as a season ticket holder ive notice that dome is always quiet until they show the rise up clip. we should be loud from time the ball is kick til the end of the game

Last game they showed the Rise Up clip right before they ran out of the tunnel and it seemed work quite well. Things got quiet when the 49'ers were up 14-0 after the blocked punt for a TD. Whatever works though. I knew when the NFL agreed to allow teams to encourage the noise again it would help the Falcons 12th man. Man they can pipe in that stupid Chicken Dance song as long as it help the stadium get loud on defense.

Actually it should only be loud in the dome when the opposing offense is on the field, and after a great play is made. But not while our offense is on the field. That's a major problem I saw being there Sunday, fans didn't know when to shut up.

It needs to be silent when the offense is getting the calls in, it needs to be insane when the opposing offense is trying to get a play in, and even louder when they're trying to audible, or motion.

Sunday we forced the 9ers to take a timeout on their first play from scrimmage, and didn't force a single error after that.

You're right. I noticed the DJ even had to remind the crowd that "this is not a library" at least once and maybe twice. We have had it rockin' in there at times and drawn several false start penalties in the past. No dice thus far though.

Edited by ol'_dirty2

It's tough to maintain that volume level. The NFL is a ball-control league. Even though they didn't score much, San Fran was moving the ball fairly well at least until they got onto our territory. They converted several big third downs. Getting really loud repeatedly on third down only to have the offense convert is what takes a crowd out of the game. A blocked punt for a TD is another way ;)

I agree, we need more consistent noise on defense. And it will come if we keep winning. But until we get more consistent 3 and outs, it's gonna be tough sledding getting the fans up repeatedly. Too many requests to "get loud" will eventually be like the boy who cried wolf. I think the PA crew did a good job balancing it out...running the message at the right time without overdoing it.

It's tough to maintain that volume level. The NFL is a ball-control league. Even though they didn't score much, San Fran was moving the ball fairly well at least until they got onto our territory. They converted several big third downs. Getting really loud repeatedly on third down only to have the offense convert is what takes a crowd out of the game. A blocked punt for a TD is another way ;)

I agree, we need more consistent noise on defense. And it will come if we keep winning. But until we get more consistent 3 and outs, it's gonna be tough sledding getting the fans up repeatedly. Too many requests to "get loud" will eventually be like the boy who cried wolf. I think the PA crew did a good job balancing it out...running the message at the right time without overdoing it.

That pretty much sums up the last home game and any home game prior because the crowd seems to lose it's enthusiasm when the other team keeps converting the 3rd downs. It starts to feel futile and next thing you know I'm the only person making noise in my section.

I leave each and every game thinking the fans around me probably think I'm an idiot. I almost never sit in the same seat as I like to buy tickets to each game and sell my season tickets. My tickets are row 11 in the upper level and I just like to be closer than that but I want to be a STH.

I jump up and down, cheer my *** off, and look around and have to tell the others around me to get up. They look at me like I'm stupid but I generally get others to their feet. (Maybe just so I'll shut up about it?)

Then I leave the game and sober up and start thinking what an idiot I most likely am to them. I bet they talk about me all the way home and then some. I look at like like I can make a difference in the game. And there have been many many times where I feel we (as fans) have made a huge difference.

Even my buddy just sits there on his rear end and says "go d" very quietly. I almost let him walk home after the 9ers game because he was too good to stand up.

"Defend The Dome" is what we should be doing. Not "Open The Door To The Opposing Team".

Get off your butts people!! Support our team!!

Excellent reply- ditto to everything! The 49ers, to their credit, converted a bunch of 3rd down plays and with an 0-3 team it kind of took the air out of some of the fans. I was proud of our fan noise but the 49ers came very prepared for the noise and was EXTREAMLY hungary for a win.