Is Roddy White the best player on our team?

Quinton Ayers

I've basically been reflecting on the season so far, and I hate to say I've seen Roddy develop over these past 4 weeks into an elite player, because I feel he's been at that level for some time now, but **** SON! He seems like he is on a completely other level than everyone else on the team. So, just for some fun talk, does anyone else think that he's the best player (in comparison with the rest of the league) on our team? And if not, anyone else care to make a case for anybody else? I'm kinda' curious to see who the general consensus feels is our best player on the team.

After last weeks game and the way he's played all year, I would say yes also. This year alone he's made some remarkable catches. Even without the strip i would still yes. The catch fading to the sideline was perfect. There was a thread earlier this week asking if he was top 5. Some people had Marshall and Austin ahead of him. No effin way, I would only put A Johnson and Fitz ahead of him right now. Marshall has never had a year with better stats than him and somehow he's better. I don't think so. He has become a complete player and I'm really glad we signed him long term. So as of right now I would say yes. Without him we're prob 1-3.

As of today, yes. He has matured so much since his rookie year. If Petrino did one good thing, it was make Roddy White into a good receiver. After that, Roddy has bought into everything and has been the ultimate team player. When you combine his hustle, blocking, catching and running, he is the most complete WR in the game today. Roddy might not make the highlight reel every week, but he does what the team asks him to do. If Roddy keeps this up, there is no reason he shouldn't be considered as one of the best WR's to play the game.

As of today, yes. He has matured so much since his rookie year. If Petrino did one good thing, it was make Roddy White into a good receiver. After that, Roddy has bought into everything and has been the ultimate team player. When you combine his hustle, blocking, catching and running, he is the most complete WR in the game today. Roddy might not make the highlight reel every week, but he does what the team asks him to do. If Roddy keeps this up, there is no reason he shouldn't be considered as one of the best WR's to play the game.

Agreed If you didn't hear his interview on Jim Rome last week, see if you can find it. It basically says that he used to think he could just show up and be great and now he realizes that work and preparation are the difference between good and great. He doesn't get enough cred for his blocking. Some of those blocks are the diff between a nice gain and a touchdown. If he keeps this up, I might have to buy his jersey.