Now that we have completed the first quarter of the season, certain patterns are beginning to present themselves as far as who the contender and pretenders in the NFC are...right now, the Falcons are the number one seed in the NFC, and, from what I have seen, there really aren't any other teams (so far at least) who seem to measure up...

Packers...they looked good the first couple of weeks, but then they lost to the Bears, who were subsequently trampled (in the case of Jay Cutler, literally) by the Giants...so not as impressed with Packers as I was before...

Cowboys...lost their first two games, then defeated the Texans...but I am just not convinced that they are at the top of their game this year...and up until last season's win over the Eagles, Tony Romo had really struggled in the playoffs...just can't see them going all the way...

Bears...started 3-0, but they were seriously exposed this past Sunday night...surprised Cutler isn't still in the hospital...

Redskins...looked pretty good against the Eagles, but I don't think they are quite at the top level as of yet...

Giants...had a good win over the Bears, but Eli is too inconsistent as a QB, and they were not impressive in their two games the previous two weeks...

Eagles...had a better chance with Vick as QB, but now that he is out for awhile, they may struggle...

Vikings...started off slowly, will no doubt improve, but I just don't know if Favre can tolerate the grind of an entire NFL season at his age...they do have good weapons in Peterson and Shiancoe, but if Favre can't last the season, they are a trainwreck at the QB position other than him...

Buccaneers...much improved, but as game against Steelers showed, they have not yet reached the next level necessary to be a real contender...

Now as far as the Saints are concerned, I know that as a Saints fan, they haven't appeared as impressive as they did last season, but then again hardly any other team has either, and I am just keeping my fingers crossed that they will regain some semblance of last season's form.

Now, regarding the Falcons...3-1 record; lost only to the dominant Steelers, and then only in overtime...your team appears so far to be the best team in the NFC...and from what I have seen, there is no reason to think that will change...so how about it Falcons fans...possibly a third meeting this season between the Falcons and Saints for all the NFC marbles? It would show once and for all the high standard of football that is the NFC South and would be an epic matchup to boot!

Now that we have completed the first quarter of the season, certain patterns are beginning to present themselves as far as who the contender and pretenders in the NFC are...right now, the Falcons are the number one seed in the NFC, and, from what I have seen, there really aren't any other teams (so far at least) who seem to measure up...

Packers...they looked good the first couple of weeks, but then they lost to the Bears, who were subsequently trampled (in the case of Jay Cutler, literally) by the Giants...so not as impressed with Packers as I was before...

Cowboys...lost their first two games, then defeated the Texans...but I am just not convinced that they are at the top of their game this year...and up until last season's win over the Eagles, Tony Romo had really struggled in the playoffs...just can't see them going all the way...

Bears...started 3-0, but they were seriously exposed this past Sunday night...surprised Cutler isn't still in the hospital...

Redskins...looked pretty good against the Eagles, but I don't think they are quite at the top level as of yet...

Giants...had a good win over the Bears, but Eli is too inconsistent as a QB, and they were not impressive in their two games the previous two weeks...

Eagles...had a better chance with Vick as QB, but now that he is out for awhile, they may struggle...

Vikings...started off slowly, will no doubt improve, but I just don't know if Favre can tolerate the grind of an entire NFL season at his age...they do have good weapons in Peterson and Shiancoe, but if Favre can't last the season, they are a trainwreck at the QB position other than him...

Buccaneers...much improved, but as game against Steelers showed, they have not yet reached the next level necessary to be a real contender...

Now as far as the Saints are concerned, I know that as a Saints fan, they haven't appeared as impressive as they did last season, but then again hardly any other team has either, and I am just keeping my fingers crossed that they will regain some semblance of last season's form.

Now, regarding the Falcons...3-1 record; lost only to the dominant Steelers, and then only in overtime...your team appears so far to be the best team in the NFC...and from what I have seen, there is no reason to think that will change...so how about it Falcons fans...possibly a third meeting this season between the Falcons and Saints for all the NFC marbles? It would show once and for all the high standard of football that is the NFC South and would be an epic matchup to boot!

Saints fan here...have read this board for while but never posted...this is what i am hoping for. I think the game would be epic, and as much as y'all think we suck, i honestly believe the Falcons and Saints are the two best teams in the NFC and the winner would have an excellent shot of bringing home the Lombardi.

If the Saints ever get the running game back then it would be a blast. I think it shows how important Bush is not as an RB since he has only contributed to 15% or so in the past but more importantly as Brees safety valve in his dump off passes. Bush is also a return threat and the Falcons need to tighten things up really quick.

As for the Buc's they are certainly gaining momentum but I don't think they are ready to contend with the big boys yet.