Jamie Dukes just spent 5 minutes trashing Ryan on NFL Network

I have to admit that I don't really know who Jamie Dukes is, but from what I saw of the game today, he is either a Ryan hater, blind, a fool, or some combination of all of those things...Matt Ryan was lights out and on fire for the whole game this afternoon...he outplayed Drew Brees which isn't easy to do...you guys have a great QB in Ryan...this guy's ill-informed opinion in meaningless.

Thanks Chris. You're one of the good ones...even if your choice in teams is terrible :P

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said in another forum:

Ryan has 705 yards in 3 games this season. That's a pace to put up over 3700 yards in a season. On a pace to put up nearly 27 TDs and about 5 INTs. Vince Young has never thrown for more than 2600 yards in his career. Never more than 12 TDs in his career. Fewer TDs (35) than INTs (41) for his career. Only 2 seasons (out of 5) where he actually threw more TDs than INTs, and not by much either season.

Yeah, Dukes had a great point. I can see why he'd have a problem figuring out which QB to build a team around.

In other news, what a dumb***.

Not only that, how many times has Vince Young been benched in his career? Several. The only consistant thing about Vince Young is his inconsistency.

if 1 person give criticism on Ryan hes automatically a hater, but if some of yall talk bad about other QB's its ok??? the Ryan defenders are out in full effect

hmmm seems we've heard similar things to this before... Oh yeah I remember. Vick, soon as someone said something bad about him they were racist. Ryan has gotten alot of hate from haters on here. Time for them to STFU and deal with it. He beat the SB champs this weekend at their place. Funny thing is I bet you take the same opinion as Jaime Duke does. So answer me this question. If you had to pick a QB between V. Young and M Ryan to be your starting QB. who would it be?

Not only that, how many times has Vince Young been benched in his career? Several. The only consistant thing about Vince Young is his inconsistency.

Exactly. It's one thing to point out Ryan's room for growth in a vacuum. But to compare him to VY and go on to say "I don't know who I'd rather build a team around" shows that you are either delusional or stupid. There is just no comparison at this point. VY has 2 more years in the league and Matt Ryan's rookie season would be considered a career defining year for VY. The fact that Matt Ryan would have replicated that season had he played all 16 games last year and is on pace to exceed it this year tells me all I need to know about him. Meanwhile, VY is still trying to find that first good year.

i dont think he trash anybody both Ryan, and Young still need more work to do to become a better QB. that was just his opinion, and i thinks he knows what hes talking about he did play in the NFL.

WOW really all you have to do is play in the NFL and you know what your talking about. Can you try and make a statement that is more stupid cause that was a really stupid one.

Race has nothing to do with it Mr. small minded "Dukes will always take", "unless it" you sir just contradicted your self...... SMH

Why you shaking your head there is nothing up there to rattle.

I'd really like to hear him explain why the Falcons want or need that to change. Some teams need their QBs to be elite: the Colts, the Pats and the Saints paramount amongst them, but others are built around a balanced offense: the Steelers, the Ravens and the Jets spring to mind. That's what the Falcons are building...we're just not quite at the level of those three teams defensively. Once we are, we will be monsters indeed. The Saints NEED Drew Brees, if they lose him they will completely fall apart; I genuinely believe that. The Falcons showed last year -- and even just last week -- that they can lose pieces of the offense and just keep moving forward. No way the Saints do that.

My problem with Dukes in this is that he's not calling it like he is...he's calling like he's decided it should be. If Matt Ryan never becomes a QB in the same vein of the Breesus, Brady or Peyton the Falcons will still be gutting out these kinds of wins and getting it done.

Just my two cents.

IDK, I would like the Falcons playoff chances if we had to rely on Redmon or JPW.

hmmm seems we've heard similar things to this before... Oh yeah I remember. Vick, soon as someone said something bad about him they were racist. Ryan has gotten alot of hate from haters on here. Time for them to STFU and deal with it. He beat the SB champs this weekend at their place. Funny thing is I bet you take the same opinion as Jaime Duke does. So answer me this question. If you had to pick a QB between V. Young and M Ryan to be your starting QB. who would it be?

I would take Ryan cuz hes better starting QB right know. it seem like yall agree with him on Young but not Ryan dont make no senses, he had some Vaild points about both QB's

As I said in another forum:

Ryan has 705 yards in 3 games this season. That's a pace to put up over 3700 yards in a season. On a pace to put up nearly 27 TDs and about 5 INTs. Vince Young has never thrown for more than 2600 yards in his career. Never more than 12 TDs in his career. Fewer TDs (35) than INTs (41) for his career. Only 2 seasons (out of 5) where he actually threw more TDs than INTs, and not by much either season.

Yeah, Dukes had a great point. I can see why he'd have a problem figuring out which QB to build a team around.

In other news, what a dumb***.

exactly... He's talking about how Ryan needs a running game yet said he would take VY who has freaking Chris Johnson running for him

Stop it...

Dukes was not dissin' Ryan, he simply said why is Ryan mentioned as being elite or near elite when he, like Young, is a winning QB, but hasn't shown they can consistently win without the benefit of a prime time running game.

He went on to say, regardless of their teams defensive effort or running game, young guys like Aaron Rodgers or Philip Rivers are gonna put up big numbers. Neither Ryan or Young have done it consistently.

When asked who would you take to start a franchise he said he didn't know because Young and Ryan both bring something different to the table.

Young as a starter: 29-18 (62%)

Ryan as a starter: 22-11 (67%)

Young has the better defense, OL and plays with the best RB in football. Ryan has the better compliment of skill position players.

Lets leave it at this.

I wonder who Jef Fisher wold prefer to build a program around.

If he could be honest and have a choice.

Jamie is biast with Ryan and thats fine, he is dedicated to Vick, thats fine. Its his boy but he should knw to keep his mouth shut about Ryan when in his heart he should know he can't be fair.

Edited by BadMoonRising

As fantastic as the NFL Network's coverage is, they really need to new analysts.

I hate the idea of accusing a journalist of having an anti-team bias, but Dukes has certainly railed against us consistently in the past, with one exception this off season. I think he's a *****.

And frankly, his (misinformed) opinion does nothing to change the objective reality of the quality of football this team is playing right now.

So if they hate, then let 'em hate.

Lets leave it at this.

I wonder who Jef Fisher wold prefer to build a program around.

If he could be honest and have a choice.

Jamie is biast with Ryan and thats fine, he is dedicated to Vick, thats fine. Its his boy but he should knw to keep his mouth shut about Ryan when in his heart he should know he can't be fair.

I think he was fair.

Neither Young, nor Ryan light it up like Rodgers or Rivers. They're guys that win by being efficent and mistake free. One guys does it more from the pocket with a good deal of talent around him, the other does it with one of the best players in football. NEITHER does it/can do it without the running game behind them. Well at least they haven't provent they can.

I think he was fair.

Neither Young, nor Ryan light it up like Rodgers or Rivers. They're guys that win by being efficent and mistake free. One guys does it more from the pocket with a good deal of talent around him, the other does it with one of the best players in football. NEITHER does it/can do it without the running game behind them. Well at least they haven't provent they can.

Rivers is 1-2 on the season and just lost a game after throwing 450+ yards.

We'll see how Rodgers does tonight with Ryan Grant.

I'd rather Ryan not "light it up" and still get the win, unlike Rivers who lights it up and loses.

Stop it...

Dukes was not dissin' Ryan, he simply said why is Ryan mentioned as being elite or near elite when he, like Young, is a winning QB, but hasn't shown they can consistently win without the benefit of a prime time running game.

He went on to say, regardless of their teams defensive effort or running game, young guys like Aaron Rodgers or Philip Rivers are gonna put up big numbers. Neither Ryan or Young have done it consistently.

When asked who would you take to start a franchise he said he didn't know because Young and Ryan both bring something different to the table.

Young as a starter: 29-18 (62%)

Ryan as a starter: 22-11 (67%)

Young has the better defense, OL and plays with the best RB in football. Ryan has the better compliment of skill position players.

Thanks for clearing that up for some of these CLOWNS! It's AMAZING how folks get absolutely HOSED for having a d@mn OPINION around here!!

The TRUTH of the matter is that Ryan IS "a work in progress", as it relates to becoming an "ELITE" QB in the NFL! He's definitely off to a great start this year, but he MUST remain consistent...