You have to love Jim Mora jr

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few things to consider:

1. Gottlieb was equally rattled with "how should Philly fans react" repetative question.

2. Mora should own up to the fact that he could not coach and discipline Vick during his time in Atlanta.

3. Mora alone is not to blame for Vick's development. Arthur Blank enabled Vick, and ultimately Vick is responsible for improving himself as a professional NFL quarterback.

Yup.

Where is Donatell these days? I know Knapp is the QB coach in Houston. (Demotion)

Inetersting google says he was with Washington Huskies (D-coord) but was fired after the team went defeated... Then Google also mentions something about he's now a secondary coach for the Broncos. The Broncos article was weird it mentioned something about him entering his 10th season at some capacity with the Broncos. Then goes on to say was hired in 2009. Unless it was another Ed donatell

I don't think Mora was out of line at all. Why should he sit there and take abuse from a man who is clearly idiotic? Mora isn't the face of anyone's team so he's not getting paid to play nice.

There is nothing wrong with telling an idiot that they are an idiot. That's one of the problems we all have these days. Everyone is so afraid to hurt some morons feelings that they let him run around being a nuisance to society. I'm not sorry for this either. Whenever I see someone at work or out in public that is being stupid, I say something.

Mora did nothing wrong. As a matter of fact, I like his fire.

Inetersting google says he was with Washington Huskies (D-coord) but was fired after the team went defeated... Then Google also mentions something about he's now a secondary coach for the Broncos. The Broncos article was weird it mentioned something about him entering his 10th season at some capacity with the Broncos. Then goes on to say was hired in 2009. Unless it was another Ed donatell

:lol:

i'm still a fan of mora's and i loved the interview, not a fan of gottlieb and never will be, its about time someone stuck to that moron. gottlieb is the kind of interviewer that i have no respect for, one thats always trying to throw someone under the bus! u can tell he was OWNED when he said ' wow...thats has never happened before!' rofl!!!

I like Jim Mora Jr. as a personality. He went through some tough situations in Atlanta and kind of got thrown into a wild fire. I'm happy with Mike Smith, but I am not disappointed in Jim Mora Jr. like a Redskins fan may be with Jim Thorne or whatever that guy's name is. He just got thrown in a franchise that was going through an identity crisis. Jim Mora Jr. just isn't that leader you need from a coach.

He should expect these kinds of questions if he is gonna do interviews. He sounded like a belligerent teenager to me.

Agreed. He was clearly defensive because what he was hearing was too close to the truth. Vick did not work very hard, especially during Mora's head coaching tenure, on being a good NFL QB. Vick played his butt off during the games but he did not put in the time to study film and work on his craft. Mora in my view had a role to play in Vick's lazy attitude due to the lack of focus and discipline under Mora. This interview is a perfect example of Mora's lack of discipline which translated to the team.

Ultimately the blame for Mora is on Rich McKay who followed up the Mora fiasco by hiring Bobby Petrino. It is only by the generosity and benevolence of Arthur Blank that McKay has a job in the NFL after the he ran the Atlanta Falcons into the ground cumulating in the 2007 season with a pathetic 4-12 record. Thanks for nothing McKay!

He should expect these kinds of questions if he is gonna do interviews. He sounded like a belligerent teenager to me.

Honestly, I'd rather hear an interview like this. I don't like hearing interview answers that sound like they are scripted. I'm a very blunt person, and I will say what is on my mind unless it's a legal or professional issue. Jim Mora Jr. isn't a coach now but more of what I call a personality. The same as the guy who gave the interview. He is expressing his opinion as he feels about it. He is representing himself.

Mora is too much of a professional to say how he really feels about Vick's unprofessionalism while in Atlanta.

check out the preview to Mora's interview with Vick on NFL.com. He pretty much asked Vick why he just didn't come clean, and brought up when he said he would leave every Monday to see his family. Vick pretty much just admitted that his life was a lie.

This will be interested. I'm not saying Mora isn't being professional, I'm just saying it will be interesting to see how that conversation goes.

Any coach that swore blind loyalty to Knappy is not a good coach. Why TF did they try to force him into a West coast offense ? I mean , WTF , no one knew how to use Vick here. We should have run a hybrid spread to create huge running lanes for him. But no, helll no ..take the greatest running QB of all time and force him into a dink and dunk generic vanilla scheme. I mean WTF ? :unsure:

Mora's such a pompous a**. I can't stand that jerk. Gottlieb's point was that Vick didn't take his responsbilities seriously when he was with the Falcons, e.g. he didn't watch film.

How do we know that?

Well, Jim, HE FREAKING ADMITTED IT!! Idiot.

I took a lot of flak for criticizing the decision to hire Mora. I'm glad that butthead is gone. I hate his defensive, "You-don't-know-s**-about-coaching-so-you-shouldn't-be-questioning-me" attitude.

Any coach that swore blind loyalty to Knappy is not a good coach. Why TF did they try to force Vick into a West coast offense ? I mean , WTF , no one knew how to use Vick here. We should have run a hybrid spread to create huge running lanes for him. But no, helll no ..take the greatest running QB of all time and force him into a dink and dunk generic vanilla scheme. I mean WTF ? :unsure:

Mora's such a pompous a**. I can't stand that jerk. Gottlieb's point was that Vick didn't take his responsbilities seriously when he was with the Falcons, e.g. he didn't watch film.

How do we know that?

Well, Jim, HE FREAKING ADMITTED IT!! Idiot.

I took a lot of flak for criticizing the decision to hire Mora. I'm glad that butthead is gone. I hate his defensive, "You-don't-know-s**-about-coaching-so-you-shouldn't-be-questioning-me" attitude.

Mora was actually taking the high road and avoided a more awkward position for himself. The interviewer wanted him to stand up and criticize a player for what he did or did not do four plus years ago. EVery party involved in that fiasco has moved on. No reason for Mora to take the bait. He has more to lose in NFL circles by speaking against Vick than he does for turning the interview around on itself like he did.

The media ask stupid questions all the time. That's just the way it goes. Are you defending Mora?

Agreed..here's the standard one. "How do you feel after such a big win?"

Are they serious? That's the best question they can come up with? I've heard this same question asked for years. It's ridiculous. Media is just BS. I understand why many athletes hate having to deal with it.