I have NEVER been a person to pay attention to what anybody in the media is saying regarding our team. I don't care what your power rankings say, I don't care if you pick us to lose every week, and I don't care if you just refuse to talk about us. But Trent Dilfer last week really hit a nerve with me and this f'n clown is at it again this week. He acts so pizzed off at us, it's almost like we beat the **** out of his baby sister when we beat the taints.

Here is what he says today...

Collin: Best teams I've seen so far are the Steelers, Ravens, Jets, Colts, and Atlanta.

Dillweed (Interrupting): You're not putting the saints in there?

Collin: I'm not putting the saints in there.

Dillweed (Interrupting again): I think the saints are the best team in football.

Collin: OH BOY! HOLY SMOKES! Well it's ok if you've missed the first month, let me catch you up on what's happened. They are not that good.

Dillweed: Really? So you, really? When you go 3-1 and should be 4-0 you, and your, well I don't want to say what he is, but your kicker misses a 29 yard chip shot you should be 4-0. You're winning with your "C" stuff, you're not a good team? That's not the sign of a good team? When you can go out there with your "C" stuff, you're basically pitching with your offspeed stuff and you're winning? You're beating Minnesota getting the ball with 5 minutes left and grinding out the game and not giving them the ball back. You're beating San Francisco in SF with 1:26 left in a tie game after the defense just gave up a miraculous 2 minute drive then you drive down to get a FG. Then you get the ball yesterday and then going on an 18 play drive I think to kick the winning FG. And you don't have Reggie Bush, and you don't have Pierre Thomas, and you're banged up on defense, and Drew Brees has a bad knee. You're dealing with true NFL adversity, you don't have anywhere close to your "A" stuff and you are beating everybody. That's it to me. When they get their "A" stuff, and they will, about week 9, 10, or 11 that's when it will start mattering, cause none of this really matters anyway. 9, 10, 11 and their cranked up with their "A" stuff, WACTH OUT!

Collin: Ok, I'll tell you my best teams again.

Dilfer (Interrupting a 3rd time): You've got me fired up!

Collin: Jets, Ravens, Steelers, Colts, Atlanta, if I put New Orleans in there would you agree with it?

Dillweed: Yeah

Collin: I'm a buyer on Atlanta

Dillweed: yeah, uh, well they are my enigma, I don't know what they are. Shoulda lost to the saints, shouda lost to the 49ers, but they're finding a way to win.

Collin: So who's your mystery team? Atlanta?

Dillweed: Yeah, Atlanta is my mystery team in that I do like a lot of what Atlanta does.

Collin (Interrupting): What's not to like? Star receiver, good coach, nice QB, runs the ball, physical

Dillweed (Interrupting 4th time): no, see I don't know if they are real physical. I haven't wrapped my brain around them. I don't want to be one of those guys that after 4 weeks you know, comes in with a definitive opinion about that team because I really have not wrapped my brain around them. They really should be 2-2 at best, um, but I don't really buy the shouda/coulda/woulda argument either so, they are finding a way to win.

Collin: They got outplayed yesterday.

Dillweed: They're just, they don't do anything for me. They are just kinda, uh, uh, there.

ESPN need to fire this moron immediately and hire back anyone in his place. Heck Sean Salsbury would be better than this idiot.

Dillweed: "Saints come from behind in the last minute to beat the 9ers best team in football". "Saints lost to the Falcons, oh well, Saints best team in football". "Falcons come from behind to beat 9ers in last minute, Falcons should have lost to 9ers & Saints". What an F'n moron.

I'm with you on normally not caring about what pundits in the media say about the Falcons, but when a-holes like Dukes, Lombardi and Dilfer display their clear bias against the Falcons it does continually pizz me off.....

If the Falcons "Shoulda lost to the saints, shoulda lost to the 49ers" then the Saints shoulda lost to the Vikings if the Vikes had at least a slighty better offense in that opening game.

Their 3 point win against the 9ers? Shoulda lost that one too!

A two point win against Carolina, who equaled their total points scored from the previous two games AND on the road? .. Saints probably shoulda lost that one too!

just as he says they could be 4-0 they could also very very easily be 0-4 but somehow "they're finding a way to win"

Well, he can keep waving the gold and black pom-poms all he wants; it doesn't bother me that much. It will make it that much sweeter when (not if) Ryan and Co. are holding up that Lombardi trophy. He'll be the idiot that everyone on the ESPN set is laughing at....

Wingo: 'So now that the season's over, let's reflect on the Falcons pulling off the victory and winning the Super Bowl.'

Dilfer: 'I really don't consider them as a real champion, Trey. If the Saints had a kicker, they would've won that first game and easily beat the Falcons in the divisional round. To me, the Saints are still the team to beat even though they didn't make the playoffs.'

Hoge: 'What the heck are you talking about??? The Falcons beat them 37-10 in December.'

Dilfer: 'The Falcons just don't do it for me, fellas. They run the ball well, pass the ball well, defend pretty well, are well-coached, good scouts, good ownership. They just appear to be...you know...there.'

Dead silence for 30 seconds while Hoge and Wingo look aghast at Dilfer. Then both of them burst into laughing at Dilfer while the ESPN music takes them into commercial. You can still hear the laughter in the background....

Edited by ratesforless

Wow. Hmm the Saints squeek by a team with.

A. Rookie QB starting his first game on the Road.

B. Steve Smith being injured and not able to return.

C. Only having rookie receivers on the field.

We got blasted in the media for losing in OT against Pittin their house against a 3rd year QB with game experience.

Where Dilfer thinks the saints are good for barely beating a rookie QB and receiving corp (that were 0-3)at home.

Lovely

it's stupid but this stuff really pisses me off... how can he say that the saints winning close games against mediocre/ good teams in the last seconds = greatest football team, and the falcons doing the exact same thing = shoulda lost?

this guy is just plain dumb. he keeps contradicting himself!

i wish the other guy had tried to prove this to him, but i guess he just figured he would never even finish a sentence with this guy.

Dilweed: I dont buy that shuda cuda arguement

What a dumba$$ his initial point of view was entirely based on how ATL SHOULDVE lost to New Orleans and SF, and how Aints COULDVE played better. What a hypocrit, just quit life, and never bag on the dirty birds again.

I think you're giving him too much credit here. I don't think he's a hypocrit, as much as he's too stupid to remember what he said in the previous sentence. Plus, I'm sure the heat and reflection of those studio lights reflecting off his massive shaved dome he would call his head can't help his concentration.

Edited by opensource010

So the falcons are not that physical?

really?

Ask the saints front 7 how physical we are, because we beat the **** out of them....and thats one reason we won.... on OT the saints defense was gassed out.

We may not be the best team in football but anyone who says we are not physical are blind or stupid..... or as we call them around here... saints fans ;)

He was Matt Ryan's #1 fan his rookie season and talked up the Falcons. He jumped off the bandwagon after last season though.

Don't have room for tools like Dilfer on the bandwagon anyway.........

If I detach myself from my Falcon love for just a moment I can see what he's saying. We have not been glamorous yet this season. So, if you don't like ATL and your trying to put a finger on how they are winning you probably won't get it because what we are doing just doesn't jump out at you if you're not intimately familiar with our team.

Those trying to decide where we are compared to other teams:

1) Are expecting better offensive production given how good we are on paper.

Reality: Even we are frustrated with the lack of spectacular plays given our talent.

2) Are expecting to see something on defense that wins games.

Reality: Even we are frustrated when we get gashed for big plays or on 3rd down.

3) Are expecting to see special teams like 2008.

Reality: special teams is doing ok but not stellar.

REALITY = We have not shown our hand yet. Yes, the offense is not as pass happy as it's been but the offense overall is strong enough that we don't have to be. Yes, the defense still gets gashed but in 4 games only the Saints legitimately got in the endzone more than once. So, what I would say is currently we are doing good enough in all aspects of the game to win against some very talented teams and I would say we are still learning how good we will be. God help the rest of the NFL if Defense takes that 1 td a game away from our opposition and our Offense finally starts clicking.

Dillhole will get it when we make it a little more obvious for him.

Who cares what Trent says are what anyone else in media think? You do know that others are allowed to have an opinion right?

You mean like everyone is expressing in this thread?

it's stupid but this stuff really pisses me off... how can he say that the saints winning close games against mediocre/ good teams in the last seconds = greatest football team, and the falcons doing the exact same thing = shoulda lost?

this guy is just plain dumb. he keeps contradicting himself!

i wish the other guy had tried to prove this to him, but i guess he just figured he would never even finish a sentence with this guy.

I think that's exactly what pisses me off about him. Every argument he has for the taints is totally contradicted by his arguments for the Falcons.

I have NEVER been a person to pay attention to what anybody in the media is saying regarding our team. I don't care what your power rankings say, I don't care if you pick us to lose every week, and I don't care if you just refuse to talk about us. But Trent Dilfer last week really hit a nerve with me and this f'n clown is at it again this week. He acts so pizzed off at us, it's almost like we beat the **** out of his baby sister when we beat the taints.

Here is what he says today...

Collin: Best teams I've seen so far are the Steelers, Ravens, Jets, Colts, and Atlanta.

Dillweed (Interrupting): You're not putting the saints in there?

Collin: I'm not putting the saints in there.

Dillweed (Interrupting again): I think the saints are the best team in football.

Collin: OH BOY! HOLY SMOKES! Well it's ok if you've missed the first month, let me catch you up on what's happened. They are not that good.

Dillweed: Really? So you, really? When you go 3-1 and should be 4-0 you, and your, well I don't want to say what he is, but your kicker misses a 29 yard chip shot you should be 4-0. You're winning with your "C" stuff, you're not a good team? That's not the sign of a good team? When you can go out there with your "C" stuff, you're basically pitching with your offspeed stuff and you're winning? You're beating Minnesota getting the ball with 5 minutes left and grinding out the game and not giving them the ball back. You're beating San Francisco in SF with 1:26 left in a tie game after the defense just gave up a miraculous 2 minute drive then you drive down to get a FG. Then you get the ball yesterday and then going on an 18 play drive I think to kick the winning FG. And you don't have Reggie Bush, and you don't have Pierre Thomas, and you're banged up on defense, and Drew Brees has a bad knee. You're dealing with true NFL adversity, you don't have anywhere close to your "A" stuff and you are beating everybody. That's it to me. When they get their "A" stuff, and they will, about week 9, 10, or 11 that's when it will start mattering, cause none of this really matters anyway. 9, 10, 11 and their cranked up with their "A" stuff, WACTH OUT!

Collin: Ok, I'll tell you my best teams again.

Dilfer (Interrupting a 3rd time): You've got me fired up!

Collin: Jets, Ravens, Steelers, Colts, Atlanta, if I put New Orleans in there would you agree with it?

Dillweed: Yeah

Collin: I'm a buyer on Atlanta

Dillweed: yeah, uh, well they are my enigma, I don't know what they are. Shoulda lost to the saints, shouda lost to the 49ers, but they're finding a way to win.

Collin: So who's your mystery team? Atlanta?

Dillweed: Yeah, Atlanta is my mystery team in that I do like a lot of what Atlanta does.

Collin (Interrupting): What's not to like? Star receiver, good coach, nice QB, runs the ball, physical

Dillweed (Interrupting 4th time): no, see I don't know if they are real physical. I haven't wrapped my brain around them. I don't want to be one of those guys that after 4 weeks you know, comes in with a definitive opinion about that team because I really have not wrapped my brain around them. They really should be 2-2 at best, um, but I don't really buy the shouda/coulda/woulda argument either so, they are finding a way to win.

Collin: They got outplayed yesterday.

Dillweed: They're just, they don't do anything for me. They are just kinda, uh, uh, there.

ESPN need to fire this moron immediately and hire back anyone in his place. Heck Sean Salsbury would be better than this idiot.

Dillweed: "Saints come from behind in the last minute to beat the 9ers best team in football". "Saints lost to the Falcons, oh well, Saints best team in football". "Falcons come from behind to beat 9ers in last minute, Falcons should have lost to 9ers & Saints". What an F'n moron.

shouldnt let opinions bother you so much...you have one