Congrats Gamecock fans ...

CrimsonKat

Your kids have played an outstanding game. I said before the season started that this game concerned me more than any other game on the schedule given the back-to-back-back games against quality opponents and the home environment at South Carolina.

I have a feeling that we may see each other again in Atlanta. Good luck the rest of the way.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Auburn is a very dangerous team and there's still a lot of season left.

Certainly not packing my bags yet for Atlanta. Auburn has a fine team. And Arkansas and LSU are still in the mix too.

Also, Florida will have plenty to say in deciding the East.

I wonder if something is going on at Bama. This team just doesn't seem the same. Defense took a massive step back from last year, and guys who were good last year simply aren't playing as well

Something is going on at Alabama -- they finally lost a game. No way they were going through the schedule this year undefeated. They just played back-to-back-to-back games against ranked SEC teams and began their stretch of playing teams coming off of byes to prepare for them.

I expect Saban to have the team focused and correct some of the defensive lapses. This is a young team who should improve as the year goes on.

LSU is not going to be a factor imo... but if Arkansas beats Auburn and AU beats Bama, then Petrino is gonna be saying Pig Sooey in Atlanta again.

He may decide not to make that trip though... he might get shot. :lol:

Disagree. LSU will be a major factor. The SEC West is wide open and I can see LSU winning it. Auburn, Arkansas, Alabama, and LSU are all in this and it's going to be fun to watch.

It really pains me that I'm in Saudi Arabia right now. There's no way for me to watch these games, whether it's Gamecocks or Falcons games.

Even my current internet connection is capped, so I can't watch online.

Gotta download the USC-Alabama game in the future.

womfalcs3 -- I hope you are able to watch this game when you return. South Carolina played an outstanding game.

the west is up for grabs while the east is a two team race.

is that other team in the east florida? lolol south carolina has a big game with kentucky after that huge win. that won't be easy. florida also has to play msu which as we discussed is very tough. uga is not out of this sec east race and will have a say as well.

is that other team in the east florida? lolol south carolina has a big game with kentucky after that huge win. that won't be easy. florida also has to play msu which as we discussed is very tough. uga is not out of this sec east race and will have a say as well.

We never lose to Kentucky (knock on wood), but it usually is always a close game. We could win out and be 11-1, not saying it will happen but we have the team to pull it off. Just feels great to be a gamecock right now.

Your kids have played an outstanding game. I said before the season started that this game concerned me more than any other game on the schedule given the back-to-back-back games against quality opponents and the home environment at South Carolina.

I have a feeling that we may see each other again in Atlanta. Good luck the rest of the way.

Nice CrimsonKat, and I echo the sentiments. It's good to see fans like the SC fans enjoy their moment and moments like that. Of course I wish it was not against my No. 1 ranked Bama (formerly No. 1), but I feel good for SC. and the potential they have for this season.

(my thoughts about Bama are in a new post above).

Joe

We never lose to Kentucky (knock on wood), but it usually is always a close game. We could win out and be 11-1, not saying it will happen but we have the team to pull it off. Just feels great to be a gamecock right now.

you also have never had this type of win and then follow up with a road game at kentucky.. this kentucky team is a lot better than their record.. they gave that team auburn who beat sc all they could handle and lost by 3.. you also even on down years for tennessee you lose to tennesse. you play arkansas as well and florida at florida. should be interesting to see how the gamecocks respond after this huge win.

Thanks for the congrats from the Bama fans here. Never had this particular feeling before so I don't even know how to describe it even if I tried. Yesterday was a very strange game to watch and I was happy we did not implode on the 3 to 4 major occasions that could have caused that.

Big week to avoid a hangover. It's just like tennis; once you break your opponents serve(beating Bama) you have to close the deal by winning the next one after that. And Kentcuky is a very solid and opportunistic team. Coach will have to bring them in Monday and make them come back to reality. Carolina controls its' own destiny right now, but so does UF at this moment and there are tons of games to play before this thing is settled.

But again, thank everyone for the kind words, especially the Alabama fans who have shown real class in this thread.

There have been more than a few games at USC since Spurrier got there where they have played great in the first half only to slip up and find a way to lose in the second half. The most painful is that bowl game against Missouri a few years back. But there was also another painful game against UT in Knoxville where the Gamecocks blew a good halftime lead.

I was worried about that happening again yesterday especially with the way the 2nd half started. But the Gamecocks never lost their head and just stayed focused and made the plays when they needed to to win the game. It was easily the most complete victory the Gamecocks have had under Spurrier and for that matter the biggest win in school history.

Now as has been mentioned before the task is to avoid the letdown against Kentucky.

well never say never. you guys didn't respond after that big win and kentucky was much better than your fans thought.. check out your boards. your fans had zero respect for kentucky.