Why do the saints need soo many pep talks this season?

crankdatfalcon

First it was derek fisher from the lakers who gave them a pep talk during preseason, now its being reported that ronnie lott will give them a pep talk before the game tonight. LOL, are the aints that desperate that they need to hear some inspiring words before taking the field. The weird thing i found about this pep talk is why is ronnie lot, "a former 49er" and hall of famer, giving the enemy a pep talk????? If jessie tuggle gave the aints a pep talk before they played us, should we take offense to that?????

*took this from the 49ers msg board*

Just reported on fox NFL Sunday that Ronnie Lott is going to give the saints a pep talk before Mondays game vs the niners. Jerry rice gave the seahawks a pep talk before last weeks game. WTF is up with our hall of fame ex players giving pep talks to the apposing team before we play them? They should be in our locker room talking to our guys before those games. Does this piss anybody else off?

First it was derek fisher from the lakers who gave them a pep talk during preseason, now its being reported that ronnie lott will give them a pep talk before the game tonight. LOL, are the aints that desperate that they need to hear some inspiring words before taking the field. The weird thing i found about this pep talk is why is ronnie lot, "a former 49er" and hall of famer, giving the enemy a pep talk????? If jessie tuggle gave the aints a pep talk before they played us, should we take offense to that?????

*took this from the 49ers msg board*

Just reported on fox NFL Sunday that Ronnie Lott is going to give the saints a pep talk before Mondays game vs the niners. Jerry rice gave the seahawks a pep talk before last weeks game. WTF is up with our hall of fame ex players giving pep talks to the apposing team before we play them? They should be in our locker room talking to our guys before those games. Does this piss anybody else off?

Yea, that's foul! No loyalty to your former team? What's that about? $$$$??? :mellow:

It's how the coaches inspire greatness in the players. Did it all last season too.

but you do understand how it makes yall look like, when you grab a former hall of fame player of the team you are about to face for a pep talk. Dont know who deserves more of the blame..lott or the saints. Just stay away from our former falcons when we play yall. I dont think none of our former players will be sell outs like that tho.

If that's true, Ronnie Lott = Sell Out.

At least Rice played for the Seahawks. Not for long but he did play for them.

Jerryricepictures8.JPG

Man, seriously. Shouldn't two of the greatest Niners be trying to get the Niners fired up?

You have to wonder if the Saints are paying these people to do this. I have a hard time believing otherwise. If you need to pay greats to pump your team up, you aren't doing your job as a coach.

Keep it up with the gimmicks, Saints. We gonna be fired up without the help of Jim McMahon, or Rod Woodson, or any other random player that never played for us. ;)

Man, seriously. Shouldn't two of the greatest Niners be trying to get the Niners fired up?

You have to wonder if the Saints are paying these people to do this. I have a hard time believing otherwise. If you need to pay greats to pump your team up, you aren't doing your job as a coach.

Keep it up with the gimmicks, Saints. We gonna be fired up without the help of Jim McMahon, or Rod Woodson, or any other random player that never played for us. ;)

Of course they're paying them, but it does make you wonder about Lott, seems a little strange unless he really doesn't like Singletary. :lol:

Why do Falcons need so many trips to cool chambers? And constant heart rate monitoring? Players can't hold up?

Because we want the best peak physical condition from our players we can get, you silly twit.

Notice I said physical condition...your team is getting hall of fame greats from other teams to help with the "emotional" side of your team...which is something coaching should be doing, not outside hall of fame mercs.

Why do Falcons need so many trips to cool chambers? And constant heart rate monitoring? Players can't hold up?

It's called science/new technology. The Falcons have invested in newer technology and techniques to gain a training edge. I can't recall one Falcons player missing a day of camp/practice over dehydration or exhaustion this summer, unlike Jeremy Shockey who suffered from dehydration and a seizure over the last 2 years. If you want to compare something that prolongs players careers to a Pep Rally that's great, but it's apples to oranges in the real world.

It stems from the fact that Sean Payton has free reign from team ownership to further the winning ways the team is currently enjoying. The Benson family has been spending the money to field a good product and it's working.

Payton is master motivator who learned under Parcells. Parcells in his day was a master at this same thing. And it's working right now...Payton is 17-3 in his last 20 games.

So I don't see it as hokey, dumb or anything else other than motivational. The players enjoy it and it stokes their fire.

And congrats on the big win this past weekend. It will be a much better game next week with the Falcons fired up.

SaintRay

It stems from the fact that Sean Payton has free reign from team ownership to further the winning ways the team is currently enjoying. The Benson family has been spending the money to field a good product and it's working.

Payton is master motivator who learned under Parcells. Parcells in his day was a master at this same thing. And it's working right now...Payton is 17-3 in his last 20 games.

So I don't see it as hokey, dumb or anything else other than motivational. The players enjoy it and it stokes their fire.

And congrats on the big win this past weekend. It will be a much better game next week with the Falcons fired up.

SaintRay

I don't agree, but at least you made more sense than your brethren. :lol:

SaintRay

sooooooooo are yall gonna dig into the falcons ring of honor and try to get jessie tuggle to give yall a motivational speech next week???