Say What You Will About Our OC's Play Calling....

Mularkey stuck to his guns today, pounding the rock over and over, again and again. Credit the Saints D, they did a fine job of stuffing it, But Mike never gave up the ghost and it finally paid off in OT with the game on the line. The Saints D was exhausted from a running game that seemed ineffective for the largest part but in actuality was brutal and telling when all the cards were on the table. Our Birds wore 'em out, plain and simple.

I'm so proud and I know we all are. And I had a freakin' BLAST today with my friends Gritz, karst41 and kibitzer and I gotta tell y'all a quick funny story: We're watching the game (8 of us total), on my humongous screen, right? And when the Saints lined up to kick what surely looked to be the game winning field goal, the picture suddenly FROZE! It couldn't have been for more than 5 or 6 seconds but of course it seemed like an eternity. You coulda heard a pin drop on my carpet. Then it unfroze and all we could see was a ref signaling "NO GOOD!" Gritz 'bout had a heart attack while the rest of us 'bout knocked the roof offa my house with our screaming.

It was the most fun I've had watching a game at home since the '98 Birds beat Minny for the NFC Championship and I'll never, EVER, forget it!:D

Unfortunately, I forgot to record it!:ph34r:

And when the Saints lined up to kick what surely looked to be the game winning field goal, the picture suddenly FROZE! It couldn't have been for more than 5 or 6 seconds but of course it seemed like an eternity. You coulda heard a pin drop on my carpet. Then it unfroze and all we could was a ref signaling "NO GOOD!" Gritz 'bout had a heart attack while the rest of us 'bout knocked the roof offa my house with our screaming.

Do you have DirecTV? It happened to us too. Our screen completely blacked out. I said, "Ummmmmm....." The next picture we saw was Matt Ryan pumping his fist 5 or 6 seconds later! :)

From what i was reading on cbs sports line it seemed like they didnt try a lot of deep shots today, then in overtime a deep shot to douglas is called on 1st and 10, i just didnt like that idea.

It was there though and if you can end OT on one play, take a shot. It was just a tad overthrown, but he launched that ball. The little bump that the corner got on HD was just enough to throw that timing off.

Mularkey called one helluva game today. If you weren't satisfied then idk what game you were watching. He controlled the clock to keep Brees on the sideline. That is the only way you beat an explosive offense. He made a point to establish the run but even the passing plays were good calls. What more do you want him to do? You don't try and air it out with the saints and try to make it a shootout. You will lose. It is a shame that they literally played the best game we have seen and people still aren't satisfied.

Mularkey called one helluva game today. If you weren't satisfied then idk what game you were watching. He controlled the clock to keep Brees on the sideline. That is the only way you beat an explosive offense. He made a point to establish the run but even the passing plays were good calls. What more do you want him to do? You don't try and air it out with the saints and try to make it a shootout. You will lose. It is a shame that they literally played the best game we have seen and people still aren't satisfied.

I wouldn't mind more easy crossing routes over the middle, letting people like Roddy and Harry get in space and run to daylight. The saints make a killing off those plays, and if you have a good rb to draw attention to the LOS, those are almost impossible to stop.

I'd also like it if we'd mix up the playcalling more on 1st and 2nd down. We kept putting Ryan in situations where he had to convert 3rd and long...that's not a recipe for long term success.

All that said, overall, Mularkey's plan worked(largely because of the defense's ability to contain NO's), but his style of playcalling would work a LOT better if we had a little better interior run blocking.

I watched the game on Sunday Ticket To-Go, sending the video to a 52" flat screen from a laptop. Today's game had little freeze up problems. Previous 2 games were hard to watch with the picture pixelating and freezing. Thank goodness there weren't those problems today.

My heart was literally pounding through most of the 4th quarter and OT. The most exciting game I've ever watched. Amazing win for our Falcons!!

If mularkey had stuck to his guns the saints would have never had the chance for that shanked field goal. He sent matt out gunning way down fields, which i'm sorry to say might me his only weak point so far (it'll get fixed i'm sure just takes time). The team made it that far in the game buy pounding the ball, they should have kept it going with some 2nd and short play actions.

Mularkey stuck to his guns today, pounding the rock over and over, again and again. Credit the Saints D, they did a fine job of stuffing it, But Mike never gave up the ghost and it finally paid off in OT with the game on the line. The Saints D was exhausted from a running game that seemed ineffective for the largest part but in actuality was brutal and telling when all the cards were on the table. Our Birds wore 'em out, plain and simple.

I'm so proud and I know we all are. And I had a freakin' BLAST today with my friends Gritz, karst41 and kibitzer and I gotta tell y'all a quick funny story: We're watching the game (8 of us total), on my humongous screen, right? And when the Saints lined up to kick what surely looked to be the game winning field goal, the picture suddenly FROZE! It couldn't have been for more than 5 or 6 seconds but of course it seemed like an eternity. You coulda heard a pin drop on my carpet. Then it unfroze and all we could was a ref signaling "NO GOOD!" Gritz 'bout had a heart attack while the rest of us 'bout knocked the roof offa my house with our screaming.

It was the most fun I've had watching a game at home since the '98 Birds beat Minny for the NFC Championship and I'll never, EVER, forget it!:D

I just wish we had ran the ball instead of passing it the last 2 plays in regulation. If we had ran it and taken some more time off the clock, Brees might not have had enough time to tie the game up.

I'm so proud and I know we all are. And I had a freakin' BLAST today with my friends Gritz, karst41 and kibitzer and I gotta tell y'all a quick funny story: We're watching the game (8 of us total), on my humongous screen, right? And when the Saints lined up to kick what surely looked to be the game winning field goal, the picture suddenly FROZE! It couldn't have been for more than 5 or 6 seconds but of course it seemed like an eternity. You coulda heard a pin drop on my carpet. Then it unfroze and all we could was a ref signaling "NO GOOD!" Gritz 'bout had a heart attack while the rest of us 'bout knocked the roof offa my house with our screaming.

I just wish we had ran the ball instead of passing it the last 2 plays in regulation. If we had ran it and taken some more time off the clock, Brees might not have had enough time to tie the game up.

We had a great win and it was a great day to sit in front of the tv and watch football. My only problem is that that the Falcons said they would limit Turner's touches this season and he ran 30 times. We have Snelling and we have Ovie. Lets don't wear Turner out!! Its only game 3 and an average of 30 carries is way too much!!!

I agree that it was a great win. As for Mularkey, my only disagreement is running Turner 30 times. Mike Smith has said he'd give Turner less touches to keep him fresh. Ovie can run, Snelling can run, we don't need to wear out Turner so early. Also, we had 5 straight posessions where we ran on first down. Still, great, great win!!!

I agree that it was a great win. As for Mularkey, my only disagreement is running Turner 30 times. Mike Smith has said he'd give Turner less touches to keep him fresh. Ovie can run, Snelling can run, we don't need to wear out Turner so early. Also, we had 5 straight posessions where we ran on first down. Still, great, great win!!!

If there was a game this season to run Turner 30 times, it was this one. What was crazy is that it appeared we weren't doing much on the ground, but in the end we had over 200 yds. rushing, 176 of those by Turner and Snelling combined on 44 carries! I couldn't believe it when I saw the stats, lol!