New "O" from the 49ers

Falcon Fireman

Alex Smith unwisely has already admitted they will be using the spread offense more but other than that I don't see but a few wrinkles especially in a weeks time. I think the real issue will be the 49'ers don't want to be facing Philly next week at 0-4 because the potential for 0-5 could certainly mean the team starts to fall apart even more quickly leaving Patrick Willis to coach the team because I don't recognize a single coaches name on their team now.

JUst wondering how the 49ers new "O" will effect the Falcons prep? Will they stay with the same "O" they have been using or throw out the book and use plays our "D" has not seen? How do we prepare for them? Advantage the bad guys?

Yeah by the time gameday arrives you will not be able to distinguish the 49ers "new offense" from the Bill Walsh/Joe Montana teams of the past.

Some outrageous NOISE at the Dome on Sunday will only compound their problems trying to get plays off.

They will probably have 5 to 6 delay of game penalities called which will only frustrate Singletary even more than he can now handle.

They may have to carry him to the locker room by game's end. LOL

Some outrageous NOISE at the Dome on Sunday will only compound their problems trying to get plays off.

They will probably have 5 to 6 delay of game penalities called which will only frustrate Singletary even more than he can now handle.

They may have to carry him to the locker room by game's end. LOL

Probably. But most likely, he will get so angry that he will drop his pants out there on the sideline.

It will not be a new offense as others have stated, but it will be new from a situational playcalling standpoint. Meaning they wont try and run the same lame dive play 15 times in a row. I'm not really exaggerating there either, Raye was horrible

Mike Johnson has called an NFL game, and it was for the Falcons. YKW posted a passer rating near 100 both games.

We will probably see more spread option, and my money says we'll also see Westbrook for the first time as a Niner. ( Yes, hes been on the team and been in like 2 snaps or something, what was Raye thinking? )

We need NOISE, the Niners oline has 2 rookies and they struggled at KC with the noise and the outside rush.

Abe and Beerman will have a big day, as will Babs. We dominated this oline in their own house last year, and their weak spots ( Rachal ) is still with the team. Add 2 rookies and the game is in GA, and you have a recipe for a beatdown.

Edited by MR2

the problem isnt just their offense. their defense gave up 87 points in the first 3 games. i dont see westbrook taking snaps from gore. they need gore to get going. in fact they have a winning record when gore touches for more than 25 times per game.

sure they only scored 28 points in the first 3 games, but man, their defense is just awful.