The Saints will be running the ball

Whoa whoa whoa. Teams try to improve their game and fix problems in practice not in games.

This isn't a preseason game. They can't afford to keep running the ball to get a stat up. Teams game plan around their weaknesses they don't stubbornly say well I have to get this fixed to improve a stat.

They will try to run the ball. They will do it many times to try and test us. If we show up like we have been they will go to the passing game because they care more about winning than stats.

because of where they rank, they are going to try and improve on that. in practice yes, which means in the game as well at some point. look man, i never said they were going to run the ball more than pass. show me where if I did. all i'm saying is i see them running the ball more than we expect. it's an assumption. jesus. improve a stat, translates to an improved team which gives you a better chance of winning.

Edited by alexander1.9.71
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. They look at the games. Peyton wants to run the ball against us effectively so he has to watch and see if he can find cracks that other treams have not exploited. He will also take note that the plays against us for marching down the field that have worked so far have been short passing plays.

I don't have to be a member of the team to know that no head coach is as STUPID as you seem to think they are. Overall stats this early in the season are MEANINGLESS.

Do you even know what an effective running game is? It is not a couple of big plays it is pounding it out for 4, 5, 6, 7 yards at a time. Which game did you watch where that seemed to be effecive against us?

Exactly. That's not the taints strongest suite, pounding the ball. And the taints is very weak at the RB postion. especially sense the taints don't have Reggie Bust in the back field, which.... the taints was not going to pound him any way. Thomas on the other hand, is not your typical powerback either. So who are they going to pound ball with, against falcons? Last time I check the Falcons was not horrific stopping the run. The only thing that is twinklin for the taints is Drew Brees. We put the heat on him it's over, period. So I look for the taints to be airing out, on offense. And for the record the taints have to be worried about their run D, not the falcons. I hope the taints play some good run D like they played the 49ers. :lol:

If Michael Turner averaged 3 yds a carry by week six, from those stats, which are a reflection of production, you don't think the Falcons would look more to Snelling? Vince Young got benched for lack luster play which translates to bad stats. Same for Campbell. Vick is starting cause look at his production, which again translates to his stats. Momma says, Momma says, "you don't know what you are talking about. Football is war,and war is tactful.

World English Dictionary tact (tækt) dictionary_questionbutton_default.gifn 1. a sense of what is fitting and considerate in dealing with others, so as to avoid giving offence or to win good will; discretion 2. skill or judgment in handling difficult or delicate situations; diplomacy.

How is war tactful? Football is all about "gving offence" to the other team. Being concerned about another's feelings is not part of the game at all.

Game plans are about imposing your will on another team, dictating what happens. That's not tactful or diplomatic.

I don't think running the ball against us is gonna be their game plan. Especially with Bush out, they can't afford to wear out Pierre Thomas. However, I do think our defense is stout even against the run. We were up against 2 really fast RB's in Mendenhall and Hightower and Weatherspoon and Grimes both took bad angles on those plays. I think they'll be better statistically against the run.

However, we need to shut down the intermediate game against Brees cause that's what's killed us. We'll see what Weatherspoon and Moore can change for the d

World English Dictionary tact (tækt) dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif n 1. a sense of what is fitting and considerate in dealing with others, so as to avoid giving offence or to win good will; discretion 2. skill or judgment in handling difficult or delicate situations; diplomacy.

How is war tactful? Football is all about "gving offence" to the other team. Being concerned about another's feelings is not part of the game at all.

Game plans are about imposing your will on another team, dictating what happens. That's not tactful or diplomatic.

tact=discretion

I never said they would run the ball more than pass. i said expect them to run the ball more than we think, expect. use descretion (tact), to avoid another big play.

Edited by alexander1.9.71

I don't think running the ball against us is gonna be their game plan. Especially with Bush out, they can't afford to wear out Pierre Thomas. However, I do think our defense is stout even against the run. We were up against 2 really fast RB's in Mendenhall and Hightower and Weatherspoon and Grimes both took bad angles on those plays. I think they'll be better statistically against the run.

However, we need to shut down the intermediate game against Brees cause that's what's killed us. We'll see what Weatherspoon and Moore can change for the d

I never said they would run the ball more than pass. i said expect them to run the ball more than we think, expect. use descretion (tact), to avoid another big play.

It is odd, exact same play. I chalk the one against the Cardinals up to an inexperienced Owens.

Actually the Cards did a good job blocking on that play.

DeCoud was almost able to make a stop on that play. When he got there someone was getting blocked in his direction and he had to jump over them as they were falling. It just happens that this was also the exact time that Hightower was there so Decoud wasn't able to make the play.

Their fullback made a good block on Moore I think and Lofton was completely taken out of the play by one of their linemen... actually that may have been who DeCoud had to jump over.

The two games of the season where there were big running plays. No your right, teams don't try to exploit the trends of weakness displayed by teams. I think you are nuts to think that they don't look at every stat. So, you don't think that teams notice we throw the ball to Roddy the majority of the time. Cause I remember an interception by Troy in the season opener. Peyton hasn't thought at any point, I wonder how we get our big run? Stats are completely meaningless? You don't think teams look at Manning's attempts so far this season and say they are going to be throwing the ball. If you dont go off statistics and trends what do you calculate from? The gut? c'mon.

Stats matter to a certain degree. But you also have game flim.

Actually the Cards did a good job blocking on that play.

DeCoud was almost able to make a stop on that play. When he got there someone was getting blocked in his direction and he had to jump over them as they were falling. It just happens that this was also the exact time that Hightower was there so Decoud wasn't able to make the play.

Their fullback made a good block on Moore I think and Lofton was completely taken out of the play by one of their linemen... actually that may have been who DeCoud had to jump over.

it was a good play.

It's hard to watch the games and say we're bad against the run. You can't just look at stats. Those numbers are off because of 2 big runs. You take away the 50+ yarder from Mendenhall and the 75+ or whatever it was from Hightower, we have shut down the run. I wonder what the stats would look like if you took away those two big plays? Stop the big plays and we have a pretty good lookin defense.

Pretty much right on it. We've given up 2 big runs total this year, outside of those 2 runs, our D is giving up 3.11 ypc, which would put us at #9 in the NFL.

Exactly. That's not the taints strongest suite, pounding the ball. And the taints is very weak at the RB postion. especially sense the taints don't have Reggie Bust in the back field, which.... the taints was not going to pound him any way. Thomas on the other hand, is not your typical powerback either. So who are they going to pound ball with, against falcons? Last time I check the Falcons was not horrific stopping the run. The only thing that is twinklin for the taints is Drew Brees. We put the heat on him it's over, period. So I look for the taints to be airing out, on offense. And for the record the taints have to be worried about their run D, not the falcons. I hope the taints play some good run D like they played the 49ers. :lol:

expect hem to run the ball more than we think. that's all i said. will still pass more than run.

reggie Bush is a situational back that is more effective catching the ball in open space. Pierre Thomas is their true running back and he is healthy. The saints are going to play a control game against us, running the ball. Since when is Reggie Bush considered an elite RUNNING BACK? Familiar with our secondary? Chris Owens, William Moore and Dunta Robinson? Really that's 3 out 4 new players dude. They are not familiar with this new d at all. sorry.

When did anybody say Reggie Bust is elite? :huh:

Backpedaling I see. So how much is more than we think? 2 or 3 percent more? Give us a number oh master of stats and trends.

youre arguing with me as if i said they were going to run the ball the whole game which i never said. they do not want to be predictable, we know that. therefore i expect them to run the ball more than we expect. especially with the possibility of a home run to the right side. how am i back peddling?

youre arguing with me as if i said they were going to run the ball the whole game which i never said. they do not want to be predictable, we know that. therefore i expect them to run the ball more than we expect. especially with the possibility of a home run to the right side. how am i back peddling?

More could be 1 more running play than we expect. Did you start a thread to warn everyone that they would be running an additional play? You are the stats and trend master... give us a number. Based on this hard evidence of being bottom 10 in the league after 2 games against the run how many more running plays are they planning?

More could be 1 more running play than we expect. Did you start a thread to warn everyone that they would be running an additional play? You are the stats and trend master... give us a number. Based on this hard evidence of being bottom 10 in the league after 2 games against the run how many more running plays are they planning?

5-10 being that the top 15 offenses are averaging 55-69 attempts through 2 games. they want to get back to a top team as a whole. like I said, they will pass more than run, they are the saints. i do expect them to rush the ball 5-10 more times than their average right now. good enough for you?

expect hem to run the ball more than we think. that's all i said. will still pass more than run.

Sounds like you are saying we got exposed a little bit when it came down to run. Let me guess? your bases this off of, the two big runs in the Cards and Steelers game. Besides those two Huge runs, the Falcons did a pretty good job stoppin the run. But that's not huge factor in the Taints offense. I think the falcons will see more screens than anything. I understand what you mean about Thomas, but the taints are not going to pound him more than you think. The Taints are thin at the postion which, makes the taints more conserative.

Edited by The Birds are the truth

5-10 being that the top 15 offenses are averaging 55-69 attempts through 2 games. they want to get back to a top team as a whole. like I said, they will pass more than run, they are the saints. i do expect them to rush the ball 5-10 more times than their average right now. good enough for you?

10 more times? You sure you want to have 10 at the higher part of your range? Maybe you need to do a little more research. 10 more running plays in either game this year would have them running more than passing. I was sure you said that you DO NOT expect them to run more than pass.

Maybe 5 more attempts which puts them very close to even. So did this thread accomplish what you wanted? All of his stat nonsense for possibly 5 more running plays?

Sounds like you are saying we got exposed a little bit when it came down to run. Let me guess? your bases this off of, the two big runs in the Cards and Steelers game. Besides those two Huge runs, the Falcons did a pretty good job stoppin the run. But that's not huge factor in the Taints offense. I think the falcons will see more screens than anything. I understand what you mean about Thomas, but the taints are not going to pound him pound more than you think. The Taints are thin at the postion which, makes the taints more conserative.

they absolutely did a good job on defense those two games. i am basing this theory off two things:1) b/c we have given up the home run, i imagine this plays into the saints mindset, "wouldn't it be nice to get a cheap one being they have given it up in two games to the right side." 2) they rank 31st in rushing, 12th in passing. they want their passing game to be top 5, of course, you have brees. the best qb in the league in MY opinion. its an opinion, don't need to into a rant over that one. its the oldest saying in the book, you have to run the ball well, not incredible, to set up the passing game. therefore, as it was requested from me, i think the saints will run the ball 5-10 more times this game to help set up the pass.we need to prepare for that, thats all. don't want to give up a big one again.