Owens should be permanent starter

hawkeye

I think its only a matter of time before Owens forces his way into the 2nd spot. I love Grimes but his height makes him a liablity against big time no.2 recivers. Wouldn't be surprised to see Franks at 3 or 4 by the end of the year either.

:o:D I can't remember the last time we had this kind of bounty at CB. Feels nice!

LOL

Grimes is taller than Owens, foo!

If you're gonna argue for Owens taking Grimes job, at least make a real point about it.

Really? Could have swore Owens was a good few inches taller

Whelp thier profiles says Grimes is indeed an inch taller, hmmm I did not know that. Still I stick by my point that Owens will eventually earn the job.

I'm not going to get caught up in who should start over the other because i think they have both been playing well and i trust our coaches to put the right guy in at the right spot...im just excited that both of these guys are coming into their own and we have talent at this position which we havent had in a long time

I'm not going to get caught up in who should start over the other because i think they have both been playing well and i trust our coaches to put the right guy in at the right spot...im just excited that both of these guys are coming into their own and we have talent at this position which we havent had in a long time

End of thread! +1

Great point

Yea it is but my ? is what have Grimes done too lose the job??? - Him nor Dunta are giving up big plays down field! - Just because Owens got a INT so he should be the starter now! - C'MON MAN!

Grimes has been decent so far this year ( Think I saw Fintz own him for 20+ yards but I can't prove that). Last year he'd have games where he'd almost look like a probowler and other days where Wideouts would just nudge him out of the way. He's a great Corner to have but where we're at now is probally his roof whereas I think Owens can go so much futher. He's not ready for number 2 yet but I think by this time next year he may have it.

All I gotta say, is this is a good issue to have.

Its a great problem to be arguing about the one's we have and not deciding who should be cut and someone else brought in. Has Brian Williams seen the feild yet. Have'nt really noticed him yet (which I guess is a good thing as far as corners go).

Grimes has been decent so far this year ( Think I saw Fintz own him for 20+ yards but I can't prove that). Last year he'd have games where he'd almost look like a probowler and other days where Wideouts would just nudge him pout of the way. He's a great Corner to have but where we're at now is probally is roof whereas I think Owens can go so much futher. He's not ready for number 2 yet but I think by this time next year he may have it.

Fitz had a 29 yard reception on Arizona's 2nd possession when Dunta dropped him in zone coverage. Don't really know if that was his fault or the LB.

After that Fitz didn't have another catch longer than 9 yards until midway through the 4th quarter. He had an 18 yarder on his last catch, but I don't remember that play off the top my head.

Grimes and Dunta both had great games. Neither is losing their job anytime soon. Corners don't lose their jobs when teams go a whole game giving up no 3rd down conversions and only 11 first downs.

Its a great problem to be arguing about the one's we have and not deciding who should be cut and someone else brought in. Has Brian Williams seen the feild yet. Have'nt really noticed him yet (which I guess is a good thing as far as corners go).

Yes. When Owens went out vs. Cardinals with the back problems, Williams got some playing time.

I think its only a matter of time before Owens forces his way into the 2nd spot. I love Grimes but his height makes him a liablity against big time no.2 recivers. Wouldn't be surprised to see Franks at 3 or 4 by the end of the year either.

:o:D I can't remember the last time we had this kind of bounty at CB. Feels nice!

:huh:

Wow, we have such an uneducated fan base who think they are all experts.....

DO YOU NOT KNOW, THEY ARE THE SAME HEIGHT!?!?

I'm assuming you're stating that you want him to start over Grimes... Just because Grimes hasn't got an interception yet doesn't mean he isn't playing good. How many catches has Grimes given up this year? 2? Grimes has been shutting down his side of the field. Plus, I think Owens is hurt...

Don't know about the OP but I'm not saying that at all. What I'm saying is that I bealive that in due time it will be Owens spot. I think they're about equal athletically, Grimes probally has a better knowledge of the position (which is why he's starting), but Owens can be more physical (which actually made me think Owens was taller but alas he is an inch shorter).

Really? Could have swore Owens was a good few inches taller

Whelp thier profiles says Grimes is indeed an inch taller, hmmm I did not know that. Still I stick by my point that Owens will eventually earn the job.

he is just being a butt plug. most people believe grimes is closer to 5-8 and indeed shorter than owens regardless of what any listing says.

i would like to see them standing side by side.