NLDS: Braves vs Giants

Seriously though, I'm being a realist here. We basically came limping(literally) into the playoffs. Our hitting has been nowhere to be found over the past few weeks. We have no fire right now. Those are some bad combinations right there...

Personally, I had very low expectations coming into the playoffs. I was wondering how we even managed to get in with the way we have been playing lately.

And then having to face freaking Lincecum and then Cain? And even if we advance, we would most likely face Hallady, Oswalt, and Hamels(assuming the Phils advance too). Get outta here with that stuff. We ain't goin NOWHERE if our hitting doesn't pick it up.

The flame is not even flickering right now. No fire. No passion. No heart. We are flat lining right now.

Like I said, I have low expectations. The Braves are not going to ruin my week like they sometimes do when they lose.

Man, I hope they show some kind of life, but I'm not betting on it.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im done with this ***** **** *** team cya later. timmy wasnt even good and they made him look like cy young.

This is what bothers me most. We helped Timmy out A LOT. We primarily swung at a TON of balls. We were swinging and missing at straight 91 mph fastballs on a tee. We made Timmy look much better than he was out there (altho he did pitch well).

Our offense isn't even serviceable, and EVEN if Chipper and Prado can make a successful return next season, our offense will need a TON of infusion of talent to rise to even "good." Wren better be busy this offseason.

I'd hate for us to have a top 3 ERA in the game again, yet cannot do a dang thing in the playoffs because of an inept offense.

Crazy thing is...I think we win this series. I still hate TP. Gonzalez has been awful and Ankiel is a black hole as far as the lineup goes.

if win win the next 2 games ill turn back on the tv for a score update. it just amazes me how bad ankiel is yet bobby just keeps trotting him out there expecting different results. at least melky looks better when getting out, but the braves desperately need 2 solid ofs next year

This is what bothers me most. We helped Timmy out A LOT. We primarily swung at a TON of balls. We were swinging and missing at straight 91 mph fastballs on a tee. We made Timmy look much better than he was out there (altho he did pitch well).

Our offense isn't even serviceable, and EVEN if Chipper and Prado can make a successful return next season, our offense will need a TON of infusion of talent to rise to even "good." Wren better be busy this offseason.

I'd hate for us to have a top 3 ERA in the game again, yet cannot do a dang thing in the playoffs because of an inept offense.

timmy did enough to get the braves to chase, guess im cooling off now after getting so into the game. wren has a ton to do in the offseason. hopefully jj comes back and be dominant again and minor or beachy does some good next year

If Chipper can come back healthy and show signs in ST that he can still hit and field, he's in. He leaves on his own terms I think. Prado will be fine too. He's too much of a gamer...

And for the love of Babe Ruth, we HAAAAAAAAAAAAVE to get a center fielder or left fielder that can rake. I personally love Jayson Werth. He can play all three OF positions, and if we get rid of McLouth, he'll be in CF with possibly Infante or some other FA out in LF. And may I add, Werth rakes in Turner Field...

What I want...

CF - Jayson Werth

LF - Not sure yet...Infante? FA?

RF - Heyward

2B - Prado

SS - Gonzalez(mixed emotions about this one). I think we'll pick up the option unless Wren trades for somebody. Nobody in the FA market jumps out to me...

3B - Jones

1B - Freeman

C - McCann

That's not even remotely true. Do we need help? Yes. Do we need an almost complete overhaul of our offense? **** no. Heyward will only get better, and McCann will be coming into his prime years then, as will Prado. We've only got a couple of real question marks on the team, and we'll have plenty of opportunities to shore them up (CF, LF).

If Chipper can come back healthy and show signs in ST that he can still hit and field, he's in. He leaves on his own terms I think. Prado will be fine too. He's too much of a gamer...

And for the love of Babe Ruth, we HAAAAAAAAAAAAVE to get a center fielder or left fielder that can rake. I personally love Jayson Werth. He can play all three OF positions, and if we get rid of McLouth, he'll be in CF with possibly Infante or some other FA out in LF. And may I add, Werth rakes in Turner Field...

What I want...

CF - Jayson Werth

LF - Not sure yet...Infante? FA?

RF - Heyward

2B - Prado

SS - Gonzalez(mixed emotions about this one). I think we'll pick up the option unless Wren trades for somebody. Nobody in the FA market jumps out to me...

3B - Jones

1B - Freeman

C - McCann

Werth isn't an option if he's looking for Matt Holliday money. Like the guy, but is worth nowhere near that much.

If Bobby wants to make people happy in a hurry, then he should never put Ankiel in the starting line-up again.

Even if he does well, it won't make up for how bad he is and his .210/strikeout every three atbats performance.

I know it sucks that we lost and I'm venting here, but I'm tired of paying money to see Rick Ankiel start. If he is starting on Sunday, I will boo that man.

Werth isn't an option if he's looking for Matt Holliday money. Like the guy, but is worth nowhere near that much.

dude is good, but talk to him and try to negotiate a deal. we need that power cf so bad its not even funny. i say keep lee right now because i dont think ff is ready yet. work him in slowly then dump lee in july for something that we will need. keep gonzo nothing any better then him right now unless another trade happens. i love our pitching, but i seriously think we should dump lowe for money reason.