Norwood to Transition to WR ?

Karst41

Jerious would have suffered yesterday's injury no matter where he lined up. It's entirely possible he might have been a better fit and more productive at WR, but he'd still be returning kickoffs because he's just that good.

Every NFL player lives with this knowledge - his next play could be his last. To those of you who half-welcome Jerious' latest injury because it's the straw that finally broke the camel's back, congratulations, you get your wish. To those of you who understand that these guys put it all on the line every time they step on the field, I'm embedding the following clip. Be grateful for what you had. There's an excellent chance you'll never again see the likes of this from a Falcons player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ5BPNovBes

I don't know what people saw to make you think its season-ending, but I hope not. Wasn't he able to get up off the field and trot off on his own power? It wasn't until late in the first drive that the Fox announcers even seemed to pick up on it.

Also, what have people seen from Jerious that makes you think he could even handle WR duties? I've seen a lot of drops from him, including 2 (or 3?) last week. He's always looking to move before he gets the ball.

I did not want him running back kicks because he is so brittle I knew he would get hurt.

I wanted to save him for the occasional screen or dump-off that could go all the way, for however long this season he would last.

We knew when he was drafted it was a bad decision - one look at his chicken-legs you knew he was not built to last in the NFL. I hope our new walk-on speed back can learn fast and show something soon.

Jerious did not do the usual 'lay on the field until an ambulance arrives.' He was assisted off the field by a couple of players. I missed it originally until they showed him leaving on the cart to the locker room. Luckily I had it DVR and rewound until I saw him in the game (opening kickoff) and saw him go down when he made that juke/cut. Nobody really tackled him, I am afraid his knee got hyperextended if he's lucky and he strained it. But the fact they took him out in a cart and he was on crutches later suggests it was something more.

I am not happy he is hurt, but I am not suprised either.

Jerious would have suffered yesterday's injury no matter where he lined up. It's entirely possible he might have been a better fit and more productive at WR, but he'd still be returning kickoffs because he's just that good.

Every NFL player lives with this knowledge - his next play could be his last. To those of you who half-welcome Jerious' latest injury because it's the straw that finally broke the camel's back, congratulations, you get your wish. To those of you who understand that these guys put it all on the line every time they step on the field, I'm embedding the following clip. Be grateful for what you had. There's an excellent chance you'll never again see the likes of this from a Falcons player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ5BPNovBes

Good clips but my favorite is at WASH in 2006 I believe. that is my favorite norwood run.

I don't know what people saw to make you think its season-ending, but I hope not. Wasn't he able to get up off the field and trot off on his own power? It wasn't until late in the first drive that the Fox announcers even seemed to pick up on it.

Also, what have people seen from Jerious that makes you think he could even handle WR duties? I've seen a lot of drops from him, including 2 (or 3?) last week. He's always looking to move before he gets the ball.

no, he had to have 2 guys help him off the field. usually non-contact injuries to knees where the turf grabs the player's feet end up with torn acl's or something serious enough for IR. norwood, as sad as it is, likely played his last game as a falcon. i wish it wasn't so, but he will never return to the form from the clips above with the injuries he has endured. my hat's off to him, and i pray he proves me wrong too.

If I got my wish, he'd never have been so injury prone. He is, however. Because he is, the only thing that makes me somewhat glad his season is over is that we no longer have to worry about when it's going to happen, and we can just plan without him. That's not to say I wished it to happen. For the couple of plays he had this year, he looked like he'd gotten over his fear of another head injury, and was pretty exciting again.