The national media and the Falcons

Since the falcons pretty much play mediocre teams for the next 2 weeks in the San Fransisco and Clevland wit averge QB's such as

Alex Smith: who in my opinion is now gaining confidence

Seneca Wallace: Someone who is givin the oppurtunity who will clearly take advantage of it but isnt a match for our defense.

We wont get much papparzzi until we step into Lincoln Finacial Field @PHI and hopes Vick goes undefeated until then so it will be a NFC battle

God how I want revenge on them farkers ........ :angry:

I found it interesting this week that the Falcons are not getting more attention from the national media after beating the Saints. I have seen dozens more articles on the Saints signing a 153 year old kicker than on the birds. It got on my nerves at first, but after some thought, I'm OK with it.

First off, it really doesn't matter. The only thing that mattes is wht happens on the field. As the season goes along and the Falcons keep taking care of business, the attention will come.

And now, I like the idea of flying under the radar for a few more weeks. We beat the teams we are suppsoed to beat, and the eyes will be on us when we face the stiff competition.

So don't be annoyed by the national media. Our time is coming.

What we need is a Falcons nationwide cable channel.

So all fans should spend the money so we can fly under the radar?

I'm afraid in the next decade, ALL games will be pay-per-view. The NFL's contract with Direct Tv expires at the end of this season, they will not be able to afford another deal. The NFL's contract with CBS/FOX is also expiring at the end of the year, with no negotiations taking place.

The NFL is wanting to control those broadcast rights themselves. This won't be an over night affair, I would expect in the next 3 years, they will air a Thursday night game on PPV, to test the waters. Then slowly but surely, you will see the Sunday games on either a PPV or premium service(i.e. Sunday Ticket) I'm sure they will still have the SNF on NBC and MNF on ESPN for free.

With the players wanting a larger chunk of the owners margin, they will look to make that money back.

I'm afraid in the next decade, ALL games will be pay-per-view. The NFL's contract with Direct Tv expires at the end of this season, they will not be able to afford another deal. The NFL's contract with CBS/FOX is also expiring at the end of the year, with no negotiations taking place.

The NFL is wanting to control those broadcast rights themselves. This won't be an over night affair, I would expect in the next 3 years, they will air a Thursday night game on PPV, to test the waters. Then slowly but surely, you will see the Sunday games on either a PPV or premium service(i.e. Sunday Ticket) I'm sure they will still have the SNF on NBC and MNF on ESPN for free.

With the players wanting a larger chunk of the owners margin, they will look to make that money back.

I thought the NFL extended its contract with DirectTV through 2012. I don't see why they would go PPV. They get paid truck loads of money right now for the right to broadcast and financially restricting access to their main product will reduce the number of fans.

I keep saying this and no one gets it. Flying under the radar means that it is harder for those of us outside the Atlanta market to get the games. It is NOT a good thing.

I like things the way they are because it keeps us humble as a team and fan base (I would hate to see us become full of ourselves rather than the classy posters we are now).

The NFL Game Rewind IS an option. I ended up going with that and instead of spending 300 in my area for it i spent 40 bucks and split it with my roomate. You do have to wait until after the games are over to watch them but after that you can use it as much as your heart desires. it truly is a good value. i just had to go to the bar to watch the NO game. I couldnt wait for something like that.

I keep saying this and no one gets it. Flying under the radar means that it is harder for those of us outside the Atlanta market to get the games. It is NOT a good thing.

That's my complaint. I live in Indiana. I have to go to the bar just to watch the games. EVERY WEEK so far, the Jets games have been shown on TV... I wish the Falcons got a little more recognition...

I thought the NFL extended its contract with DirectTV through 2012. I don't see why they would go PPV. They get paid truck loads of money right now for the right to broadcast and financially restricting access to their main product will reduce the number of fans.

You are correct, Direct TV did sign a new contact with the NFL. I found an article on it.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123786503490122053.html

Cowboys, Farve, and Vick were the 3 biggest stories from the national media in week 3. As fantastic of a game as the Falcons/Saints game was it was not going to trump those 3 stories. I'm sure Steeler fans were annoyed at their lack of coverage and they are undefeated.

I think the national media was really really scared the Cowboys were going to lose again. They didn't want to lose ratings from their fanbase if the Cowboys were not relevant. Hence, all the coverage.

I agree.

I really don't care what the media's opinion is on our team, but I just like to hear anything Falcons. Living in CT, I only see whatver is on NFL network or ESPN. So when ESPN spends only 15 seconds talking about the Falcons and moves on, it gets to me.

Consider getting NFL game rewind for about $50. I've had it for two years it's great. If you a have a decent computer and internet has all the NFL games. Downside can't watch while there are live NFL games. But It's cheaper than direct ticket and you can watch it during the week.

First, because of the Falcons 40+ years of misery and mediocrity it would literally take back to back to back super bowl Falcon wins before any national media robots would realize the Falcons are for real.

Secondly, the media have their "Darlings" and they will NEVER let them go...........Steelers, Packers, Cowboys, Patriots, etc. One of their Darlings could actually go 1-15 and they would still drool all over their "potential" and explain why some mysterious solar eclipse must have caused such a fluke.

Enough to make you puke.