Our Defense Is Awesome.....

I often wonder if we'll ever find a "Rod Coleman" type....can Jerry turn into that?

I kinda see the "Rod Coleman" type in Babs..a disruptive UT that makes plays behind the line of scrimmage,a great pass rusher,and tough against the run.

This is the best I can EVER remember feeling about the course of our defense..Id say definitely heading in the right direction. :)

i think we are finlly benfiting from depth! Which is what the good teams always have cause injuries are going to happen. I think this D is still 2 or 3 players away from being dominate, but we are well on our way for sure.

+1

The depth on our defense is just awesome compared to what we had in town the last 10 years. I also agree that we are just 1-2 playmakers away from being dominant on defense. We have so many young players that I am pretty confident that someone is stepping up to star status by the end of this or next season.

Good Morning Sir....

See post #34...LOL!

D.Robinson is. He comes up and makes plays/tackles. I'm actually thinking that the Falcons only get better from here, D. Rob included. But I'm most impressed with our Safeties and LB's....

;)

ok i see that now...I can honestly say that he is a better tackler than any corner we have had in the past, but as far as making play's, im a little skeptical on that.

ok i see that now...I can honestly say that he is a better tackler than any corner we have had in the past, but as far as making play's, im a little skeptical on that.

He's tackling, which is a good thing. But a "CB" with his reputation and skills actually solidifies this defense. I'm much more comfortable with him than I thought that I would be prior to the start of the regular season.

^_^

He's tackling, which is a good thing. But a "CB" with his reputation and skills actually solidifies this defense. I'm much more comfortable with him than I thought that I would be prior to the start of the regular season.

^_^

yea i understand and im on board with his "rep" from houston, but remember how everyone said the same thing about jason elam when he started missing makeable FG's????People where saying, look at his resume, look at what he did in the past. What they did in the past is just that. The past. I do agree though, all he can do is hopefully get better, but like a poster said in my thread, the best corner on our team right now is brent grimes.

All stats aside, I'm just glad we have a defense that will flat-out hit the opponents in the mouth. We've gone from a bend but not break defense to a break and bend the offense defense. Take note of some of the opposing team players that come up limp after a Falcon defender brings the funk. It's tough out there for opposing offenses.

Speaking for our opponents the defense needs to stop abusing QBs. Starting with the Cardinals the Falcons defense has been playing a live action Whack-A-Mole game with the QBs. Cardinals switched QB, Saints QB is walking with a limp, 49ers QB is ready to be switch and the Browns will be starting their 3rd string QB this week. This inhumanity on the opposition needs to cease. How do you expect the other teams to win when our defense is fu.king up their QBs?

:angry::angry::lol:

Speaking for our opponents the defense needs to stop abusing QBs. Starting with the Cardinals the Falcons defense has been playing a live action Whack-A-Mole game with the QBs. Cardinals switched QB, Saints QB is walking with a limp, 49ers QB is ready to be switch and the Browns will be starting their 3rd string QB this week. This inhumanity on the opposition needs to cease. How do you expect the other teams to win when our defense is fu.king up their QBs?

:angry::angry::lol:

Let's put a Philly QB on that list next.

Perfect example about our D: It was 2nd and 5 SF had the ball on our 38 yard line. The score was 14-13 San Francisco was leading and it was 4:14 left in the 4th quarter. Can someone say crucial time.

On 2nd down Alex Smith hands the ball off to Frank Gore - Thomas DeCoud flies in from his safety position to stop an obvious first down by tackling Gore for a 1-yard gain.

Its 3rd and 4 - Alex Smith is in the shotgun. The ball is hiked. William Moore blitzes from his safety position and like a bat out of hades he streaks through the middle of the San Francisco offensive line to trip Alex Smith and causes him to throw the ball away. He was called for an intentional grounding. This pushes the 49ers out of field goal range.

That's the kind of defense we have this year. Our offense has been average the defense has been stellar. We can give two of our wins to the defense (San Fran - Cleveland). Biermann single-handedly made the play that sealed the win. We are looking impressive on defense.

Perfect example about our D: It was 2nd and 5 SF had the ball on our 38 yard line. The score was 14-13 San Francisco was leading and it was 4:14 left in the 4th quarter. Can someone say crucial time.

On 2nd down Alex Smith hands the ball off to Frank Gore - Thomas DeCoud flies in from his safety position to stop an obvious first down by tackling Gore for a 1-yard gain.

Its 3rd and 4 - Alex Smith is in the shotgun. The ball is hiked. William Moore blitzes from his safety position and like a bat out of hades he streaks through the middle of the San Francisco offensive line to trip Alex Smith and causes him to throw the ball away. He was called for an intentional grounding. This pushes the 49ers out of field goal range.

That's the kind of defense we have this year. Our offense has been average the defense has been stellar. We can give two of our wins to the defense (San Fran - Cleveland). Biermann single-handedly made the play that sealed the win. We are looking impressive on defense.

I remember the play that Moore blitzed on....I thought he was gonna kill Smith..but I love that kind of play from our Safeties...DeCoud hit people so hard that he loses his helmet quite often.

:ph34r: