New Orleans steals Rise Up.

So I get home this evening and turn on my tv. ESPN is on as usual but what do I see?

A documentary called "Rise Up" about a school in New Orleans rebuilding its athletic program after Katrina.

Heres the link.

http://rise.espn.go.com/all-sports/articles/RISE-UP/2010/09/RISE-UP-main-page.aspx

Am I wrong in being a little mad about the title?

So I get home this evening and turn on my tv. ESPN is on as usual but what do I see?

A documentary called "Rise Up" about a school in New Orleans rebuilding its athletic program after Katrina.

Heres the link.

http://rise.espn.go.com/all-sports/articles/RISE-UP/2010/09/RISE-UP-main-page.aspx

Am I wrong in being a little mad about the title?

It was an ESPN program named RISE UP. The show will feature different inner city schools that have improved thanks to volunteers. Even Atlanta has crappy, sorry inner city public schools.Yes, it's true.A great show like that, and all you got out of it was that it was in New Orleans. Maybe it's because of the color of their skin.Maybe that's your problem. Pay attention.

lol.. it was an ESPN show title, Saints had nothing to do with that, why ya'll so sensitive?

Ya'll really think New Orleans is like Atlanta with it's lack of Uniqueness to use something as cliche' as "Rise up"? Wow that's creative never been used by anyone before ya'll lol.. c'mon now..

And for the guy with the Who Dey/Who dat.. It's probably best you do research before spewing ignorance..

Who Dat goes back farther than either football club, it was used by Southern Jaguars in the 60's, When Saints came around they didn't start using it until the team started winning in the 80's, Bengals came up with the Who Dey chant sometime in the 80's as well so, so the credit goes to Southern Jaguars, and Cinn people don't have no twang or southern swag to come up with something like that on their own anyway lol, so a little common sense should play a part in who used it first as well, the phrase is old southern dialect jacked up English style..

Have any of you taken a good whiff while walking down Bourbon Street?

They ought to call anything New Orleans-related "Throw Up." :lol:

What's funny about that is, the last ime I was out in Buck Head, they wanted to be just like Bourbon Street..They even tried to give me these cheap a$$ Mardi Gras beads, that I wouldn't throw from the float of the parade that I ride in...

Doesn't surprise me at all...they stole "Who Dey" from Cincy and turned it into "Who Dat"

Hate to break it to ya but... I'm from Cincy and, ah, we stole it from New Orleans after the first Super Bowl season in 82. "Who Dat" was around before "Who Dey."

I am a solid Falcon fan but, gotta tell ya, it's getting pretty embarrassing on this board in terms of petty swipes at New Orleans. Why so many troll this board is beyond me, but maybe it's because they are being fed so well?

Sunday is going to be a tough game -- they always are. I like our chances because the defense seems to be finally coming together. But a cakewalk? Ah, not by a longshot.

lol.. it was an ESPN show title, Saints had nothing to do with that, why ya'll so sensitive?

Ya'll really think New Orleans is like Atlanta with it's lack of Uniqueness to use something as cliche' as "Rise up"? Wow that's creative never been used by anyone before ya'll lol.. c'mon now..

And for the guy with the Who Dey/Who dat.. It's probably best you do research before spewing ignorance..

Who Dat goes back farther than either football club, it was used by Southern Jaguars in the 60's, When Saints came around they didn't start using it until the team started winning in the 80's, Bengals came up with the Who Dey chant sometime in the 80's as well so, so the credit goes to Southern Jaguars, and Cinn people don't have no twang or southern swag to come up with something like that on their own anyway lol, so a little common sense should play a part in who used it first as well, the phrase is old southern dialect jacked up English style..

I'm not going to pretend I know about the "Jaguars" and Who Dat. I do know that Who Dey started in the Bengals first Superbowl season. It was a chant started by the Cincinnati brewery Hudepohl, who also owned a stake in the Bengals with Paul Brown. There were commercials, heck there still are, of random Cincinnatians chanting "Who Dey' in the streets, in 1980. Unfortunately, I live in Cincinnati and have had to endure that cursed chant for over 30 years.

I'm not going to pretend I know about the "Jaguars" and Who Dat. I do know that Who Dey started in the Bengals first Superbowl season. It was a chant started by the Cincinnati brewery Hudepohl, who also owned a stake in the Bengals with Paul Brown. There were commercials, heck there still are, of random Cincinnatians chanting "Who Dey' in the streets, in 1980. Unfortunately, I live in Cincinnati and have had to endure that cursed chant for over 30 years.

Yes and 30 years later it's still debatable who was using it first, "Who Dat" originated in Louisiana, first used as a chant by Southern Jaguars in the 60's, it went: ""Who dat talkin' 'bout beatin' dem Jags.".

Saints and Bengals adopted similar chants during winning seasons, Saints had their first winning season in 83 and thats when it started getting used in New Orleans, Bengals adopted their phrase from Red Frazier Ford which went: “Who’s going to give you a better deal than Red Frazier?...Nobody!”

Their fan's later down the line took that phrase and made it into a similar to "Who Dat" game day chant.

Louisianians know where "Who Dat" started and it didn't start with the Saints it ended with the Saints.

Edited by SaintsWrath