The Movie Quote Thread

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always enjoy trying to guess movie quotes. Obv, some people are going to cheat, but try and figure it out first! Whoever get it correct, will put up the next quote.

I will start:

Just for a hint, The decade was the 70's

"You're gonna eat lightnin' and you're gonna crap thunder!"

Rocky

Next quote:

"I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur, I see a big light blur."

Rocky

Next quote:

"I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur, I see a big light blur."

Han Solo in Return of the Jedi. Making the trip out to the sarlac or whatever that creature in the desert was called.

Next quote:

"You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."

Han Solo in Return of the Jedi. Making the trip out to the sarlac or whatever that creature in the desert was called.

Next quote:

"You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."

The Good The Bad and The Ugly.

Next:

"Ah come on dam it! Melted chocolate in the dash, that really ups the resell value!"

Ok, Ill take it. The Outlaw Josey Whales.

Next Quote:

"There comes a time, thief, when the jewels cease to sparkle, when the gold loses its luster, when the throne room becomes a prison, and all that is left is a father's love for his child."

I never would have gotten that , lol.

Okay for this one..... Catch me if you can?

Ok, Ill take it. The Outlaw Josey Whales.

Next Quote:

"There comes a time, thief, when the jewels cease to sparkle, when the gold loses its luster, when the throne room becomes a prison, and all that is left is a father's love for his child."

Max Von Sydow as that king in Conan the Barbarian

Next quote:

"I ran out of gas! I got a flat tire! I didn't have change for cab fare! I lost my tux at the cleaners! I locked my keys in the car! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!"

Max Von Sydow as that king in Conan the Barbarian

Next quote:

"I ran out of gas! I got a flat tire! I didn't have change for cab fare! I lost my tux at the cleaners! I locked my keys in the car! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!"

The Blues Brothers

Next one:

"Oh Porterhouse, look at the wax build up on these shoes I want that wax stripped off there, then I want them creamed and buffed with a fine chamois, and I want them now. Chop chop."

The Blues Brothers

Next one:

"Oh Porterhouse, look at the wax build up on these shoes I want that wax stripped off there, then I want them creamed and buffed with a fine chamois, and I want them now. Chop chop."

Caddyshack

Here's another:

"Today is Christmas! There will be a magic show at zero-nine-thirty! Chaplain Charlie will tell you about how the free world will conquer Communism with the aid of God and a few marines! God has a hard-on for marines because we kill everything we see! He plays His games, we play ours! To show our appreciation for so much power, we keep heaven packed with fresh souls! God was here before the Marine Corps! So you can give your heart to Jesus, but your *** belongs to the Corps! Do you ladies understand?"

Caddyshack

Here's another:

"Today is Christmas! There will be a magic show at zero-nine-thirty! Chaplain Charlie will tell you about how the free world will conquer Communism with the aid of God and a few marines! God has a hard-on for marines because we kill everything we see! He plays His games, we play ours! To show our appreciation for so much power, we keep heaven packed with fresh souls! God was here before the Marine Corps! So you can give your heart to Jesus, but your *** belongs to the Corps! Do you ladies understand?"

is it full metal jacket?

You are disturbing the peaceful mood I'm in. You are destroying the frame of mind I'm in. You are disturbing my peaceful frame of mind

Here is one I love:

We Have a Saying in My Country: The Coyote of the Desert Likes to Eat the Heart of the Young and the Blood Drips Down to His Children for Breakfast Lunch and Dinner and Only the Ribs Will Be Broken

Anchorman! Right?

Next:

Sir, we know why you're out here. God knows, I agree with you. But like you, I swore to defend this country against all enemies, foreign, sir... and domestic. General, we've spilled the same blood in the same mud. And you know ******** well I can't give that order.

Anchorman! Right?

Next:

Sir, we know why you're out here. God knows, I agree with you. But like you, I swore to defend this country against all enemies, foreign, sir... and domestic. General, we've spilled the same blood in the same mud. And you know ******** well I can't give that order.

The Rock. I can't remember the actors name who said it, but he was speaking to Ed Harris' character.

"you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you."

The Rock. I can't remember the actors name who said it, but he was speaking to Ed Harris' character.

"you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you."

I know that one!

Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

Here's one of my favorites. Kinda easy:

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.