On a noise scale of 1 - 20, how loud do the Ga Dome gets?

college games will always be indefinitely louder than professional games.

the fanbase is 90% shiwasted, and screaming their lungs off every second of the game. At least.....that is how my 4 years @ App State went. We only had about 30,000 per game in the stadium (capacity of 26,000) but it was always a whole lot louder than any professional game i've seen.

I can only imagine how crazy an SEC game gets

The loudest it's ever been for an entire game was the Monday Night season opener against Philly where the pre-game fight broke out. 2005 I think. It was just deafening every time Philly had the ball.

The loudest I've ever heard it at any given moment was in the Division Playoff in 1998 against San Francisco, specifically right before kickoff. Also there was a play where the 49ers funbled and we ran it in and the refs called our TD back saying the ball was dead. I honestly thought the roof would collapse from the boos. The refs had to be terrified. Not a single call went against us the rest of the game.

The loudest game I ever heard at the Georgia Dome was the Super Bowl game between the Rams and Titans. Coming in second place, was the Georgia and Arkansas game a few years back...

To answer your question as it pertains to the falcons:

Preseason Games- 5 to 8

Rivalry Games- 13 to 15

Other Games- 8 to 13

I realize this is all a matter of opinion and I've been to quite a few college games and agree as a whole the fan base is better in sustaining noise but if you were at the Eagles MNF game a few years back or when the 49'ers were here during the playoffs in '98 you would know they would be hard to top.

Then again it's all opinion because in my observation over the years one person will say the place is quiet and someone else will says it's loud.

Oh...well I guess great ears think alike ;)

It is all opinion, but I've been to most every Falcon game since the place opened and imo those are the top two as well. I saw the Tennessee/LSU SEC game and really didn't think it was near as loud as either one of those.

The loudest game I ever went to was in FCS, home opener in 1990. First game "Back in Black" and Glanville's first game, against the Oilers who had just fired him. That day it would have been a 20.

Yep I was at that game as well and it was loud. I was at Glanville's last game in January 1994 against at the Dome. I was sitting in a suite and the dome was like a tomb. The loudest it got was when people were chanting for Glanville to be fired. His dog and pony show had ran its course and people were tired of the buffoon.

The loudest game I ever heard at the Georgia Dome was the Super Bowl game between the Rams and Titans. Coming in second place, was the Georgia and Arkansas game a few years back...

To answer your question as it pertains to the falcons:

Preseason Games- 5 to 8

Rivalry Games- 13 to 15

Other Games- 8 to 13

This is why we need us a good pick-em up song. Still going with DMX.

We got/forced ZERO false starts last sunday...may as well call it a 1. :angry:

That is true but the 12th man did get the 49rs to burn a time out in the 1st qtr. The PA was rocking about 100 db and the fans were great considering this was a non-division game against an 0-3 opponent.

I was at the 1998 divisional playoff game against the 49ers. THAT was beyond LOUD!

For anyone needing proof ...

Steve Young did an interview on ESPN Radio's Mike and Mike a couple years back. One of the questions they asked him was about playing on the road. They asked how loud it could get when he was trying to run the offense, if it was distracting and what was the loudest he ever experienced on the road.

Without even having to think about it, he immediately replied "the '98 playoff game in Atlanta". He went on to say that it was so loud that he was yelling in the huddle and they still could not hear the play. Said it had a huge impact on their play as he couldn't change anything when they got to the line.

I've heard people say that they could hear the crowd a couple blocks away when Jamal scored that diving touchdown.

God, that was a great season!

That same '98 game was the first time I ever heard "****'s Bells" played over a stadium PA. They played it before the opening kickoff...the 49ers were receiving. You know how they say that dogs can "smell fear"? The body language of the 49er receiving team...they were scared. You could sense it. The crowd was SOOOOO loud, and the Falcons had been pummeled by the 49ers for years. There was just a sense among the fans that this was our year and we were gonna get even for all those horrible defeats. The team AND the city weren't gonna be denied that day.

The game was truly headed for a blowout until that terrible reversed TD call by the refs. That kept them in the game and it ended 20-18. But it really wasn't that close. I have a feeling if the refs had spotted them 28 points we would've still found a way to win it.

I go to all the home games and I can't rate the noise cause I'm too busy screeeming my lil ole heart out everytime the D is on the field. Some of the fans that don't usually get into it were up and makin noise wit me bout mid 3rd qtr. Last year there were a couple saints fans sittin in front of me and my screemin n hollerin had them crouched down with their hands over their ears! LOL I can make some NOISE for my FALCONS. I busta move pretty good for an old gal too! :)

That same '98 game was the first time I ever heard "****'s Bells" played over a stadium PA. They played it before the opening kickoff...the 49ers were receiving. You know how they say that dogs can "smell fear"? The body language of the 49er receiving team...they were scared. You could sense it. The crowd was SOOOOO loud, and the Falcons had been pummeled by the 49ers for years. There was just a sense among the fans that this was our year and we were gonna get even for all those horrible defeats. The team AND the city weren't gonna be denied that day.

The game was truly headed for a blowout until that terrible reversed TD call by the refs. That kept them in the game and it ended 20-18. But it really wasn't that close. I have a feeling if the refs had spotted them 28 points we would've still found a way to win it.

I had been to a number of games before that since Fulton County and I tell you I got chills at how charged the fans were that day.

I remember I ran to the restroom really quick and my brother in law who is a bit of a jokester said when I came back Garrison Hearst broke his leg. I thought he was kidding until I saw for myself.

I had been to a number of games before that since Fulton County and I tell you I got chills at how charged the fans were that day.

I remember I ran to the restroom really quick and my brother in law who is a bit of a jokester said when I came back Garrison Hearst broke his leg. I thought he was kidding until I saw for myself.

Yeah I remember that year. I met Herst inside of the CNN Center hours before the game and told him we would appreciate it if he didn't play that day, and he just laughed. Man, I didn't know that he would end up with a broken leg that day. But yeah, that was a game to remember.

I was at the 1998 divisional playoff game against the 49ers. THAT was beyond LOUD!

Steve Young did an interview on ESPN Radio's Mike and Mike a couple years back. One of the questions they asked him was about playing on the road. They asked how loud it could get when he was trying to run the offense, if it was distracting and what was the loudest he ever experienced on the road.

Without even having to think about it, he immediately replied "the '98 playoff game in Atlanta". He went on to say that it was so loud that he was yelling in the huddle and they still could not hear the play. Said it had a huge impact on their play as he couldn't change anything when they got to the line.

I've heard people say that they could hear the crowd a couple blocks away when Jamal scored that diving touchdown.

This is exactly why the fans need to get behind their team when they play at home.

So with that said, just WIN, because with every WIN the Falcons will get closer to a "DOME FIELD ADVANTAGE"!

GO Falcons!

RISE UP 12th MAN!

I was at that game!! Glad to know we did our part as fans that day. :D

.......and yes it was LOUD!!!

When Elam kicked that field goal at the end of the 2008 game against Chicago - it was a 20. They could feel the rumbling in the Georgia Aquarium. They were doing the sound measurements then and it was off the charts.

During the playoff game in '98 against Frisco - it was a 20.

At the end of the '95 Christmas Eve game against Frisco - it was a 20.

During the playoff game in '04 against the Rams - it was a 20. In fact a few weeks before that - when we played Carolina in OT - it was a 20.

When we whupped up McNabb and there was the fight breaking out before the game - it was a 20.

There have been other games where it got loud - but those are the loudest I remember.