everybody please lay off of Dunta Robinson

lju713

Just as I thought. The idiotic claim that coaches are planning to throw at Robinson more than Grimes is pure fantasy.

When all else fails, claim it's time to go somewhere. :lol:

This is not speculation: Teams are throwing at Dunta more than Grimes. That is easily measurable.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would assume coaches would want to throw toward Grimes more because of his size and playing time. Robinson is a veteran. They're both good corners. And Brent Grimes won't go a game against the saints without picking off Brees. Lol

But....is that what is happening?

What plays was he burnt on?

Try watching the 49ers game.

You don't have any kind of proof to suggest they are.

Well guess what SPARKY you don't have any proof to suggest that they aren't/ See that ball rolls both ways.

An My wife who is just learning football even said during the game that the 49ers seam to be going after him a lot because of his coverage.

I would hardly call any of that "burnt". The slant I'll have to look at again. The curls a few of them atleast are a product of the defensive calls. On atleast 2 of those curls he was in bail coverage which is what a corner is taught to do in a 3 deep or rolling 2 coverage when he has deep responsibility. Qharters also. Some of them are a product of Peterson or Spoon or Nicholas not getting to the flats, or being preoccupied with a back swinging out of the back field. Even if he was in cowboy coverage giving up a few curls and a slant would hardly constitute being burnt.

Just what we need a CB that people are blaming everyone else for his mistakes. Your right about the curls, but it sure keeps the drive alive. that maybe be all the other team needs to score even if a TD is score after the completed curl, he has to accept some of the responsibility because that completed curl kept the drive alive

I would hardly call any of that "burnt". The slant I'll have to look at again. The curls a few of them atleast are a product of the defensive calls. On atleast 2 of those curls he was in bail coverage which is what a corner is taught to do in a 3 deep or rolling 2 coverage when he has deep responsibility. Qharters also. Some of them are a product of Peterson or Spoon or Nicholas not getting to the flats, or being preoccupied with a back swinging out of the back field. Even if he was in cowboy coverage giving up a few curls and a slant would hardly constitute being burnt.

Well I never said Dunta was burnt....so.....cool. I just said he was being thrown at more than Brent. I don't even know why anyone would try and debate that. It's obvious.

Well guess what SPARKY you don't have any proof to suggest that they aren't/ See that ball rolls both ways.

An My wife who is just learning football even said during the game that the 49ers seam to be going after him a lot because of his coverage.

Just what we need a CB that people are blaming everyone else for his mistakes. Your right about the curls, but it sure keeps the drive alive. that maybe be all the other team needs to score even if a TD is score after the completed curl, he has to accept some of the responsibility because that completed curl kept the drive alive

So you're telling me that a defensive back in deep thirds coverage is supposed to stop a curl pass? Do you understand the concept of bail coverage?

Well I never said Dunta was burnt....so.....cool. I just said he was being thrown at more than Brent. I don't even know why anyone would try and debate that. It's obvious.

I wasn't saying you said he was burnt. You replied to a post where I was asking someone else what plays he was burnt on. Yes the throws were in his direction, but the may have been to the weak side of the coverage. Weak formation wise I mean.

So you're telling me that a defensive back in deep thirds coverage is supposed to stop a curl pass? Do you understand the concept of bail coverage?

There isn't a defense made that is designed for a CB to give up a 12 yard completion on 3rd and 8.

Well, except maybe prevent, and the Falcons weren't playing prevent in the 4th quarter.

Check it out, I don't want to get into Dunta bashing, because I think he is playing well enough and that's not what I want to do.

The only thing I have tried to do is defend a true statment I made. So please don't think that I am dogging him. Don't wanna.

He is playing very physical football, and he does a much better job on the wide receiver screens than Grimes, I will definitely give him that.

There isn't a defense made that is designed for a CB to give up a 12 yard completion on 3rd and 8.

Well, except maybe prevent, and the Falcons weren't playing prevent in the 4th quarter.

that is not a question that pertains to one play. It was a reply to someone telling me to watch the 49ers game to see him getting "burnt".

Edited by ru_serious

Check it out, I don't want to get into Dunta bashing, because I think he is playing well enough and that's not what I want to do.

The only thing I have tried to do is defend a true statment I made. So please don't think that I am dogging him. Don't wanna.

He is playing very physical football, and he does a much better job on the wide receiver screens than Grimes, I will definitely give him that.

I don't even know what statement you're talking about so you're taking that up with the wrong audience.

Do you know for a FACT that he was in that coverage. NO you don't so stop making excuses for him. He is being paid 22.5 million and sorry so far just not seeing him that much better then Owens or Grimes. In total tackles he has 4 more then Grimes and 5 more then Owens.

Grimes started same amount of games and Owens only started one. So either they are throwing more at him or are running sweeps or Screens passes more to his side. either way common sense says the are changeling him more. WONDER WHY!!!!

This is what happens when you have crappy coverage. He might not have given up the TD but his interference lead to the Score.

San Francisco's Delanie Walker is the tight end on the left. He ran up field, cut inside and then broke outside on an angle. Dunta Robinson got tangled up with Walker on his turn. Result: Robinson was called for pass interference. The 34-yard penalty was the 49ers' biggest play of the game. They scored five plays later to make the score 7-0.

Do you know for a FACT that he was in that coverage. NO you don't so stop making excuses for him. He is being paid 22.5 million and sorry so far just not seeing him that much better then Owens or Grimes. In total tackles he has 4 more then Grimes and 5 more then Owens.

Grimes started same amount of games and Owens only started one. So either they are throwing more at him or are running sweeps or Screens passes more to his side. either way common sense says the are changeling him more. WONDER WHY!!!!

This is what happens when you have crappy coverage. He might not have given up the TD but his interference lead to the Score.

San Francisco's Delanie Walker is the tight end on the left. He ran up field, cut inside and then broke outside on an angle. Dunta Robinson got tangled up with Walker on his turn. Result: Robinson was called for pass interference. The 34-yard penalty was the 49ers' biggest play of the game. They scored five plays later to make the score 7-0.

So you really think that was pass interference, or are you just using that to make your point? Do you know he was in man coverage? NO YOU DON'T. I'm not making exscuses for him. Just stating the fact that you know d1ck about what you are typing. You don't know if he was in man coverage or deep zone. You don't know what the linebackers responsibilities were on the play. Even if he was in man coverage so he gave up a couple of curls. Pull the panties out of your crack. It's not a video game. How many yards did Crabtree have for the game? How many points did their offense score?

Also if you would like to see a quick class on what bail coverage is try watching what the corner did on Matt's int in the Pitt game. Had we completed that pass would it have been the corner's responsibility?

Also at no point did I compare either of our corners. You got me mixed up with somebody else. I couldn't care less who is better. They are both on the Falcons.

your right those curls did and will keep drives alive. and when it became predictable that they would run a curl willy mo made the pick. and maybe he didnt have any help over the top on those plays.

if u read other threads he has been getting flamed like he has allowed a TD every defensive possession. Every corner in this league gets beaten.

Yeah, don't tell anyone but that scrub on the Patriots torched Revis Island like Atlanta in the Civil War...lol Revis hasn't even played since then :lol::lol::lol:

So you really think that was pass interference, or are you just using that to make your point? Do you know he was in man coverage? NO YOU DON'T. I'm not making exscuses for him. Just stating the fact that you know d1ck about what you are typing. You don't know if he was in man coverage or deep zone. You don't know what the linebackers responsibilities were on the play. Even if he was in man coverage so he gave up a couple of curls. Pull the panties out of your crack. It's not a video game. How many yards did Crabtree have for the game? How many points did their offense score?

Also if you would like to see a quick class on what bail coverage is try watching what the corner did on Matt's int in the Pitt game. Had we completed that pass would it have been the corner's responsibility?

Also at no point did I compare either of our corners. You got me mixed up with somebody else. I couldn't care less who is better. They are both on the Falcons.

WOW seriously you have a bad case of little boy love for him to attack me rather then address anything.

See it really don't matter if I though the pass interference or not since I don't put on a Zebra shirt at game time. The fact is it got called.

WOW really because their Offense only score 7 points he was a direct result in that THANKS FOR PROVING MY POINT.

No comparibg corners there little one just as you put it stating the FACTS Owens and Grimes are doing as good and not making 22.5 million to do so.

You keep making statements like

"Do you know he was in man coverage" You don't know either what coverage he was in but I do know that he got called for pass interference and it keep the drive alive that allow them to score. Have a great life little one you just not worth my time since you attck rather then discuss.

WOW seriously you have a bad case of little boy love for him to attack me rather then address anything.

See it really don't matter if I though the pass interference or not since I don't put on a Zebra shirt at game time. The fact is it got called.

WOW really because their Offense only score 7 points he was a direct result in that THANKS FOR PROVING MY POINT.

No comparibg corners there little one just as you put it stating the FACTS Owens and Grimes are doing as good and not making 22.5 million to do so.

You keep making statements like

"Do you know he was in man coverage" You don't know either what coverage he was in but I do know that he got called for pass interference and it keep the drive alive that allow them to score. Have a great life little one you just not worth my time since you attck rather then discuss.

I don't believe it's me having "little boy love". I think it has more to do with you having pocket envy. That's twice you've brought up how much money he is making. You little one are the one attacking. I'm being subjective. See you are the one saying he was getting burnt. I am simply stating that you don't know that because you don't know the coverage they were in. You know what, I don't either, but then again I'm not the one going around saying he got burnt.

Yes Grimes and Owens are playing very well. I'm willing to bet D-Rob has a little to do with that. Do you remember the effect Joe Horn had on Roddy White?

I also notice that since you couldn't answer any of my questions instead of just admitting you don't know what you're talking about you decided to get your little feelings hurt. My girlfriend does the same thing.

How did I prove your point that he was directly responsible for their only offensive touchdown? If Owens had stopped Crabtree on the first 3rd down of that drive then there never would have been the PI call. So isn't Owens directly responsible? Or is he allowed to give up those plays because he doesn't make as much money? Or is it possible that corners are going to sometimes give up a few curls and slants?

Also you say he's responsible for those 7,which he's not, but give him no credit for the shutout the rest of the game.

Besides, I never said anything about offensive coordinators. I said QBs don't want to throw at him. Watch the games. Watch them twice if you have to. You'll see.

I work full time and have a 7 month old that takes up most of my time when I'm not sitting on the computer talking about the Falcons or squeezing in a round of golf. So forgive me if I don't have time to watch the game and rewatch games.

The statement you made, "QBs don't want to throw at him" is very debatable. He's not Revis or Aso where the QBs have predetermined that they'll avoid throwing in his direction. What I'm saying is, as good as Grimes is (I know this argument might make me out to be bashing Grimes, which I'm not), Alex Smith wasn't coming out the huddle and thinking "Where's #20?"

The reason Smith didn't target Grimes' man was because he had darn good coverage. Aside from a couple of throws in Dunta's direction, Alex Smith didn't have many options in the passing game, which is a credit to all of our guys.

I think it's stupid to debate which one of our CBs is more talented and feared most. We have a great tandem and even have great depth in the position. Willi Mo stepped up big time too. Our secondary is not a weakness anymore and it's comforting to be able to say that for the first time in a long time.

Welcome back Gazoo. Sorry about your epic Jamaal fail.

Also, one doesn't have to prove something ISN'T true when the wild accusation is made without proof. When someone is making wild claims without proof, it's not my responsibility to prove it wrong. That's a very moronic statement. Go stand in the corner.

Edited by Mojo Risin