Singletary on not shaking hands after the game "I chose not to for a number of reasons

I was taught to take a loss like a man. I lost respect for Singletary for him diving out without the standard post game handshake.

First and foremost, I am a man of tradition, but to sit back like the rest of you who have no knowledge of what it is to be a head coach in the NFL and say what you would have done after a loss such as that one is asinine

Second, You never respected a man if you lose respect for him because he didnt shake somebones hand after a game, you guys sound like a bunch of females

Third, I was taught as a competitor to hate losing,yea take it but hate it, and just like the rest of you I can only imagine...... what it felt like to lose the way they did after feeling like they finally had it turned around

THE NINERS ARE NOT A BAD TEAM. 0-4 IS NOT

REFLECTIVE OF THEIR PLAY. THEY COULD EASILY BE 4-0,

BUT SINGLETARY IS IN THEIR WAY. IF MIKE WOULD

LIGHTEN UP ON THESE GUYS, THEY COULD GO PLACES.

THEY'RE 0-4, WHY CAN'T MIKE SEE THAT THE IRON

HAND APPROACH AIN'T CUTTING IT.

Wow, asinine comments all through out this post

Ive watched 2 of the 49ers games, and to say the Singletary is responsible for some of the blatant errors by the players is hilarious

I guess the approach isnt working, I wonder if Vernon Davis would say the same thing?

I can think of a few possible reasons...

1.This game was to be payback for the worst drubbing in Candlestick history last year.Didn't happen.

2.For the second year in a row,his team had a pick stripped by White.And recovered by Dahl.This time it cost him a game.

3.He sees Atlanta as dirty players because the OL plays to the whistle.Dahl is to Singletary as Khan is to Kirk.

4.Atlanta didn't hire him.Thank God.

5.He sees in Atlanta the team he wants his Niners to become.Smart hard-working lunch pail types of high character who never give up and play to the end.

6.Sour grapes.

Bottom line-He often lets his emotions get the better of him.Not a good thing in a Head Coach.

Agree on every point. My guess is that the Niners came into Atlanta playing harder, with more intensity, and with more downright mean-ness than they've played all year long. It showed. They handed us our hats for a while.

But they still lost. I can imagine how much that stings.

Wow, asinine comments all through out this post

Ive watched 2 of the 49ers games, and to say the Singletary is responsible for some of the blatant errors by the players is hilarious

I guess the approach isnt working, I wonder if Vernon Davis would say the same thing?

Is "asinine" the only word that stuck with you from your 10th grade education?

To say that a coach has no hand in the discipline of his players is asinine.

Weird. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt but... :wacko:

My only guess is that he thinks we ran up the score on them last year in addition to a heartbreaking loss in a disappointing start to the season. He's always walking around with that tough guy act, holding people accountable, etc. Man up then...

Can't lie...he lost cool points with me on this one.

I can think of a few possible reasons...

1.This game was to be payback for the worst drubbing in Candlestick history last year.Didn't happen.

2.For the second year in a row,his team had a pick stripped by White.And recovered by Dahl.This time it cost him a game.

3.He sees Atlanta as dirty players because the OL plays to the whistle.Dahl is to Singletary as Khan is to Kirk.

4.Atlanta didn't hire him.Thank God.

5.He sees in Atlanta the team he wants his Niners to become.Smart hard-working lunch pail types of high character who never give up and play to the end.

6.Sour grapes.

Bottom line-He often lets his emotions get the better of him.Not a good thing in a Head Coach.

Another one I didn't think about.

First and foremost, I am a man of tradition, but to sit back like the rest of you who have no knowledge of what it is to be a head coach in the NFL and say what you would have done after a loss such as that one is asinine

Second, You never respected a man if you lose respect for him because he didnt shake somebones hand after a game, you guys sound like a bunch of females

Third, I was taught as a competitor to hate losing,yea take it but hate it, and just like the rest of you I can only imagine...... what it felt like to lose the way they did after feeling like they finally had it turned around

We can ALWAYS count on you. :wacko:

Edited by m2Falcons

Is "asinine" the only word that stuck with you from your 10th grade education?

To say that a coach has no hand in the discipline of his players is asinine.

There is no need to argue with those who have no knowledge of whats been happening to the 49ers, Ive watched the games

At some point its the players fault, I played football, You cant blame the coach for fumbling the ball

No where in any game of football can you blame the coach for fumbling the ball

You also cant blame the coach for throwing interceptions, Penalties maybe, but turnovers in my opinion are never the coaches fault

By the way that is the only word I remember........it applies to so many things in life, especially to things in which comments are made about a situation without knowledge

There is no need to argue with those who have no knowledge of whats been happening to the 49ers, Ive watched the games

At some point its the players fault, I played football, You cant blame the coach for fumbling the ball

You also cant blame the coach for throwing interceptions, Penalties maybe, but turnovers in my opinion are never the coaches fault

By the way that is the only word I remember........it applies to so many things in life, especially to things in which comments are made about a situation without knowledge

Could you blame a coach for one of his veteran cornerbacks not knowing that you should carry the game-winning interception a little more securely -- not like a loaf of bread? Maybe. Maybe not.

You can teach ball security, even if the coaches from your vaunted playing days didn't. I didn't play football past the age of 10, but I played baseball through high school. Even in HS my coaches insisted that we all catch pop-fly's with two hands. And I'm sure any good coach would insist that his football players carry the ball high and tight with two hands on it.

Mike Singletary is married. You need to find another.

If you know anything about Mike S.. You can kinda understand why he didn't shake hands..There isn't 10 players to ever play the game that was more intense than he was

This is exactly why rarely do "hall of fame players' make good coaches. They are so intense and focused that becomes hard to be flexible enough to reach a whole team. They expect every player to be as self motivated as they were.**** I like Singletary loved watching him play,but obviously he is so intense he can't handle losing.

I never understood why some people don´t shake hands after the game. In most cases it was their own team that screwed up, it wasn´t our fault or Mike Smiths fault that the 49ers missed more than one chance to win the game.

Sorry to see Mike Singletary losing control over himself and his team. His attitude and intensity helped him as a player and probably as a positional coach but it doesn´t serve him well as a HC.

Could you blame a coach for one of his veteran cornerbacks not knowing that you should carry the game-winning interception a little more securely -- not like a loaf of bread? Maybe. Maybe not.

You can teach ball security, even if the coaches from your vaunted playing days didn't. I didn't play football past the age of 10, but I played baseball through high school. Even in HS my coaches insisted that we all catch pop-fly's with two hands. And I'm sure any good coach would insist that his football players carry the ball high and tight with two hands on it.

This goes beyond the game losing fumble, im not referring to just that fumble, they have a surplus of fumbles from multiple players

Coaches in the nfl im sure dont have to take an entire day of practice and say "hey lets practice ball security"

This is the NFL, Ball security is not a matter of being taught, its a matter of focus, if the players dont focus on holding on to the football then its going to hit the carpet

When they "taught" Tiki how to hold the ball, it wasnt a matter of him being taught, he just needed to find a way to focus on holding on to the football and if that meant holding it a different way then so be it

Which is the responsibility of multiple ASSISTANT COACHES, NOT MIKE SINGLETARY alone

To this day I havent seen a running back carry the ball like Tiki did

Edited by the baptist

I was taught to take a loss like a man. I lost respect for Singletary for him diving out without the standard post game handshake.

Yeah I'm pretty sure little pee-wee guys hate shaking hands after they lose a game too, but they say "good game" and shake everyone's hand anyway. No excuse for being a sore loser. You don't have to like it, but you can't be a baby about it either.

Mike "blow hard" Smith is not liked or respected around the league. His blow hard antics on the sideline have become a source of contention, the guy simply acts like a dingleberry all the time and other respectable HC's don't like it.

I don't blame Mike Singeltary at all and would have done the same thing

Where exactly do you get this information for these claims? The only thing I have heard anyone get on Smitty about was that sideline incident last year. But the team is winning and was winning last year and the year before. So, if they don't respect winning...they're losers anyway.