Certainly seems like we got the right Coach

stoned_jc7

Interesting article about Coach Singletary out in San Fran.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Bay-Area-anchor-famous-for-Singletary-interview-?urn=nfl-272248

I for one am glad to admit that I was wrong around the time we were looking for a new HC. I was a big proponent of us trying to get Mike Singletary in as our head coach. I wasn't all that fond of Mike Smith at first, but the more I read about him and heard him speak I got on board.

Yeah, our head coach might pull a hammy trying to get to a ref. He might even get into a bit of a scuffle with a mouthy corner back. But I've yet to see him pull anything as stupid as some of the things Mike has pulled yet. It isn't that unheard of for a head coach to go a little nuts from time to time. But I prefer our coaches brand of nuts to the guy I originally wanted for our job.

Singletary just seems a little crazy to me. I think hes a good coach. His players play hard for him. They played the Saints very tough bouncing back after that loss to Seattle. Good coaching does that. I also am sure he knows the art of playing the positions and what it takes from a player's perspective. But he is the worst when it comes to the media. And I do think he should take more time studying situational processes and timeout management.

He doesn't compare to Smitty though. The great thing about Smith is that he has all that fire the players feed off of but is still able to maintain his composure when hes supposed to.

Singletary just seems a little crazy to me. I think hes a good coach. His players play hard for him. They played the Saints very tough bouncing back after that loss to Seattle. Good coaching does that. I also am sure he knows the art of playing the positions and what it takes from a player's perspective. But he is the worst when it comes to the media. And I do think he should take more time studying situational processes and timeout management.

He doesn't compare to Smitty though. The great thing about Smith is that he has all that fire the players feed off of but is still able to maintain his composure when hes supposed to.

Like taking a swing at an opposing player.

He is a great linebacker trying to play coach. I love his passion but you can tell that he needs pads to really express himself. That being said, I think he has done a decent job for the 49ers. Sometimes the smallest thing can push a man over the edge...

Brian Billick brought up an interesting point about Singletary not spending enough time as an assistant coach prior to him being named HC. He hasn't had enough time to watch other coaches handle these types of situations with the media.

The guy has spent just a few years as a linebacker coach and I think one year as a DC. Didn't coach at the college level, so he doesn't know how to properly channel his passion.

It's kind of stupid that the newscaster in that video got canned over that interview. I don't think he really did anything terrible.

To be quite honest I thought he did a fantastic job. I'm sure he wasn't expecting those kinds of responses and I thought he did a good job of staying on his toes and moving from topic to topic trying to find something that appeased him.

The thing I like about Smitty is he's always calm and pleasant during interviews.He's lost it a couple of times on the field and needs to reign it in a tad there.These guys are under an incredible amount of pressure.A crack here or there is natural.Just do it behind closed doors if possible.

The thing I like about Smitty is he's always calm and pleasant during interviews.He's lost it a couple of times on the field and needs to reign it in a tad there.These guys are under an incredible amount of pressure.A crack here or there is natural.Just do it behind closed doors if possible.

And he keeps his pants on.

Fixed :P

Brian Billick brought up an interesting point about Singletary not spending enough time as an assistant coach prior to him being named HC. He hasn't had enough time to watch other coaches handle these types of situations with the media.

The guy has spent just a few years as a linebacker coach and I think one year as a DC. Didn't coach at the college level, so he doesn't know how to properly channel his passion.

Brian Billick's words would hold more water if he wasn't out of work. The guy is desperate to be a head coach again and still bitter he didn't get the call from Buffalo.

I think Singletary is a great coach, he's just probably not good at being a head coach. Similar to the man that he worked under, Mike Nolan. Nolan is great DC, but poor HC. Look at the LB's that Singletary has coached/developed: Ray Lewis, Adalius Thomas, Bart Scott, Terrell Suggs, and Patrick Willis. I would not mind having him in to coach our LB's.