Interesting QB Thought

Drathdon

So I was thinking.

Last week (and now this week) out of 32 NFL teams, 4 teams had QB's starting that were drafted by the Atlanta Falcons.

Ryan, Schaub, Vick, and Favre, or 1/8 of all starting NFL QB's.

And while there is debate on the matter, all 4 can be considered successful.

Just an interesting observation. Has any other team seen such proliferation of their QB picks before?

So I was thinking.

Last week (and now this week) out of 32 NFL teams, 4 teams had QB's starting that were drafted by the Atlanta Falcons.

Just an interesting observation. Has any other team seen such proliferation of their QB picks before?

Nice. Never thought of that. Too bad most of them haven't shined in an Atlanta uniform.

So I was thinking.

Are these your thoughts? Or borrowed from some site.. :-)

No, my actual thoughts. I was looking at the highlights of other games at halftime, and made the comment to my daughter about players on other teams that were once Falcons.

When I realized it, I was surprised no one was mentioning anything about it anywhere. As the week has gone on, I decided to post about it. As soon as you hear it, you instantly think "yeah, I knew that" - but then you instantly realize how amazingly strange that is, and wonder why more people aren't mentioning it.

Atlanta is a quarterback factory

September, 23, 2010

By Pat Yasinskas

You don’t generally think of Atlanta as a quarterback factory.

But the pure numbers will tell you otherwise. Of the quarterbacks expected to start around the league this week, four of them were drafted by the Falcons.

Minnesota’s Brett Favre was taken in 1991. The Falcons drafted Philadelphia’s Michael Vick in 2001 and Houston’s Matt Schaub in 2004. They were taken by different regimes and each left for different reasons that made sense at the time.

The Falcons also drafted their current starter, Matt Ryan, in 2008.