The Saints are Beatable

Falcon Freddie

Well, they are.

Not that I discount the New Orleans Saints as formidable opponents. Nor am I blinded by Sundays Cardinals-Falcons game, where the Falcons rolled over a Cardinals lineup that would have had problems with many college teams.

However, anyone who watched both the Vikings-Saints and the Saints-Niners games had to come away with the notion that the Saints are quite vulnerable. To paraphrase Denny Green, the Vikings were fairly much who I thought they were, and I believe if the Niners played the Saints later in the season the Niners probably would win. Sunday's game should be a stellar matchup – if it is not FOX's premier game it will only be because the Saints have already had two prime-time games.

Sunday I will enter the Louisiana Superdome, in full Falcons regalia, anticipating to see a Falcons victory over the Saints. This Falcons team is very capable of fulfilling that expectation.

Well, they are.

Not that I discount the New Orleans Saints as formidable opponents. Nor am I blinded by Sundays Cardinals-Falcons game, where the Falcons rolled over a Cardinals lineup that would have had problems with many college teams.

However, anyone who watched both the Vikings-Saints and the Saints-Niners games had to come away with the notion that the Saints are quite vulnerable. To paraphrase Denny Green, the Vikings were fairly much who I thought they were, and I believe if the Niners played the Saints later in the season the Niners probably would win. Sunday's game should be a stellar matchup – if it is not FOX's premier game it will only be because the Saints have already had two prime-time games.

Sunday I will enter the Louisiana Superdome, in full Falcons regalia, anticipating to see a Falcons victory over the Saints. This Falcons team is very capable of fulfilling that expectation.

The Niners would have beaten the Saints last night if they hadn't spent the whole game stepping on their own dikcs. Four fumbles (two lost), two INTs, a muffed punt to set up the Saints in the red zone, and a botched snap for a safety. That's usually the formula for a blowout.

Where is the Saints message boards? I went to there web-site and it looks as if they dont even have a message board.

No wonder the Saints are all over here they dont have a message board of there own.

Blackandgold.com and Saintsreport.com and we have Falcon fans flocking there so decided to use my long time membership that i've had even longer than most of the so called falcon fans (under DNINC) here to log in and chat.. so where ya' gettin at?

Edited by SaintsWrath

Well, they are.

Any team in the NFL is beatable. It's all about match-ups and unfortunately the Birds do not match up well defensively and we already know what to expect from Matt "death by a thousand 10yrd hooks routes" Ryan. Just have to hope he keeps it around 2 ints instead of the implosion I expect.

Any team in the NFL is beatable. It's all about match-ups and unfortunately the Birds do not match up well defensively and we already know what to expect from Matt "death by a thousand 10yrd hooks routes" Ryan. Just have to hope he keeps it around 2 ints instead of the implosion I expect.

Listen up Betty Boo!! the Falcons are not going to shoot themselves in the foot like the niners. Only thing we have to do is stop Brees from making those skip to my lue azz screens. That's the only thing that opens up taints Offense. Your running game aint worth, two dead flies smash. And you talk about our Defense :lol: when clearly you have a problem with the run. Frank Gore did exactly what his name saids.....He Gored the **** out of the taints and they didn't do Chit about it. If you don't get that run Defense together, it's going to be a long day for your precious little taints.

Edited by The Birds are the truth

It seems like the league is catching up to what Payton likes to do on offense. I think the Saints are much like the Rams were when they were the greatest show on turf. We have to be physical with the receivers on defense, and get into Brees face. I think our secondary is better than the Niners. I think we can win this game, and with a win in NO, we can sweep them in Atlanta. It's going to be a good battle tho.

Edited by bighurt

It seems like the league is catching up to what Payton likes to do on offense. I think the Saints are much like the Rams were when they were the greatest show on turf. We have to be physical with the receivers on defense, and get into Brees face. I think our secondary is better than the Niners. I think we can win this game, and with a win in NO, we can sweep them in Atlanta. It's going to be a good battle tho.

they are a gimmicky offense. they live off of fooling the defense.

Well, they are.

Every team is beatable. The fact is, that if the Falcons are going to beat the Taints, then they are going to have to play a near Flawless game. The Taints are still very good and unflappable in tight situations. The Birds are going to have to learn to play that way as well.

they are a gimmicky offense. they live off of fooling the defense.

I wouldn't call them gimmicky. They run a scheme that exploits there talent at different positions. As a Falcon fan I am envious of this, because they have found creative ways to do this. Are LBs need to play smart this weekend.

I think our D has to get constant pressure with a lot of different blitzing schemes. A defense has to disrupt the plays before they have time to develop. I think you'll see blitzing safeties and corners a lot this Sunday.

Also, the O needs to protect the ball. Turnovers are what the Taints thrive on and get in bunches.

Blackandgold.com and Saintsreport.com and we have Falcon fans flocking there so decided to use my long time membership that i've had even longer than most of the so called falcon fans (under DNINC) here to log in and chat.. so where ya' gettin at?

It looks like you are just feeding the fire with this topic:

http://blackandgold.com/saints/29043-what-falcons-fans-saying.html

This is the Falcons forums, we discuss our team here and our rivals...