Saints looked bad tonight.

Zodiac

Yea you won, but seriously all homerism aside you guys looked beyond average tonight, the Niners beat themselves.

Brees was only 28/38 for 254 yards against a Niners secondary with no real lockdown CB and you guys lose Bush and Randall Gay.

Get this through your head your not invicible this season, you've just played 2 below average teams that beat themselves.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saints should have put this puppy to bed early in the fourth when they had 1st and goal from the one. That being said I dont disagree with anything you guys said but the beautiful thing is we won and there is no poll for style points. I'm sure they will be readu for sunday at home in a very noisy dome.

If the saints try and play the run like they have the first two weeks that noisy dome is gong to be quiet REALLY fast.

Last year when Turner was bursting out some of the runs he had it was nearly silent.

Saints should have put this puppy to bed early in the fourth when they had 1st and goal from the one. That being said I dont disagree with anything you guys said but the beautiful thing is we won and there is no poll for style points. I'm sure they will be readu for sunday at home in a very noisy dome.

Nah.. you guys have a 7 hour flight (proabably wont take off till around 1:30 AM est, 6 Hours back to NO. You guys basically have 4 real days to prep where as we started prepping today, not to mention how torn up and battered your D Line is atm, they've gotten shredded by AP and Gore and they only have 5 days to rest up against Michael Turner and Jason Snelling.

btw what did reggie do to his knee, and what about Gay?

Edited by Zodiac

We play like this Sunday we get ran out of our dome.....

I think the conditions played a factor in the game, also against a very underrated defense, but we found a way to win.

It was very ugly, but hey it still puts a W in the column. Anyway night all be on tomorrow.

That is true nola, but don't overlook the fact your defense looks week and the offense isn't clicking. Apparently you have two wins over some really bad teams. At least go out and pound a team like we did and show to show your teams prowess. This bad play will catch up with you guys soon enough.

Right now your rankings against two inferior opponents I might add are:

Offense 21st

Defense 23rd

Falcons

offense 6th

Defense 16th

Yeh but the falcons didn't play any inferior offense either...

Defense 16th

Saints are once again atop the league in takeaway margin and are winning, so of course WFL wants the discussion to be about yards (blah blah blah :rolleyes: ).

I thought the turnovers were fleeting and that we couldn't rely on them? Matty Ice better watch that ball placement he got away with a few times last week, this week it'll be points the other way B)

If the saints try and play the run like they have the first two weeks that noisy dome is gong to be quiet REALLY fast.

Last year when Turner was bursting out some of the runs he had it was nearly silent.

How did that work out for ya in the end?

Nah.. you guys have a 7 hour flight (proabably wont take off till around 1:30 AM est, 6 Hours back to NO. You guys basically have 4 real days to prep where as we started prepping today, not to mention how torn up and battered your D Line is atm, they've gotten shredded by AP and Gore and they only have 5 days to rest up against Michael Turner and Jason Snelling.

btw what did reggie do to his knee, and what about Gay?

Whatever helps you sleep at night dude. Saints will be ready. Its amazing how confident you guys get when you beat a bad team at home.

You guys are being saved by the bell. Defense 25th last season, 23rd this season, for whom the bell tolls. It tolls this weekend against the Falcons offense! :ph34r:

And our Defernse was ranked 8 last week. But We find ways to win when we should lose. That's the sign of a good team. As opposed to losing games we should win like we used to. We play the falcons twice a year. From what I have seen I'm not worried in the least.

That is true nola, but don't overlook the fact your defense looks week and the offense isn't clicking. Apparently you have two wins over some really bad teams. At least go out and pound a team like we did and show to show your teams prowess. This bad play will catch up with you guys soon enough.

Right now your rankings against two inferior opponents I might add are:

Offense 21st

Defense 23rd

Falcons

offense 6th

Defense 16th

Defense 16th

And were tied for 1st in the NFCS. That matters more than any of this.

Yea you won, but seriously all homerism aside you guys looked beyond average tonight, the Niners beat themselves.

Brees was only 28/38 for 254 yards against a Niners secondary with no real lockdown CB and you guys lose Bush and Randall Gay.

Get this through your head your not invicible this season, you've just played 2 below average teams that beat themselves.

I will agree that we got it handed to us up front on both sides of the ball. And our DE's got mauled pretty much most of the game. They were a fired up team after the egg they laid in Seattle. Plus going up against the champs gave them more of an incentive. They played like they wanted it the most. However, the saints, being the champs they are, found a way to win.

Saints can win close games on the road, Falcons apparently can only win blowouts at home cool.gif

Saints once again racking up the takeaways... how many times will the Falcons cough it up next week? smile.gif

The Falcons are not the niners. Only thing we have to be aware of, is those rinky dink screens that opens up your offense. Running game not so much. Your Defense :lol: let's just say watch out for Turner and Snelling, ok strawberry shortcake :lol:

Edited by The Birds are the truth

I would compare some of them to your 8-8 and 7-9 teams yes. The defense is going backwards along with your running game. Breesus is still Breesus butall I have to do is get Van Gorder to cover 12-15 screens this week and we'll be ok! laugh.gif

Minnesota and San Fran were both in the top 6 in rush defense last season and both were in the top 5 in YPC. In San Frans Week 1 game they allowed 77 yards at 3.4 YPC. We proved we could run on Minnesota in the second half of Week 1. Stop overreacting.

I make a factual comment so who is overreacting? Just tell me how many yards you will limit the Falcons to this week. I am curious to see if you think your defense is up to the task? I say we will be in the 400-500 range. Your only hope is a rainbow of turnovers or you guys will be finished.

Your only hope is if Snelling's legs can hold up and keep Breesus off the field. You know your secondary outmatched :ph34r:

Our secondary has been one of the better groups in the league so far!

Well we havent really faced a QB... but, Your defense is going to be battered and tired on really 4 days of rest, your O isn't nearly as good without bush, once bush left you guys got stuffed and had to go to an underneath route, and than Crisp houston took over a 49er player on the long pass to Colston. Without Bush you cant run a screen 10 times a game, Thomas won't be able to take 10 screen passes and rush 20 something times. Were going to double up on Colston and Meachem and Force Thomas or Moore to beat us.

ugly win?