IS THIS THE MOST CONFIDENT WE HAVE EVER BEEN FACING A WORLD CHAMP?

I had an odd uneasiness before the Pittsburgh game ... even though I think we are the better team ... and at times showed it on the field ... but we had no swagger. And it killed us.

That lack of confidence manifested itself in the first overly conservative decision I have seen from Smitty - not to go for it on 4 and 1 from the 5 - especially with enough time for contingencies. But I digress.

I sense confidence going into this 2 for 1 match-up Sunday ... not just among the fanbase ... but in player interviews.

... it is time to seize this opportunity to reestablish who rules the NFC South and is the class of the NFC.

There's a much higher level of familiarity between these teams than there is between the Falcons and the Steelers, for example. Our guys know exactly what the saints can and can't do.

True ... but I did not sense the same level of confidence when facing the Carolina Panthers when they were make their deep run.

Or Tampa Bay for that matter...

I am extremely confident but it has nothing to do with how the aints have played their first 2 games.

I am confident becasue of our D. The aints like to throw it and we have 3 good cover guys in Dunta, Owens, and Grimes. We have 2 rangy playmakers in Decoud and Moore. And if you go back and re-watch the Cards game ofcourse Willy Mo picked 1 dropped another but you will see they throw an out route and Willy Mo breaks on it, looks as if he is going to get pick number 2 but Larry bumped in to him and they both went down.

Spoon was going to cover Reggie anyways now we have another guy that can roam the middle of the field and lay some wood and he is another pass rusheer at times. We know Curt will bring the hammer as will Mike P.

But we got a lot of presure last week, if we duplicate that then we will make plays on D. Brees is one of the best in the league but constant pressure will force bad throws and a bad throw around Dunta, OWens, and Grimes could mean a pick. And a short throw across the middle could mean Willy Mo or Decoud might kill someone.

But we got a lot of presure last week, if we duplicate that then we will make plays on D. Brees is one of the best in the league but constant pressure will force bad throws and a bad throw around Dunta, OWens, and Grimes could mean a pick. And a short throw across the middle could mean Willy Mo or Decoud might kill someone.

We actually got good pressure both weeks ...

pressure is good, but against brees, pressure isn't going to cut it. He has one of the top traits that make him elite. the ability to sense pressure, roll away from it or buy that extra split second and still make accurate throws.

Anderson got rattled because of the pressure and hits, Brees won't. We will have to get sacks, not just pressure.

The Falcons need to get that A gap pressure on Brees like the 49ers did. It made him a little uncomfortable, forced him to get out of the pocket some, and they even batted down some passes. Brees isn't a tall guy.

Jahri Evans and Carl Nicks will be a handful up the middle. They might be the best guard tandem in the NFL.

I was VERY confident against the Squealers the year after they won..and we laid the make down on them and had Roth crying we were mocking him when he got knocked out

Ben was recovering from a motorcycle accident and an appendectomy. He played pretty poorly all throughout 2006 because of this.

Keep in mind if Ben were playing week 1 you guys would have been destroyed. Despite how impressive our team looks on D we're playing at 50 percent. Our whole offense revolves around our QB.

Edited by DanRooney

I had an odd uneasiness before the Pittsburgh game ... even though I think we are the better team ... and at times showed it on the field ... but we had no swagger. And it killed us.

That lack of confidence manifested itself in the first overly conservative decision I have seen from Smitty - not to go for it on 4 and 1 from the 5 - especially with enough time for contingencies. But I digress.

I sense confidence going into this 2 for 1 match-up Sunday ... not just among the fanbase ... but in player interviews.

... it is time to seize this opportunity to reestablish who rules the NFC South and is the class of the NFC.

Ben was recovering from a motorcycle accident and an appendectomy. He played pretty poorly all throughout 2006 because of this.

Keep in mind if Ben were playing week 1 you guys would have been destroyed. Despite how impressive our team looks on D we're playing at 50 percent. Our whole offense revolves around our QB.

Who fault was it that Big Ben wasn't playin? Right now you are just throwing out speculation. How do you know Big Ben would have not did worse? Any given Sunday.

The only thing that's getting on my nerves are all the talking heads that are picking us to win. Nothing better than that (aside bulletin board material) to get the home team jacked up! The love is nice but I would rather fly under the radar for this game.

I normally would like us to catch teams by surprise but, I doubt that's possible after our surprising season of 2008. This team needs to have a swagger of confidence going into opposing teams stadiums and serve notice to the rest of the NFL that we are a force to be reckoned with.

I normally would like us to catch teams by surprise but, I doubt that's possible after our surprising season of 2008. This team needs to have a swagger of confidence going into opposing teams stadiums and serve notice to the rest of the NFL that we are a force to be reckoned with.

You hit the nail on the head.

Swagger ... Or lack thereof... Is the precise reason we lost in Pitt.

Who fault was it that Big Ben wasn't playin? Right now you are just throwing out speculation. How do you know Big Ben would have not did worse? Any given Sunday.

Yeah and Curtis Painter would be just as good this week in place of Peyton Manning :rolleyes:

Ben is a top tier QB in this league. Dixon is about as good as Pat White and should be following him out of the league pretty soon.

Yeah and Curtis Painter would be just as good this week in place of Peyton Manning :rolleyes:

Ben is a top tier QB in this league. Dixon is about as good as Pat White and should be following him out of the league pretty soon.

According to what you are saying Ben is top tier QB which I can agree on. Even top tier QB have bad games. You still are making speculations. The thing you're bases this off of, is that Falcons played a 3rd string QB. I'm going to show how this works. Should've could've would've doesn't mean nothing. I'm not taking anything away from Ben. I can only go by what I notice on the field. And last time I check Big Ben was not on the field in the Steelers game against the Falcons. Intil you have proof that Ben played against the Falcons this year, destroyed or shut them out you really don't have anything.