Bucs S Tanard Jackson suspended for at least 1 year for violating NFL Substance Abuse Policy

BlacksburgHokie

I don't understand these guys, your playing football for MILLIONS of dollars. Knowing this they continually put themselves in situations that either get them arrested or they fail a drug test. I can't believe their agents are not all over these guys, because they're losing money as well.

I'm sorry smoking a joint is not worth $7,000,000 I don't care how good it is.

I don't understand these guys, your playing football for MILLIONS of dollars. Knowing this they continually put themselves in situations that either get them arrested or they fail a drug test. I can't believe their agents are not all over these guys, because they're losing money as well.

I'm sorry smoking a joint is not worth $7,000,000 I don't care how good it is.

An indefinite suspension sounds more like a PED violation to me. Don't know the details on this incident, and I also don't know if Jackson has previous history. Anybody got the scoop?

• 6 months later...

An indefinite suspension sounds more like a PED violation to me. Don't know the details on this incident, and I also don't know if Jackson has previous history. Anybody got the scoop?

Tanard is a very impressive player. I wish the Falcons would try to pick him up, I think he'd be a good fit; we could use a dynamic playmaker like that in the secondary.

And more often than not...that joint is worth it @_@

Tanard is a very impressive player. I wish the Falcons would try to pick him up, I think he'd be a good fit; we could use a dynamic playmaker like that in the secondary.

And more often than not...that joint is worth it @_@

William Moore is a dynamic playmaker in our secondary. No way TD is bringing this guy in.

No way TD is bringing this guy in.

Well 300 + yards passing for Aaron Rodgers in the Divisional round says TD should consider it....our pass D was non-existent in that game, if we want to win playoff games consistently, that's got to change. Alot of positive changes have been made to the offensive side of the ball, its time to build up that D this off season.

You seem to be of the idea that if it's not broke, dont fix it...the thing is ATL's secondary is broke and needs fixing NOW

Edited by FalconFan87

Well 300 + yards passing for Aaron Rodgers in the Divisional round says TD should consider it....

300+ yds wouldn't have happened if we wrapped up Rodgers like we came ever so close to multiple times. Give 50% of the QB's in the league that much time and see what secondary can hold on that long. Receivers already have an advantage and with each tick of the play clock that advantage increases!

No...Rodgers will basically do that to most defenses...IMO...

300+ yds wouldn't have happened if we wrapped up Rodgers like we came ever so close to multiple times. Give 50% of the QB's in the league that much time and see what secondary can hold on that long. Receivers already have an advantage and with each tick of the play clock that advantage increases!

Sure but would you rather put your chances of winning on your DT and DE? who can be blocked, or avoided, by good aware QB's like was the case all Divisional Round, or would you rather put your chances of winning on tight coverage, speed that negates speed, tying up top receiving options and buying the pass rush a split second longer? Thats what we needed last season, I think its why we got beat so bad by the Packers. Pressure's no good if it doesnt get there, ours just wasnt getting there.

What I think some of you are not considering is better pass coverage will make our pass rush better, because our pass rushers will have that extra second to get there, and as we know, that can make all the difference.

Edited by FalconFan87

So this was the second Substance offense by Tanard. First one he was suspended for the first 4 games of the 2009 season. Tard. No way he beats the filter to come here.

Tampa Tribune Link

"Jackson was entering the final year of his contract and was scheduled to earn $550,000 this year. His suspension will cost him approximately $480,000. It will also cost him a year of service time and the right to become an unrestricted free agent after this season, so the Bucs will retain his rights through the 2011 season."

Edited by van note

Well 300 + yards passing for Aaron Rodgers in the Divisional round says TD should consider it....

You are wrong. Simple as that. We will not go for somebody like this as long as football is played on the planet earth. Dont know how else to tell you how unlikely that is.

No way TD is bringing this guy in.

Well 300 + yards passing for Aaron Rodgers in the Divisional round says TD should consider it....our pass D was non-existent in that game, if we want to win playoff games consistently, that's got to change. Alot of positive changes have been made to the offensive side of the ball, its time to build up that D this off season.

You seem to be of the idea that if it's not broke, dont fix it...the thing is ATL's secondary is broke and needs fixing NOW

No, my idea is that TD doesn't bring in guys serving on their second NFL drug suspension. I never said anything about not fixing/upgrading our secondary.