Team to beat this season , Superbowl goes through them IMO

Scorpion

There are a lot of good teams out there... Atlanta Falcons surely are one of them and i am really happy about that. (sry had to mention that as i am a HUGE Falcons fan)

Anyway , one team that i am really really impressed by so far is the Pittsburgh Steelers. I really like what they are doing , I think they are the best team in the NFL right now and i would love for someone to challenge that.

They beat us , Atlanta Falcons (who just beat the CHAMPS) in week 1.

They beat a good team in Tennessee Titans who have one of the best RB's in the NFL and are overall a pretty good team.

They DESTROYED .... no wait , they HUMILIATED the Tempa Bay bucks who were 2-0 going into the game with them.

Dont forget they did all this with a 3rd string and 4th string QB with a very suspect OL, IMAGINE how good they will be when Big Ben comes back (SCARY!). Most people are quick to shout out "their DEFENSE is awesome of course they will win"... and i agree with that but i have to give props to their coaching staff too. You take any TEAM in the NFL put a 3rd string/4th string QB with one of the worst OL in the league and a mediocre RB and you will have a disaster in the making. Their coaching staff was able to overcame that and i am really really impressed. All the Steelers fans out there should be really happy with their team this season.

There are a lot of good teams out there... Atlanta Falcons surely are one of them and i am really happy about that. (sry had to mention that as i am a HUGE Falcons fan)

Anyway , one team that i am really really impressed by so far is the Pittsburgh Steelers. I really like what they are doing , I think they are the best team in the NFL right now and i would love for someone to challenge that.

They beat us , Atlanta Falcons (who just beat the CHAMPS) in week 1.

They beat a good team in Tennessee Titans who have one of the best RB's in the NFL and are overall a pretty good team.

They DESTROYED .... no wait , they HUMILIATED the Tempa Bay bucks who were 2-0 going into the game with them.

Dont forget they did all this with a 3rd string and 4th string QB with a very suspect OL, IMAGINE how good they will be when Big Ben comes back (SCARY!). Most people are quick to shout out "their DEFENSE is awesome of course they will win"... and i agree with that but i have to give props to their coaching staff too. You take any TEAM in the NFL put a 3rd string/4th string QB with one of the worst OL in the league and a mediocre RB and you will have a disaster in the making. Their coaching staff was able to overcame that and i am really really impressed. All the Steelers fans out there should be really happy with their team this season.

Frankly the Saints game last week is nothing to hang your hat on. Atlanta got a gift and we shouldn't pretend that it was anything different. That kick was a gimmie and nine times out of ten Atlanta picks up an L there.

I will say that on the first drive of OT we should have won except Ryan missed Douglass. I'd be a lot higher on the Falcons right now if Ryan had put that ball where it belonged and we'd won on that play because it would have represented a team getting better in the clutch. A team with the killer instinct to end things given the slightest opportunity to do so. Right now Atlanta is basically a team that can play good teams close for 60 minutes but hasn't shown the ability to separate.

True, we did win (given a gift) but in January you have to take your opportunities. You can't expect your opponents to shoot themselves in the foot on a gimmie play. We got our fair share of that in 98.

That as a preface to the fact that I'm not that high on the Steelers. Like I said, the Falcons can play you close but won't separate, the Titans are still suspect under center and if you can hold CJ to "normal" production they can't win and Tampa is Tampa. The Steelers have won their winnable games. That's all.