49ers is a trap game

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been concerned about this one since the schedule came out. I'm even more concerned now. We're coming off what could turn out to be a very emotionally draining game. The 49ers are a desperate team right now. Desperate teams are very dangerous. On top of that, Singletary was very upset at the way our o-line played them last year. I have a feeling that this one has been circled on their calendar for a while. I hope our guys are ready.

Well as for me,a fan, I will be high on this win at least til friday. Our actual TEAM looks focused already. Did you watch the ryan interview? The guy was already talking san fran!

So trap game? naw dnt think so. And even if the team was high coming in, do you really think we would lose? c'mon now. They are 0-3, just fired their OC, quarterback controversy, on the road at OUR house? Any Given sunday but good grief we should definitely have this game

Every game should be seen as a trap game. We have the potential to be an elite team but without the resume, we have to earn the swagger every week. Although we have other teams' attention, to them and their fans we have to prove that we aren't the "same ole Falcons" every week. Our record is 2-1 and although yesterday's game was a big win, it's already behind us. All that we've done is ensure we don't lose 15 games this season.

I'm confident that Smitty will have the team's heads where they need to be. I'd be surprised if we lose to the Niners because I believe we have a better team on paper and better coaches. I also think playing at home jacks the boys and they will come out hungry for sliders a week after gorging on steak.

I don't pencil in wins as a rule, but if I had to pick one game this season that I'm certain we're gonna win, it's the 49'ers game. They fired their OC today and that team seems to be in total and complete disarray. We should whoop 'em a lot like we did last season,.....45-10.

You're probably right but, prior to Denver game in 08, I was feeling the same. We were coming off an impressive win at the Ga dome against the, yes the Saints, and was sure we would crush the Broncos - A team that had no running game to speak of and had a defense that was close to dead last against the run. We know how that ended. Got a bad feeling,(maybe it was the pork and cabbage I had for supper). ;) I do have faith in the coaching staff to get the guys prepared, I just worry alot :P

Edited by vabchbirdlover

You're probably right but, prior to Denver game in 08, I was feeling the same. We were coming off an impressive win at the Ga dome against the, yes the Saints, and was sure we would crush the Broncos - A team that had no running game to speak of and had a defense that was close to dead last against the run. We know how that ended. Got a bad feeling,(maybe it was the pork and cabbage I had for supper). ;) I do have faith in the coaching staff to get the guys prepared, I just worry alot :P

Yeah, I felt that way too about that game. Cutler chewed up our secondary though. We got so close to pulling it off too with that drop by Roddy in the endzone. Any given Sunday in the NFL rings true just about every week.

I don't pencil in wins as a rule, but if I had to pick one game this season that I'm certain we're gonna win, it's the 49'ers game. They fired their OC today and that team seems to be in total and complete disarray. We should whoop 'em a lot like we did last season,.....45-10.

Singletary's next and we are going to be putting down the hammer on the nails in his coffin. Falcons roll. And I had to use Tivo to fast forward through parts of the Saints game because of the anguish it was causing me...

Disagree with the premise completely, because I don't think it's the nature of this team to fall into a trap and I don't see any evidence that the team is susceptible to such a weakness. Why?

This is a team that knows the heartbreak of losing a hard fought game in OT against the Steelers.

This is a team that knows the elation of opening a can of whoop-azz against Arizona.

This is a team that knows the satisfaction of beating the rival and incumbent Super Bowl champ Saints in OT.

They didn't get here by reading press clippings or thinking they had reached their objectives for this season.

They got here by hard work, confidence in the abilities of their team mates, and good coaching.

They don't overlook anyone, they don't look ahead on the schedule, they play one game at a time.

They live by the 24 hour rule as it relates to dealing with their most recent game, and then launch right into the mental and physical preparation for the next opponent.

They will prepare an outstanding game plan for defeating San Francisco and the players will execute it with excellence.

Barring any significant injuries, we should spank the 49'ers.

Well in any case I think we can all agree that losing to the 49'ers at home would pretty much undo what we did by beating the Taints in their house. It would be disastrous and we'd start hearing the old "Will the real Atlanta Falcons please stand up!"

But we're not gonna lose to San Fran, no way. We're gonna beat the snot outta Cleveland, too! It's the game after that, the Philly game, that has me worried and for obvious reasons.

Im new to this Forum but not new to the Dirty Birds, I would like to know how to start a new topic, I have a couple in mind that will trigger some things for us loyal followers to discuss.

Sorry. The board decided to restrict new people from starting topics because of spammers and trolls. I am sure neither apply to you so just keep posting and in time you will earn the priviledge.

Im new to this Forum but not new to the Dirty Birds, I would like to know how to start a new topic, I have a couple in mind that will trigger some things for us loyal followers to discuss.

Welcome to the boards. I think a new rule has been implemented where you can't start a new thread until you have reached an undisclosed number of post.

Well in any case I think we can all agree that losing to the 49'ers at home would pretty much undo what we did by beating the Taints in their house. It would be disastrous and we'd start hearing the old "Will the real Atlanta Falcons please stand up!"

But we're not gonna lose to San Fran, no way. We're gonna beat the snot outta Cleveland, too! It's the game after that, the Philly game, that has me worried and for obvious reasons.

I got that one covered, Supes. I am NOT leaving Philly with a loss. :angry:

After the multiple warnings, me too, lol. But my friend and I are tougher than we look. Should be able to at least make a fight interesting. ;)

Do watch your back, their fans are notorious! Tandy got pushed over by a drunken Saints "fan" at the Super Dome yesterday. She took a fall, but minus a few bumps and bruises, she's ok and the guy got ejected. So yes, drunken idiot fans will even attack women. They don't care.