Does Snelling Deserve To Be The Starter?

ROMERO

ok ok turner is our guy lol then snelling deserves to be the back behind turner. i think norwood is done.

I agree on Norwood, if he spends any amount of time at all on the sidelines due to this injury it is time to move on. As much as I've wanted Norwood to be on this team he just can't stay healthy.

people get the numbers confused. Snelling got hard earned yards.........he got some good rips off the edges too though. Turner didnt get any hard earned yards......Snelling has shown us that he can kill a clock.....Turner has shown us that he can kill a drive. I think the load should now be split between the two.......we now need a number two back because it is obvious that Snelling and Turner should both be the number 1. That sounds stupid but if ya split the load the wear on both and the chance for injury you need a back to be able to come in.........I wouldnt want to see Smith coming in with the game on his shoulders.

I dont want to think that the burner has "burnt out" but he is looking bad. Snelling looks like he should be number one and i think he should.

Cmon mannnn! Think about what you're saying before posting an idiotic thread. Turner was bruising that cardinals D before Snelling came in. Now don't get me wrong, I loved what Snelling did and hope he continues to succeed when we need him, but to think he should be given the starting job when Turner was doing the same thing? Pretty dumb IMO.

people get the numbers confused. Snelling got hard earned yards.........he got some good rips off the edges too though. Turner didnt get any hard earned yards......Snelling has shown us that he can kill a clock.....Turner has shown us that he can kill a drive. I think the load should now be split between the two.......we now need a number two back because it is obvious that Snelling and Turner should both be the number 1. That sounds stupid but if ya split the load the wear on both and the chance for injury you need a back to be able to come in.........I wouldnt want to see Smith coming in with the game on his shoulders.

So, Turner got more yards against Pittsburgh than Chris Johnson did without Hampton in the line up, and all of a sudden Snelling is better than him? The passing game was great, and this opened up the run. People who really know football will understand this. Turner is the man. Snelling is good, but he's not Turner. Turner may not be Jamal Anderson, but he's our guy.

This is just... wrong. I get why your pulling for Snelling and I'm ecstatic that the Falcons have him but Turner is more of a game changer. You've seen what hes really capable of and just because he doesn't do it every down of every game and because Snelling AND Ryan ripped a fairly poor defense yesterday doesn't mean the load should switch to Snelling or even be split.

Did you ever think that teams gameplan for the starter over their backup. Not saying they don't pay any attention at all to backups but they were ready for Turner and with Snellings' abilities he was able to take advantage of the fact that they were just not ready for him. Be happy we have these two guys but Turner is the one that can and should carry the load. Snelling is proving he can be a good change of pace guy anyways catchin passes out of the backfield.

BTW I enjoy the relaxation of a game like that but I hate having to sit through two + quarters of garbage time. You just can't learn that much as a player and you can't learn that much about your team in those types of games. A win is a win and there is no way I would want to change the outcome. The situation created by such an early blowout a week before what could be the biggest and will be at least the second biggest game this season doesn't sit well with me. The penalties that ATL started to make towards the end shows that those games are very difficult to get through and stay motivated through.

I dont want to think that the burner has "burnt out" but he is looking bad. Snelling looks like he should be number one and i think he should.

Uh, did you miss the first quarter of the game? He looked bad how? Because he didn't have a good day against the Steelers defense who NEVER gives up high rushing yards...

Don't get me wrong, I love Snell...but Turner is the better back.

Turner is clearly the better runner, but Snelling seems to be a lot more versatile. His versatility means a less predictable playcall when he is in. Therefore I could see an argument for Snelling starting, but I really think that Turner is THAT much better a runner to keep a hold on the starting gig. But Snelling needs to keep all the touches he's getting. He makes the most of his opportunities.