Boardwalk Empire

Tootie Quivers

It looks like the kind of show that will force you to be on your toes and really pay attention to details. But I might be feeling that way strictly because of the number of characters introduced on the first episode. I thought it dragged a little at first and then found its' stride.

But something I knew I would have to struggle through when I found out that the show was being made is the music of the times. I'm not talking about music played in the scenes themselves, but more the background score. I've always hated to hear that music and those recordings of the day.

Finally saw it lastnight and looks like it's gonna be pretty good. With the set and the detail that Scorcese puts into what he films the budget for this show has to be off the charts. The first episode was almost like a movie (75 minutes)and period pieces are always super expensive.HBO must be doing well.

But something I knew I would have to struggle through when I found out that the show was being made is the music of the times. I'm not talking about music played in the scenes themselves, but more the background score. I've always hated to hear that music and those recordings of the day.

Agreed, there is something very horror movie-ish about them.

Watched it with my roommates, and overall we loved it. Hard to beliave that Steve Buscemi could pull of a serious leading roll but he does it quite well.

When that one guy turned out to be Al Capone, I nearly flipped :o

That was great directing. Just having a normal conversation and at the end he just casually introduces himself. "Al Capone" *hand shakes.

Epic

The show appears to be a winner. Hard to believe HBO just keeps coming up with these hit series time after time. I am glad Scorsese is directing it, hopefully that can stay on story and not clutter it up too much. Buscemi is what I thought he was going to be, really good. Should be a very good series.

I DVR'd it to watch the sunday night football game. Finally watched it last night - LOVED it. Obviously nothing will ever touch The Sopranos, but I loved the feel and the flow of the show..the emotional strings tugged and the overall story.

Very much looking forward to seeing more episodes.

Which one? The guy with the mustache? I must have missed that part.

Season Pass set up for sure. Good show.

That Jimmy needs to stop chewing gum in every scene.

The short guy who was standing outside with Jimmy while the big guys sat down to dinner and discussed working a deal to get liquor through Enoch. The actor who is playing Capone is Stephen Graham http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0334318/

• 2 months later...

Did anyone watch this all season? I thought it was great. The first few episodes were a little slow, but the sets, costumes and characters made up the the lack of events in the first few. However, it really picked up and stayed strong through the finale. Great character development and writing and solid acting all around. I can't wait for next season. HBO has another great series on its hands.