Saints fans bashing hartley, Get real guys.

Russdogg

Some of you have amnesia b/c you know last year when your kicker struggled he was # 1 on the list of most hated.

Point blank you gotta make that and if makes saints win so he is to blame. The falcons played great yesterday and wouldnt go away and they get credit for that. The saints had three turnovers got dominated in the trenches and still had the game on the kickers foot so you can take that for what its worth. It gonna be a good season and who knows what will be at stake when we play Dec 27th.

The difference, to me, is that in the past when the ATL kicker blew chances (or games), the sound bites were all PC. Even if everyone wanted to kill him, they all said the right things. It disappointed me to hear Brees throw Hartley under the bus.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to point before i leave, Trick play's aren't part of playoff game-planning, it's just cuteness from coaches..

Ya'll played ya best ball game i've seen out of the falcons in all of 2009 and this season, thats why i said what i said, the players played like they were going to get a trophy at the end, they wanted it, saints looked gross on the field and through all of that it still almost ended in a tie, thats was my only point, wasn't meant to be taken to discredit what ya'll did man..

i don't even understand why this is an argument.. im complimenting the falcons but at the sametime critiquing them, they have the ability to be playoff contenders, but if they let a team already plagued with problems and playing on short schedule, and looking like they were gummy bears out there playing laxed, being run over and still was able to keep it close it's best to remain cautious..

But it is what it is.. i know ya'll are bouncing off the walls just to have a "W" against the current World champs, ain't no sense on running in circles, have fun with with the win.

I'm sure everyone can respect that, but this has been Falcon football for a while, sorry guy. we added some speed and hard-hitters on defense, so maybe that's swaying your thought process, but we've been playing 4 to the floor football since Smith has taken over this team. nothing else is expected. that's why throughout all the snark remarks and discredit your group of fans and the media has given us, WE'VE known that we can hang with any team, because of our style of play. and ya were a freak ST play on DeCoud from being taken out of the game in the 4th, honestly. some people just can't admit they were beaten by their rival, and that's fair, a lot of Falcon fans, including me, found it hard to believe we lost to the Saints in both the games we played yall in. but this isn't the first time Mike Smith has beaten the Saints, and we were **** close to doing it last year also

Edited by illest_will

The Falcon's played the better game. The Saint's wouldn't have even been in position to win the game with a field goal if the flukey punt didn't hit our guy in the ankle or if Coach Smith didn't screw up in the 4th by not punting it on 4th and 6.

We deserved to win that game, period. We outplayed the Saint's all four quarters.

If this is all failclowns have, and they need a missed easy FG on the 16 to win, and we get bush and sharper back ? easy division win

opps have to go hope you all die in your sleep:) good game

O' HOW THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN!!"

I TRIED TO TELL YOU GUYS IT WOULD

COME TO THIS. BUT YOU THOUGHT IT COULDN'T

HAPPEN TO YOU. O' HOW THE MIGHTY HAVE

FALLEN!!

Let's get this out there(this coming from a pure Falcons Fan) "The Falcons were lucky to win this game due to a very bad FG try" , but the Falcons deserved to win this game. Period! I understand Saints fans of you being upset that you lost b/cuz he missed such an easy kick but in all honesty you were lucky to even be in this game. Yeah Brees had great stats in the passing game but he also threw 2 picks both his fault, and your running game got smashed. That fluke muffed kick of the back of DeCoud's foot was 1 of the luckiest plays on yesterday. You were stopped on 3rd down and the way our offensive line was pushing we would have scored again. You guys got a lucky freak leprachun up the arse present handed to you but of course it was earlier in the game so we dont remember that right? Brees took advantage as he should have. It works both ways Saints fans. That play had nothing to do w/ skill. It wasn't like the punter targeted the back of his foot, it was pure luck. Thats what kept you in that game. So we will take that lucky win and keep it moving. I'll give it to you, you guys had our # for a few years now. Sucks don't it.

Let's get this out there(this coming from a pure Falcons Fan) "The Falcons were lucky to win this game due to a very bad FG try" , but the Falcons deserved to win this game. Period! I understand Saints fans of you being upset that you lost b/cuz he missed such an easy kick but in all honesty you were lucky to even be in this game. Yeah Brees had great stats in the passing game but he also threw 2 picks both his fault, and your running game got smashed. That fluke muffed kick of the back of DeCoud's foot was 1 of the luckiest plays on yesterday. You were stopped on 3rd down and the way our offensive line was pushing we would have scored again. You guys got a lucky freak leprachun up the arse present handed to you but of course it was earlier in the game so we dont remember that right? Brees took advantage as he should have. It works both ways Saints fans. That play had nothing to do w/ skill. It wasn't like the punter targeted the back of his foot, it was pure luck. Thats what kept you in that game. So we will take that lucky win and keep it moving. I'll give it to you, you guys had our # for a few years now. Sucks don't it.

Yes, put a 29 yarder through and we win but you're right, it doesn't mean we outplayed Atlanta. Both teams left some plays and some points out there. It was pretty much a wash. Ryan misses Douglas for a sure touchdown, Henderson drops a bomb somewhere around the 12 and on and on. I thought you guys were a little better on both sides of the line of scrimmage, and were on the road, so, there's no way I'm gonna say you were lucky. I think (other than our FG game) we're really good on special teams and have some quick strike ability to keep us in games like this when we're not controlling the clock. If the FG goes in we deserve to win. I think the final score all in all was a pretty good representation of the way the two teams played.

I'm old enough to remember Bartkowski's Big Ben, and the Russell Erxleben game and a lot of unexplainable bounces of the ball in Atlanta's favor. Im not gonna apologize if a bounce goes our way. It evens out over time believe me

Yes, put a 29 yarder through and we win but you're right, it doesn't mean we outplayed Atlanta. Both teams left some plays and some points out there. It was pretty much a wash. Ryan misses Douglas for a sure touchdown, Henderson drops a bomb somewhere around the 12 and on and on. I thought you guys were a little better on both sides of the line of scrimmage, and were on the road, so, there's no way I'm gonna say you were lucky. I think (other than our FG game) we're really good on special teams and have some quick strike ability to keep us in games like this when we're not controlling the clock. If the FG goes in we deserve to win. I think the final score all in all was a pretty good representation of the way the two teams played.

I'm old enough to remember Bartkowski's Big Ben, and the Russell Erxleben game and a lot of unexplainable bounces of the ball in Atlanta's favor. Im not gonna apologize if a bounce goes our way. It evens out over time believe me

It wasn't a wash at all. Statistically, we won the game. In fact, if it wasn't for the freak "ankle-rebound", you guys wouldn't have gotten the ball back at all.

The aints were lucky to have the chance to win it late. We shouldn't have given it back late in the 4th, they caught a fluke play with decoud that helped and if HD is 6 inches further down the field they never see the ball in OT. Don't give me that "we lucked out because of the kicker BS" we kicked your *** in your house.

No more SB partying; we crashed it!!!

Dude, have you even read this thread? 90% of the Saints fans are giving your team props. Don't fight it. It's too early to come to any conclusions about the Super Bowl party that you mentioned, but for a week, and possibly more, the Falcons are tied with the Bucs and Saints for 1st place in the NFC South, and have temporarily at the very least, taken control of the tiebreaker with the Saints. Enjoy it.

You seem to be one of the few making any sense from the N.O. I agree w/ you on a lot of what u said, we both left some points out there but just the overall feel of the game to me(and this just might be my own homerism speaking) is that we physically dominated that game. The Saint's defense was getting beat up. Dont get me wrong they didnt lie down but when you run the ball like we did it was bound to happen, and it just seemed like we controlled much of the tempo of the game. When we made that stop on 3rd down we were primed to go back down and score and really put the heat on.

But can't you go discuss your kicker situation on YOUR OWN BOARD?

Well, I didn't start the thread here, someone else did but yes, I'm pretty sure it's being dicussed at length on the Saints boards. I visit the Saints board more in the offseason than during the season. I don't like reading "should we bring Deuce back?" and that kind of stuff everytime a running back turns an ankle.

You seem to be one of the few making any sense from the N.O. I agree w/ you on a lot of what u said, we both left some points out there but just the overall feel of the game to me(and this just might be my own homerism speaking) is that we physically dominated that game. The Saint's defense was getting beat up. Dont get me wrong they didnt lie down but when you run the ball like we did it was bound to happen, and it just seemed like we controlled much of the tempo of the game. When we made that stop on 3rd down we were primed to go back down and score and really put the heat on.

I'd give the Falcons the edge on both sides of the lines of scrimmage too. Again, I thought the Falcons converting 3rd downs was key because for 3 qts or so, I think we kept the yards per carry down about as well as could be expected but, it was taking it's toll because our front 7 definitely wore down from 45 minutes of time of possession by the Falcons. Late in the game, the running game really got going for Atlanta. Third down conversions made that possible. It bothers me that we choose to keep only 3 DTs on the active roster for game day and one of the three is a DT/DE hybrid. We have a decent DT on the practice squad but, I guess we use the extra spot for that 6th receiver that never sees the field, or a special teamer or something. We could have used him yesterday I think.

Edited by HarmonWages

its aggravating to see some saints fans comparing this year and last year with the excuses in between, if you really want to hurdle that up, last year was two tough games, the second without Ryan, Turner, and half the starters, and the siants escaped with a field goal at the end of regulation, Hartley, Hero. The First Matchup was ryans 2 pics in the redzone, two HARD fought games, just like today,EXCEPT, BALL SECURITY, and the arrow point to a W, in our direction, finally. I dont ever expect the saints to respect us, but we sure as **** respect what brees and that team can do, hence, the joy of beating the champs. We control the divison now.

BTW, i read on an article by Pats Y (nfc south links blog) that the saints have called...

CARNEY!!! :lol:

TRUE Story

Hitting the NFC South links

September, 27, 2010 Sep 279:41AM ETEmail Print Comments By Pat YasinskasNEW ORLEANS -- Time to catch up on some items of interest that we didn’t get to touch on Sunday.

I know a lot of Atlanta fans got worried when rookie linebacker Sean Weatherspoon was carted off the field late in the game Sunday. Turns out Weatherspoon was cramping up and said he was fine after the game.

Rookie running back LeGarrette Blount was one of the few bright spots for the Buccaneers. He made his NFL debut and got six carries for 27 yards and a touchdown.

Jeff Duncan writes that Garrett Hartley’s job is on the line after he missed a short field goal attempt in overtime against Atlanta. The Saints already have been on the phone to veteran John Carney and he’s expected to come in for a visit this week. We’ve seen the Saints do this in the past with kickers and punters and I think they’re playing with fire here. Yes, Hartley missed an easy kick, but the guy has made some big kicks for this franchise. Kickers are a different breed and you don’t make a change every time they miss a kick. If you do, you’re going to create a very uncomfortable situation at a position that doesn’t come with a big comfort zone.

Tom Sorensen throws out the idea that it might be time for Carolina to trade receiver Steve Smith. Trade away your best player in the middle of a season? Ordinarily, that makes no sense. In this case, though, it might. Carolina’s not going anywhere this year, and the Panthers clearly are in a youth movement. They could probably get a couple of decent draft picks for Smith, who despite his obvious frustration, has kept pretty quiet and hasn’t asked out of Carolina. But the idea of shopping Smith for draft picks no longer seems ludicrous. Carolina is in a position where it could be like a small-market baseball team, selling off its top talent for the future. It might be time to get something for Smith while his value remains high.

BTW, i read on an article by Pats Y (nfc south links blog) that the saints have called...

CARNEY!!! :lol:

TRUE Story

Hitting the NFC South links

September, 27, 2010 Sep 279:41AM ETEmail Print Comments By Pat YasinskasNEW ORLEANS -- Time to catch up on some items of interest that we didn’t get to touch on Sunday.

I know a lot of Atlanta fans got worried when rookie linebacker Sean Weatherspoon was carted off the field late in the game Sunday. Turns out Weatherspoon was cramping up and said he was fine after the game.

Rookie running back LeGarrette Blount was one of the few bright spots for the Buccaneers. He made his NFL debut and got six carries for 27 yards and a touchdown.

Jeff Duncan writes that Garrett Hartley’s job is on the line after he missed a short field goal attempt in overtime against Atlanta. The Saints already have been on the phone to veteran John Carney and he’s expected to come in for a visit this week. We’ve seen the Saints do this in the past with kickers and punters and I think they’re playing with fire here. Yes, Hartley missed an easy kick, but the guy has made some big kicks for this franchise. Kickers are a different breed and you don’t make a change every time they miss a kick. If you do, you’re going to create a very uncomfortable situation at a position that doesn’t come with a big comfort zone.

Tom Sorensen throws out the idea that it might be time for Carolina to trade receiver Steve Smith. Trade away your best player in the middle of a season? Ordinarily, that makes no sense. In this case, though, it might. Carolina’s not going anywhere this year, and the Panthers clearly are in a youth movement. They could probably get a couple of decent draft picks for Smith, who despite his obvious frustration, has kept pretty quiet and hasn’t asked out of Carolina. But the idea of shopping Smith for draft picks no longer seems ludicrous. Carolina is in a position where it could be like a small-market baseball team, selling off its top talent for the future. It might be time to get something for Smith while his value remains high.

I listened to Peyton on Gannon and Shein's show this morning. He said that Carney was there as a consultant to help Hartley and see where things are breaking down with the whole snap, hold, kick process.

I listened to Peyton on Gannon and Shein's show this morning. He said that Carney was there as a consultant to help Hartley and see where things are breaking down with the whole snap, hold, kick process.

makes sense, i'll take thecoaches word on it. No way hartley loses his job this season.

Well, I didn't start the thread here, someone else did but yes, I'm pretty sure it's being dicussed at length on the Saints boards. I visit the Saints board more in the offseason than during the season. I don't like reading "should we bring Deuce back?" and that kind of stuff everytime a running back turns an ankle.

Who cares who started the thread? This is a FALCONS board. Just because there is a thread about the saints on it is not an immediate invitation for your contribution.