Whats Michael Lombardis problem with the Falcons?

Falcon UK

Link:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ab12cb/article/texans-redefining-their-identity-with-strong-start-to-season?module=HP_cp2

Basically the guy has written a fairly sizeable article on the weeks games and his only mention of the weeks highest scoring team so far in the entire article is:

» Kurt Warner never played defense for the Arizona Cardinals, so his retirement should not have any bearing on their defensive effort. In Atlanta, the Cardinals were bad in every phase of the game. They could not convert third downs and allowed the Falcons to have 33 first downs. Yes, they miss Warner badly, but the defense has to show up no matter who plays quarterback.

Correct me if i'm wrong but he's the same idiot who has been on about how awful Ryan is, and how we'd desperately have traded secondaries with the Ravens AFTER all their players went down with injuries.

Is he just as clueless as he seems or does he have a reason not to like us?

He also hates Dunta and said he was "unimpressive in preseason". I guess he was unimpressive because HE DID NOT PLAY in preseason.

He also said we were trying to sign Shawn Merriman ... which of course we would have no interest doing.

His credibility is less than zero ... good thing too since he hates the Falcons.

he was so bad it was like he wasn't even out ther!

Earlier in the week, the NFL Network’s Michael Lombardi reported that some within the Falcons’ organization were “having doubts” about Ryan. (Noteworthy: Lombardi also reported in the offseason that the Falcons were in trade talks with San Diego for linebacker Shawne Merriman, which proved baseless.)

Dimitroff smiled when asked about the Ryan report. “All I can tell you is it didn’t come from myself or Mike Smith,” he said. “Do I need to say anything else?”

He did: “It’s ridiculous to think there’s concerns.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2010/09/19/matt-ryan-overcomes-first-hellish-week-not-that-he-noticed/

Yeah I saw that, does he have some reason for all the hate though? Or is he just genuinely ignorant and bad at his job?

It's a trend, nobody has to be a good reporter these days to be quoted around the country/world all it takes is an internet connection. Anyone can be quoted from a blog/tweet/email/text, etc. and it's taken as "gossip" that's then passed around to radio stations, other websites, etc. This wasn't the world we lived in even a few years ago.

this is what i sent Mikey. I guess he thinks he knows football because of his last name.... :blink:

Can't wait for next Sunday...Game of the Week Falcons vs. Saints. Hopefully the Falcons organization start to doubt all of the players in their organiztion so they come out and play like Matty Ice did this week, right Mr. Lombardi

I don't like attackign the media for having an opinion I don't like, or even trashing my team.

I do have a problem with it being personal and you are in the media. Lombardi has made soem statements that where baseless and borderline lying. He has been extremily negative on the Falcons since Mike Smith and TD join the administration.

My assumption is there is bad blood between the group, and he is unable to report fairly with his bias. The NFL Network needs to do a better job of filtering their beat reporters.

Dukes just loves Vick, and appears to have soem racial issues when discussing QB's. Other than that he tends to be ok, and does a good job giving offensive lines a large personality in the media.

We get no respect on NFL Network I just dont watch them anymore they never know what they are talking about

I agree, I don't watch them anymore either.

I don't like ESPN either because all they ever talk about is the Cowboys, Steelers etc. but I would rather watch that then watch analysts that just hate the Falcons. ESPN has a few haters as well, but nothing like Deion and Faulk.

Looking through his other articles and found yet another Dunta gem

» When Atlanta's Dunta Robinson becomes a shutdown cornerback, please let me know. Watching him on tape, he does not cover well and the Falcons have to be wondering why they paid so much for so little.

This was after week 1, and on top of his pre season bashing.

Its comes across like pettyness youd expect from a child...