BREAKING NEWS - NINERS FIRE OC!

Great point. I posted another article from Peter King this morning about how Mike Smith and the Falcons were very businesslike and not overly emotional. To me, Singletary is all emotion, and you just can't sustain that week after week.

In college, perhaps; but certainly not in the NFL.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect them to come out guns a blazin'. We need to be prepared for anything they can throw at us.

They are a pretty good team so we got to be ready. However, this will be Alex smiths 7th O coordinator I believe. The guy hasn't had a fair shot, he showed signs under Norv Turner, and hasn't played bad the past 2 weeks either. Came into the league young, and out of a gimmick offense in College. I think he could be a servicable QB at least if given time in a system.

That's not the scary part; the scary part is that a lot of people wanted Singletary after Jim Mora Jr. got fired. That's why I'm glad us AFMB member's don't make decisions and more football knowledgeable people do.

Well I can tell you've been reading these boards for a while. :lol:

There were a lot of people who wanted him, thankfully I was not one of them.

I am a bit more reserved.....

These situations scare to snot out of me....

It is VERY easy for a team to lose focus under these situations and start looking ahead.... You see this all the time in the NFL. Regardless of the OC situation, our boys are still going to be facing NFL-calibre players, and NO game is a "gimme" in the NFL.... It's very hard for a coach to keep his squad focused and level-headed going into games like this....

I hope our boys just play their game as if they were facing the Saints again, and NOT try to get too fancy. This is the sort of stuff "upsets" are made of if the Falcons come in expecting a win to be given to them.

Me too.

Looks like someone fell on a sword and it wasn't Singletary. This is a very good thing imo. Disruption and turmoil is an offense's worst enemy.

I couldn't agree more...This is EXACTLY what we want, as the 49ers prepare to come into our building on Sunday!! :D You just can't "plug" a new OC into an NFL system and expect all the moving parts to function like clock work.

Nonetheless, our boys STILL need to be prepared as possible to face a "wounded animal"...aka...the 49ers!

Edited by BirdzEyeView

:lol:

Funny you should mention this, I was over on their forum a couple of hrs ago and was viewing some of their threads and the general concensus was that Raye suxs... Think I'll mosey back over and observe their reaction... ;)

Side note - Rev, been unable to view my profile, send pms, wassup.... Tks..

If you can post a link to the 49ers message board, I'd GREATLY appreciate it...Thanks. :)

Mike will be the next one out. Hopefully the Falcons can give the 49ers FO many reasons to fire Mike after this week game. One thing to remember DO NOT TAKE ANY TEAM LIGHTLY.

ONE thing we can ALL be certain of : Smitty will NEVER let this team take anyone lightly, even if they came to town without ANY coaching staff.

No.............the Falcons are on a mission and NOTHING will be taken for granted.

Nothing.

I expect them to come out guns a blazin'. We need to be prepared for anything they can throw at us.

No doubt about that.

This game can be VERY dangerous for the falcons, when you play a team that DOES have some legit players on offense like hte niners Do ( Gore is a top 10 back, Davis is a top 3 TE, Crabterr and Morgan both have all the talent you can ask for and Smith has the ability it just does not click for.... Notto mention some good defensive players... Teams like that with their backs against the wall can do some major damage.

One BIG thing we have in our favor is we are at home and Ryan has been nearly untouchable at home.

If we come out as intense as we can and not havea let down after an emotionally draining game we HSOULD coast like we did against the cards.....but that is not a given ... not in a long shot.

Don't be.. The 9ers are done this year...That rah-rah b.s. that Singletary has been doing has already been tuned out. I personally think he has lost the team and they are headed to a 5-11 season....

I think you're right. Looks like he lost the team. The Saints loss may have been the straw that broke the camel's back. Singletary talks alot but his teams don't back it up. I remember last year, after we spanked them, Singletary was saying that they'll be in the playoffs and how good they are..and the game was an aberration. And then they sucked for the rest of the year.

Don't be.. The 9ers are done this year...That rah-rah b.s. that Singletary has been doing has already been tuned out. I personally think he has lost the team and they are headed to a 5-11 season....

You may very well be right, but let's make sure one of those 5 wins doesn't come at our expense. This is a trap game if I've ever seen one:

This is a team that has not won a game.

This is a team that we crushed a year ago.

This is a team playing their 1st game after canning their O.C.

We are playing them in our house.

We are coming off a massive road win.

I know, I know, I know, I know Smitty will have them prepared, but it'd be really easy for some of these young guys to overlook this SF team given these circumstances.

You may very well be right, but let's make sure one of those 5 wins doesn't come at our expense. This is a trap game if I've ever seen one:

This is a team that has not won a game.

This is a team that we crushed a year ago.

This is a team playing their 1st game after canning their O.C.

We are playing them in our house.

We are coming off a massive road win.

I know, I know, I know, I know Smitty will have them prepared, but it'd be really easy for some of these young guys to overlook this SF team given these circumstances.

I think this team is more professional than that.

But, yeah, this could be a trap game. This is the NFL. It is likely to win a game here and there you were "supposed" to lose and lose a game you were "supposed" to win.

I think this team is more professional than that.

But, yeah, this could be a trap game. This is the NFL. It is likely to win a game here and there you were "supposed" to lose and lose a game you were "supposed" to win.

Yeah, hopefully they already learned this lesson against that Steelers team everybody thought we were "supposed" to beat.

And Buffalo came close to upsetting NE.

Doesn't matter if the Falcons play the Pop Warner Niners - they can't afford to underestimate anyone

Exactly. And a team that has been frustrated offensivley can be jump started with a big move like this one. Falcons need to be on their toes