For the Geetar Players - New Pedal Day

Mr. Hoopah!

danelectro_cool_cat_transparent_overdrive_v2_cto2_58.jpg

Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive V.2. Picked it up for $49.95 off of an Amazon seller. I dig it. Since I'm in an apartment till May and can't turn up my Blues Jr., I leave this on for a slight volume boost and for a little breakup. It lives up to it's name, it's completely transparent to my ears, it sounds like the amp cranked up into overdrive. From there I'm stacking it with either my MXR Classic OD or Dano Cool Cat Drive for lead tones. It's behind those two pedals but before my Ibanez AD-9 Delay.

Going to sell the Cool Cat Drive, and I think I've decided I want a Rat for my higher gain tones. I'd love a big muff or fuzz face or something similar, but from everything I've read those really only sound good at stage volume and sound like farting into a jar of mayonnaise at bedroom volume, whereas the Rat can decently cop those pedals at bedroom volumes. Trying to find a 90's model as the new ones are built in China, don't have the LM 308 chip, and generally sound like farting into a jar of mayonnaise.

danelectro_cool_cat_transparent_overdrive_v2_cto2_58.jpg

Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive V.2. Picked it up for $49.95 off of an Amazon seller. I dig it. Since I'm in an apartment till May and can't turn up my Blues Jr., I leave this on for a slight volume boost and for a little breakup. It lives up to it's name, it's completely transparent to my ears, it sounds like the amp cranked up into overdrive. From there I'm stacking it with either my MXR Classic OD or Dano Cool Cat Drive for lead tones. It's behind those two pedals but before my Ibanez AD-9 Delay.

Going to sell the Cool Cat Drive, and I think I've decided I want a Rat for my higher gain tones. I'd love a big muff or fuzz face or something similar, but from everything I've read those really only sound good at stage volume and sound like farting into a jar of mayonnaise at bedroom volume, whereas the Rat can decently cop those pedals at bedroom volumes. Trying to find a 90's model as the new ones are built in China, don't have the LM 308 chip, and generally sound like farting into a jar of mayonnaise.

been known to love a big muff or two myself.

I think the only pedal I still own is the orange DOD distortion, just pure metal fuzz. :P

I rarely play electric anymore. :(