get this ball rolling again.

The Vicious Kind

NEXT

Now go home and get your fu**in' shinebox.

OK...had to cheat and look this one up, since nobody else got it either: it's from a movie I have not seen: The Vicious Kind.

next qutoe:

"The rifle is the first weapon you learn how to use, because it lets you keep your distance from the client. The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. "

HA HA HA!!! Funny how we had the same idea at the SAME time!

Just saw this movie recently for the millionth time.

The Professional

My quote is above...

Edited by Goal Line D

BUMPAGE....

Just saw this movie recently for the millionth time.

The Professional

NEXT

Now go home and get your fu**in' shinebox.

Goodfellas

Next quote:

"Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK?! You think I'm qualified?"

One of the Lethal Weapons

Next Quote:

"I'm afraid I'm gonna have to pull rank on you. I didn't want to have to do this. I'm with the Mattress Police. There are no tags on these mattresses."

LOL!!! Great one!

Fletch

Next...

One night I'm gonna come to you, inside of your house, wherever you're sleeping, and I'm gonna cut your throat.

LOL!!! Great one!

Fletch

Next...

One night I'm gonna come to you, inside of your house, wherever you're sleeping, and I'm gonna cut your throat.

There Will Be Blood

Next quote:

"Throw up your hands/Stick out your tush/Hands on your hips/Give 'em a push/You'll be surprised, you're doing the French Mistake! Voila!"

The great Mel Brooks classic... B)

Blazing Saddles

NEXT

Don't die, I'll get you water. Stay there. Don't move, I'll get you water. Don't die until later.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

NEXT

"I've been thinking about this. If I'm here and you're here, doesn't that make it our time? And certainly there's nothing wrong with a little feast on our time."